Monday, July 12, 2010
As I work on this journey to self-acceptance, I found this article and thought it might be helpful to others too! :-)
We MUST learn to love ourselves. I WILL love the ME I am today, while working towards improvement. So... step by step, day by day I'm working towards loving me. Cause I'm fabulous. And YOU ARE TOO!
. Gonabfit - stbna (soon to be known as... LOL) Beautiful Bombshell (I'm claiming it!)
Nov 14, 2008
How to Look Better Naked (Right Now!)
How to let go of your inhibitions and show off what youíre working with Ė you donít even have to give up your favorite foods!
Donít hide your body from the one person who loves it unconditionally! Being confident in your own skin is a surefire way to turn up the heat between the sheets. The challenge doesnít lie in deprivation diets and brutal workouts at the gym Ė itís all about self-acceptance. If youíre insecure about what youíve got under those clothes, you arenít alone! According to a survey conducted by Elle and MSNBC, about two out of three women arenít satisfied with their bodies. Check out these 8 tips that will help you feel more confident and sexy in the buff today -- all without giving up carbs and chocolate!
1. Accept your body. Comparing yourself to airbrushed celeb photos from your favorite glossies? Forget about it -- itís time to relax, take a step back and realize that thin models in magazines are the minority (the average American female weighs 164 pounds according to the CDC National Center for Health Statistics). The key is to loving the skin youíre in is to accept your body the way it is. There is nothing wrong with your body; itís simply a matter of how you perceive it! Itís important to remember that your spouse is not nearly as critical of you as you are of yourself. We tend to remember criticism and forget compliments. Change this behavior. Instead of focusing on your mother-in-lawís comment about how much weight youíve put on since the wedding, think about all the times your spouse said you were beautiful. Start thinking positively. Instead of blaming yourself for not exercising enough or eating right, make healthy lifestyle goals. Remember, you canít change the past, but you can change the future.
2. Change your posture. Walking around with your eyes glued to the ground and slouching over like Quasimodo [sidenote: I JUST LITERALLY laughed OUT LOUD! ] does not scream confidence. Instead, become aware of how you position your body throughout the day. Bring your shoulders back and keep your head up.
3. Amp up your exercise routine. In order to feel more frisky this evening, work out hard today! Not only does exercise change our physiques, it also release endorphins that make us happy and put us in the mood!
4. Wax it off. Freaked out by body hair? Waxing -- exactly, ahem, where is up to you -- will leave your skin smooth and give you a fresh and confident feeling. If you are wax-a-phobic, groom with a razor or scissor.
5. Primp a little. Wake up a little bit early in the morning to spend extra time grooming yourself. Take time to clean up your eyebrows, comb through your hair, or apply a facial mask. Donít try anything that can cause major skin irritation such as upper lip waxing or using a pore strip because it will make you self-conscious. A little TLC in the morning will give you an extra boost of confidence that can last all day and evening. Cocoa butter is not going to magically erase your stretch marks--it simply moisturizes your skin. Most women develop stretch marks after pregnancy or when they gain weight. Unless you are ready to invest in some laser surgery, there's not too much you can do about them. Donít sweat it. Ask your friends about their experiences -- youíll realize how common stretch marks are!
Although some products and creams may help reduce the appearance of cellulite, there is no magic way to make it completely disappear. Our advice? Same as above: accept it. Hey, youíre just like a celebrity in a magazine! However, some lifestyle changes can help prevent and slightly reduce the appearance of cellulite. Increasing fiber and cutting down on fatty foods, carbohydrates, and salt can help. Decrease your bodyís fat percentage by maintaining a balanced diet and exercising. This lifestyle will not only help prevent and reduce the appearance of cellulite, it has other benefits like increased energy and a better mood.
# Set the scene. The oldest trick in the book is to turn off the lights and pull up the covers when it's time to get frisky. Instead of turning off the lights completely, dim them or use candles. Keep the room temperature cool Ė but not too cold Ė and avoid covering up with the blanket. Focus on your partnerís body and his reaction to yours. Ask your partner which one of your physical assets he likes best -- we bet he has more than one!
# Keep it fresh. Two words: personal hygiene. It sounds pretty basic, but staying fresh and clean will help you feel more comfortable naked. If youíre insecure about body odor, jump in the shower before sex Ė or make it part of the big moment. Your partner will relish the opportunity to lather up with you!
# Slip into something sexy. Itís time to ditch those cotton granny pants (we know youíve got Ďem) and invest in some undies that are sexy and comfortable. When shopping at the lingerie store enlist a sales clerk to help you look for something that works well with your body type. Donít be afraid to try them on over your underwear. Remember, sexy doesnít necessarily mean revealing. Sometimes itís best to leave a little something to the imagination. If you arenít into G-strings or thongs, try a boy short (they even come in lace). Sport your sexy lingerie under your clothes throughout the day Ė youíll look forward to the ďbig revealĒ all day.
-- By Sandra Le