Thursday, August 25, 2011
So today was a long exhausting day for me. I only have 5 mins to write this blog LITERALLY. I am on a time limit. I gave myself 10 mins to journal and 5 mins to blog.
I have been tired since I got off work. But I decided that somethings MUST be done so I used my time to clean a little, catch up on work that needed to be done this week and of course get at LEAST 7 hours of sleep.
So now I can quickly tell you the reasons why I'M PROUD of myself today.
* though I am busy, I have NEVER given up on my goal to lose weight and BE HEALTHY.
* I may not be able to squeeze in much but I try to do something each day. like today I did 20 squats before jumping into bed, a 30 second plank hold for my abs and 5 mins on my spin bike. in the GRAND scheme of things, that was nothing... but to me that was a statement of DEDICATION even when it has to be a little. and I'm sick... so I need to learn to take it easy on myself. I am planning some AM exercise though.
*I chose a healthy lunch at the cafeteria. - small piece of chicken marsala, cabbage, and carrots
*I passed on coldstone icecream even though I was right outside the store and wanted it. And I chose not to eat in intentionally! MY goals are MORE important
* I have been recording my food and exercise for 2 days. 3 more days til I get my first mini gift!
* I set several mini goals to get the ball rolling on this lasting weight loss and I'm actually completing each step.
** I made time to journal and blog despite an already jam packed day, being sick, and being exhausted.
Time is up.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
I'm just dropping by to update you all.
I have been working hard as usual. I woke up randomly at 7:30 this morning (a SATURDAY, when I don't even have to work!! GASP) So I decided to make the most of this morning and get back to my usual free weekend plan of going to a park/hiking on my day off. :-D I am doing my best to stay active. And though I haven't lost much in the weight department, my body is getting MORE and MORE fit. :-) It's to the point where ppl think I have lost pounds but I haven't and even in pictures I look slimmer. At the doctors office, the nurse put the bar (on the scale) at 100 and I told her you need to move it to the 150. She said, NO way. Then she saw I was correct and said WOW I never would have guessed, you wear it well.
All that to say, I want to lose POUNDS. But in the mean while, I don't mind carrying it [ the weight] well. :-) Time for a good workout, so that one day soon the bar on the scale can stay on the 100 bar and I will be at my goal! :-D
Sunday, August 14, 2011
This is a progress picture taken today to compare to the one from earlier this summer. Excuse the scarf and mismatch bikini. LOL.
So in the past few months, I have graduated from medical school. Started working 80 hour work weeks as a doctor, had little time to get most stuff done, but tried on a consistent basis to exercise as much as I could AND eat healthier.
Things I've learned in my limited free time over the past few months:
1. Sleep is important. I feel better when I get sleep EVERY night. And some nights I have to work 10 pm - 2 pm so I don't sleep much those nights. But, every night I CAN get sleep, I NEED to make a conscious effort to do so.
2. This weight loss thing is MORE about eating healthy than exercising 2 hours a day. - My time is limited. Luckily I actually ENJOY exercise and look forward to it, but I have this sinking suspicion that I will reach my goals MUCH faster if I eat healthy foods in moderation and exercise when I can. vs. eating fast food daily and then exercising like a manic and losing out on sleep because I need to burn off the extra cals.
3. Being positive is the only way to maintain sanity. - Lets see, I'm a Psychiatrist... so my personal mental health is VERY important to me and I plan to do my best to protect it. So that means, I choose to be positive, eliminate unnecessary stress and keep my life as simple as possible for as long as possible.
4. My life has GREATLY improved since I removed the negative people in my life. - As bad as I felt for having to eliminate some people and things, my life is MUCH BETTER for it. Daily arguing is not good for your health- mentally or physically. I look better, feel better, am happier, and actually enjoy life more now that I've made some changes.
5. Being single is better than being unhappily attached. -enough said.
6. When I trust God, he works it out. - He always has, and I trust he always will
7. I have to make PLANS and have something to look forward to in order to be successful AND feel like I am focused. - Goals make getting up each day a little easier. Therefore, I need to spend more time thinking about what I want from this life... and then go about getting it.
8. This journey is about SELF-LOVE: I have said it before and will say it again, until you learn to LOVE yourself I don't think you can be successful. No matter how far you've let yourself go, you've GOT to find something you can love about yourself or you will not continue to be successful. Lose weight because you deserve to have the freedom to live life how you want to live it. Just make sure you are loving yourself along the way. Buy nice clothes, get pedicures, wear makeup (if that's something that makes you feel good about yourself), whatever you do STOP WAITING UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOALS TO LIVE!!!!!! You never know how much life you have left, why not enjoy it while it's yours to enjoy. You won't get these days back.
And on that note, I've got plenty to do today before it is time for bed. I try to go to a new park every weekend and get at least ONE outdoor workout per week. On my agenda today is prayer, cleaning, a little shopping, an outdoor workout, writing, some reading, and sleep. LOL We'll see how much I get done.
P.s. I did not proof read this and I'm rushing. Hope you enjoy the blog. Later!
Friday, July 08, 2011
~*~ We are half way through 2011 and I want to SEE results come NEW YEAR! Join me~*~
July is here and in full affect. We are one week in 7/8/11 So we have about 3 weeks to get going and reach our goals! I have lost 3 pounds so far this month and remembered that we have not Set our monthly challenge yet.
How about a JULY challenge to lose 5 pounds in the remaining THREE weeks of JULY! And the challenge is called on the road to FREEDOM because each step we take in a positive direction is bringing us that much closer to our ultimate goal. And I'm not sure about you, but my ULTIMATE goal is to be free of the pain of not being completely satisfied with my body and knowing that I could do something about it if I just stay focused. So if anyone is interested, sign up here (in the message board of GMIH) and lets just focus on the next few weeks to get a little closer to our ultimate goal.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Drink 6 glasses of water a day. (count them. So when you check in you can say you did it)
2. Eat 3 fruits/veggies a day. - may I suggest one with each meal, if that would help you stay focused and remember?
3. Do something active everyday. Doesn't have to be much; one trip around the block in your neighborhood, one extra flight of stairs, 20 punches or push ups before bed. whatever. Just do something active DAILY.
4. Do 30 mins of planned exercise at least THREE days a week for the next THREE weeks.
5. At the end of each day, write what you did correctly AND give yourself a compliment.
There we go, 5 steps to lose hopefully 5 pounds by the end of JULY.
If you don't make it there completely, that's fine. But remember, on the road to FREEDOM every step/every pound counts. (even losing 3 lbs a month would leave you 18 lbs lighter by the end of the year.... and 18 POUNDS is a big deal.)
Ok team, you've been challenged. Now, MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Oh and all those who participate and/or reach the 3 pound goal get a GOODIE!!!!!!
Friday, June 24, 2011
Im back from my cruise, still looking AND feeling good. :-) I ate the things I wanted but in moderation... and don't think I had a real dessert the entire time. I didn't gain too much weight (what I did gain was likely from salt retention... but a week and lots of water will show my true weight) and did SOMETHING active every day! Stairs, running on the track, walking miles in the cities :-) So I'm happy and feeling free.
I start work next week, so I will get back to my regular rotation pretty soon so I can continue the weight loss.
I HAVE INTERNET NOW!!! WOOHOOO
Hope you all had a great week!
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts