Sunday, July 18, 2010
This will be short because I am studying for my test Thursday...
I hear people say it all the time... I SAY IT all the time. But I need to listen to my body. I was tired last night.... likely because I am sleeping on average 4-5 hours a night. Medical school requires us to work 12-14 hours days, 6 days a week. With this being test week... it means my life is basically centered around school. But I still need time to sleep. So, I finally gave in, reluctantly I must admit, and went and laid down at 9 pm (Saturday night) . I worked 30 hours from Friday am to Saturday afternoon. I woke up this am and felt a little more refreshed... so I have been up studying since I woke up. The test is Thursday... the day before my 25th bday. And I just took a test Friday! -Not complaining though because, thank God I am following my dream.
I'm going to take time to exercise today... running, jumping rope, and strength training. And I'm going to give my self 90 minutes to do it. I can afford 90 mins for my mental/physical well being.
Oh and the reason I started this blog was to say.... I just learned that one of my small handfuls of walnuts = 1 OZ!
** I'm eating healthy and limiting bread and fries from my diet for the next week at least! lol... my 25th bday is coming and I want to do a "last workout" challenge til then.
Breakfast @ 9 am= oatmeal w 3 teaspoons of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of butter. + one fried egg
snack @ 1:10 pm = apple and 1 oz of walnuts [ small snack because I'm about to workout]
Friday, July 16, 2010
1. I made a decision today to focus on telling myself the reasons WHY I CAN do something, instead of focusing on the reasons why I can't.
2. I studied for my test tomorrow, prepared and practice, and now am choosing to walk in faith and CONFIDENCE that I know what I am doing. And am ready to RAWK this test! lol
3. I only ate ONE slice of pie ( I made a sweet potato pie, it was the bomb!)
4. I packed oats to eat at work for breakfast. just added water and found a microwave
5. I took time to go to a ZUMBA class to relieve stress before studying
6. took time to meditate and pray.
7. Ate healthy, exercised, and journaled.
8. took time to sweep and MOP my kitchen floor... and washed dishes... on a test day. PROGRESS! lol :-)
Have a great night everyone! Just giving myself credit for the hard work I am doing. Sometimes it's easy to focus on what MORE we need to do, when really we should sit back and look at how much we have done!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
So it's been 2 months since my last "official" measurement and I've lost 13.5 inches!!! WOO HOO!! only lost 3 lbs officially though.
Just wanted to throw that out there. Pretty excited. Hoping to see more inches AND POUNDS each month until I reach my goal!! My new goal is to make my STOMACH my FAVORITE body part. Now, THAT, will be a challenge! I'm ready for it!
Most of my inches came from my thighs.
Lost 1.5 inches from hips! and .25 from waist!
- 2.5 inch on left thigh, -2.75 lbs on right thigh.
-2 inches on biggest part of upper thigh L/ -2.2.5 on R biggest part of thigh
** I measure different areas of my thighs to see how they go down b/c my legs are curvy... like me! LOL
(p.s. I didn't include all of the areas measured... lol. so I knoo that this doesn't add up to 13.5 lol)
Gotta go, need to study. Just wanted to update!
Love you all my sparkfriends, - gonabfit, the Beautiful Bombshell
Monday, July 12, 2010
As I work on this journey to self-acceptance, I found this article and thought it might be helpful to others too! :-)
We MUST learn to love ourselves. I WILL love the ME I am today, while working towards improvement. So... step by step, day by day I'm working towards loving me. Cause I'm fabulous. And YOU ARE TOO!
. Gonabfit - stbna (soon to be known as... LOL) Beautiful Bombshell (I'm claiming it!)
Nov 14, 2008
How to Look Better Naked (Right Now!)
How to let go of your inhibitions and show off what youíre working with Ė you donít even have to give up your favorite foods!
Donít hide your body from the one person who loves it unconditionally! Being confident in your own skin is a surefire way to turn up the heat between the sheets. The challenge doesnít lie in deprivation diets and brutal workouts at the gym Ė itís all about self-acceptance. If youíre insecure about what youíve got under those clothes, you arenít alone! According to a survey conducted by Elle and MSNBC, about two out of three women arenít satisfied with their bodies. Check out these 8 tips that will help you feel more confident and sexy in the buff today -- all without giving up carbs and chocolate!
1. Accept your body. Comparing yourself to airbrushed celeb photos from your favorite glossies? Forget about it -- itís time to relax, take a step back and realize that thin models in magazines are the minority (the average American female weighs 164 pounds according to the CDC National Center for Health Statistics). The key is to loving the skin youíre in is to accept your body the way it is. There is nothing wrong with your body; itís simply a matter of how you perceive it! Itís important to remember that your spouse is not nearly as critical of you as you are of yourself. We tend to remember criticism and forget compliments. Change this behavior. Instead of focusing on your mother-in-lawís comment about how much weight youíve put on since the wedding, think about all the times your spouse said you were beautiful. Start thinking positively. Instead of blaming yourself for not exercising enough or eating right, make healthy lifestyle goals. Remember, you canít change the past, but you can change the future.
2. Change your posture. Walking around with your eyes glued to the ground and slouching over like Quasimodo [sidenote: I JUST LITERALLY laughed OUT LOUD! ] does not scream confidence. Instead, become aware of how you position your body throughout the day. Bring your shoulders back and keep your head up.
3. Amp up your exercise routine. In order to feel more frisky this evening, work out hard today! Not only does exercise change our physiques, it also release endorphins that make us happy and put us in the mood!
4. Wax it off. Freaked out by body hair? Waxing -- exactly, ahem, where is up to you -- will leave your skin smooth and give you a fresh and confident feeling. If you are wax-a-phobic, groom with a razor or scissor.
5. Primp a little. Wake up a little bit early in the morning to spend extra time grooming yourself. Take time to clean up your eyebrows, comb through your hair, or apply a facial mask. Donít try anything that can cause major skin irritation such as upper lip waxing or using a pore strip because it will make you self-conscious. A little TLC in the morning will give you an extra boost of confidence that can last all day and evening. Cocoa butter is not going to magically erase your stretch marks--it simply moisturizes your skin. Most women develop stretch marks after pregnancy or when they gain weight. Unless you are ready to invest in some laser surgery, there's not too much you can do about them. Donít sweat it. Ask your friends about their experiences -- youíll realize how common stretch marks are!
Although some products and creams may help reduce the appearance of cellulite, there is no magic way to make it completely disappear. Our advice? Same as above: accept it. Hey, youíre just like a celebrity in a magazine! However, some lifestyle changes can help prevent and slightly reduce the appearance of cellulite. Increasing fiber and cutting down on fatty foods, carbohydrates, and salt can help. Decrease your bodyís fat percentage by maintaining a balanced diet and exercising. This lifestyle will not only help prevent and reduce the appearance of cellulite, it has other benefits like increased energy and a better mood.
# Set the scene. The oldest trick in the book is to turn off the lights and pull up the covers when it's time to get frisky. Instead of turning off the lights completely, dim them or use candles. Keep the room temperature cool Ė but not too cold Ė and avoid covering up with the blanket. Focus on your partnerís body and his reaction to yours. Ask your partner which one of your physical assets he likes best -- we bet he has more than one!
# Keep it fresh. Two words: personal hygiene. It sounds pretty basic, but staying fresh and clean will help you feel more comfortable naked. If youíre insecure about body odor, jump in the shower before sex Ė or make it part of the big moment. Your partner will relish the opportunity to lather up with you!
# Slip into something sexy. Itís time to ditch those cotton granny pants (we know youíve got Ďem) and invest in some undies that are sexy and comfortable. When shopping at the lingerie store enlist a sales clerk to help you look for something that works well with your body type. Donít be afraid to try them on over your underwear. Remember, sexy doesnít necessarily mean revealing. Sometimes itís best to leave a little something to the imagination. If you arenít into G-strings or thongs, try a boy short (they even come in lace). Sport your sexy lingerie under your clothes throughout the day Ė youíll look forward to the ďbig revealĒ all day.
-- By Sandra Le
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts