Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Hi everyone! I just finished my test and I AM HAPPY it's over :-D I did well and I'm happy about it. Med school has taught me a lot that I can use in other aspects in my life...
1. Never, Never, Never give up!
2. Things may not come easy but with time and patience... wait let's be real... lol with time, tears, patience, prayer, perserverance, dedication, \enthusiasm and optimism YOU CAN DO ANYTHING you try!
3. Be creative. There is more than one way to skin a cat... (gross I know). But basically I'm saying do what works for you! If walking works, great! do that! If it's pilates... fine! If reading it 100 times or doing a billion questions helps you learn.. GREAT!
4. you have to Be true to yourself
5. Smile even when you don't want to. You never know who's watching but more importantly... YOU are the only one in control of your happiness.
6. Sometimes you have to fake it til you make it- not in reference to med school lol- BUT acting as if you have the chararcteristics you want, sometimes is enough to learn the skills needed to develop them! a.k.a. you are what you continuously do.
7. don't get discouraged. We can never be sure how things will turn out BUT having a positive attitude helps you handle the situation much better! Not to mention, you could be ONE step away from success... VICTORY is worth it! Nothing is sweeter than knowing you worked hard for something and got it. OR realizing that you did your absolute best and while you may not have gotten what you wanted you opened the door for many other possibilities!
8. YOU are MORe than capable and since I love the Lord, I like to say... there is NOTHING I can not do with God on my side. He never gives me more than I can handle.( Quite obviously, God trusts me a WHOLE lot... lol. )
9. Life goes on... DO NOT spend your entire life consumed with just ONE thing. Tomorrow comes and it is such a waste to be preoccupied with the things that can and will go wrong. Smile, take a deep breath and enjoy all of life's moments. seems cheesy but really you do learn something from every experience, good or bad. :-D
10. Be proactive and plan...If you want to workout in the a.m. but are too sleepy to wake up.. GO TO SLEEP! lol... really. We NEED sleep. and while I don't get as much as I want, I realize that I deserve rest-so do you!- and I am the only one who can protect my body. No sleep= cranky, forgetful, no energy to workout and takes longer to do EVERYTHING, and did I mention CRANKY!? And if you know you get too busy to exercise if you wait to do it a night, find another time to do it and protect that time!
One last thing... My motto this week is "What you do in the dark comes out in the light" I am using this motto to remind me that the little choices I am making to eat right, eat fewer fried foods, relax when I'm under stress, pray, write in my journal, and exercise whenever I can may go unnoticed... BUT if I continue to put in these 'investements' they WILL pay off. Even if that payoff is only in the form of higher self esteem and confidence OR weight loss and balance in my life... it IS WORTH IT! If I neglect myself, no one will notice... for a while. But eventually a negative attitude, grouchiness, exhaustion and a rushed, stress-filled attitude will rear it's ugly head. So... it basically just reminds me that I'm doing this for a reason. And even if the outcome isn't immediate or what I expect my habits eventually show who I am and what I believe so...that's my motto and I like it! :-)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I just took a big test and I'm sleepy so enjoy your week! I'm FREE!!! YAY!