Monday, February 08, 2010
Bombshell in Training:
Exercise: Today I did 65 mins on the elliptical after work... hmm and after a 3 hr nap after work. I was pretty tired so I laid down for a 30 min nap... 3 hours later I woke up scared it was Tues a.m. ! LOL So... I decided to go workout and get SOMETHING accomplished to make me feel good.
Diet: I didn't stick to my planned eating BUT I did make healthy choices and that makes me happy. I only had ONE item that could have been better and that was fries... but I had a grilled chicken sandwich and DIET lemonade and a healthy dinner so all in all I'm happy.
It's late so this one will be short, I need to finish studying before I go back to sleep.
Going to try to do an hour of cardio every day this week. I would like to lose 3 lbs this week! I need the scale to start MOVING! NOW! lol.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Of course SCHOOL has gotten crazy busy again, I'm delivering babies for the next 2 weeks so I'm working 14 hour days this week duringthe day time/ next week at night THEN we have a final exam on next Friday. So while I will be thinking of you all, I'm going to be on here less( maybe only once to check on my buds and sign in, etc)
I am going to do 15 mins of exercise a day. That is my pledge. And while that is not much, it is what I can do every day and stick to it without feeling bad about not getting it done AND while haveing time to study and succeed!
so I love you ALL my spark friends. Thank you OH so much for selecting me as a motivator. I will write a special blog for that when I get time!
p.s. 2 things I learned today; sometimes it's best to do what works. i.e, I LIKE instant oatmeal. lol. I bought the plain quaker kind and for WEEKS I have been skipping my oatmeal, leaving it in the microwave accidently, eating only 1/2 of my 1/2 cup serving, or being too busy for oatmeal and getting fast food instead! SOOOO Itoday I went to the grocery store and bought the oatmeal I LIKE! Brown sugar and apple cinnamon. Maybe it's not CLEAN but I WILL eat it. and in the long run it has LESS cals than chickfila breakfast ;)
2. Never give up hope. When you feel that things are the roughest KEEP pushing. Because you NEVER know how it will turn out until you give that last push. Though I was totally burned out at the end of my last rotation... I gave my all and (just got my grdes back today) I DID GREAT in that rotation! GOOOO ME! WOO HOOO!
Off to study, then sleep.
Friday, January 01, 2010
Picture of me doing my scrapbook a few weeks ago. :-) That explains the markers and magazines!
*Volunteer 1-2x a month as my schedule permits. Obviously if I’m working every weekend with school it’s less likely to happen. But I want to make this a goal
• Dress nicely each day- meaning, I will take the time to pick out my outfit and put some effort into what I will be wearing. (this gets me closer to my goal of being stylish one day lol. I dress nicely already but I want to turn it up a notch)
• Get excellent grades for the rest of the year. in order to achieve this I will have to do more reading. Pack more reading into an already packed schedule of working 30 hour “days” and being physically and emotionally exhausted after a hard day at school? I’m going to have to make it happen. I will do this by making a schedule and sticking to it… and SETTING boundaries for the time thieves in my life ! >:-]
• Rediscover my previous LOVE for reading. I am a reader. It’s what I do. But somehow I allowed the busyness and stress of medical school to rob me of my previous passion. To counter act this, I am aiming to read 1-2 books per month. This will be achieved by picking a book that I would ACTUALLY find interesting and reading a chapter/night or so, until I finish the book. I’m hoping that, since I will be interested in the book, I will be able to get through the chapters quickly. :This is an important goal for me because, I used to be a very FAST reader and loved doing it… and like I mentioned earlier, school had tricked me into thinking I did not like reading anymore. This is not true, and I don’t want to lose my passions for school:
• Develop an independent hobby- I am going to be lenient with this one because I am already busy with the craziest year of school. BUT this hobby could even be workout classes AT the gym. Whatever it is, I want it to be something that involves me getting OUT of the house because I feel like I’m isolating myself too much. I study at home, my bf comes to my house, I go to school/work. And frankly it’s getting boring. I need more social interactions.
• Go out/spend time with my friends more- no particular amount of time needed on this one. Just more than I am doing now. Again, this is to not be so stuck in the house all the time! I’m young and want to get out more!
• Trust God/Have faith more- Spend time meditating (doesn’t have to be long, I’m trying to be realistic. It can start with 5 mins, whatever. I just want to give God a BIGGER place in my life. I have depended on him A LOT in the past year- because 2009 was a rough year for me- but I just want to have a more peaceful 2010. To me that will come from being positive, knowing that God is in control and refusing to limit my possibilities. So me and God are going to have daily meetings! ;-)
• Be kind to myself- I touched on this one earlier but I deserve to be happy. And if I am having trouble believing that, I will just BEHAVE my way to believing it! :-D I got a pedicure yesterday and it was FABULOUS! As a result, I’m scheduling a monthly Beauty day. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it doesn’t have to be my feet but it does have to be SCHEDULED, be special, and be JUST FOR Me! As often as possible, put some music on and dance or go running… anything to FEEL alive. Truly alive.
• Carpe Diem (seize the day) - This is not a Dress rehearsal so I am going to ride this thing(life) til the wheels fall off! Why not be AMAZING now! No more holding back to prevent whatever imaginary backlash I thought would happen! I am a pretty big deal. I may as well walk in my potential while I still have a chance to enjoy it!!!!
• Finally, the one I think you all were waiting for being that this IS a weight loss site! Eat clean more times than not.(I’m not promising to start eating wheat germ, yuck, or bee pollen LOL…) but I am going to choose more fruits and veggies over fried foods and packaged stuff. I am going to plan my meals, eat every 3 hours, and aim to reach my goal of 115 pounds in the FIRST half of THIS year! I am also going to keep a more detailed food journal. GO ME! I can do this. And… I will! [ I am going to do monthly challenges to be more specific on how I exactly plan to reach my goals!
Above anything, I want to CONTINUE getting better this year. Last year I accomplished a lot of my goals! And overall I am proud of how my body looks! I would go to the beach today if it was warm… but I do have more I can accomplish and I am R-E-A-D-Y to be the Beautiful Bombshell that I know I am on the inside! I also plan to write in my journal regularly to document my journey! Oh and maybe this is a little too much… but if I could motivate enough people to be a motivator this year…. THAT would be great too!
Here’s to an amazing year! Hello 2010, My name is Tiffani and I am ready to give you something to remember!!!! 2010: Live Beautifully!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
So as I collect my thoughts on what I want to make as goals for the new year, I am giving it much thought. I like to make goals that are achievable, keep me on track, and push me to reach my potential (and beyond)...
But I need more time! LOL :-)
So..... I will give you all a sneak peak at my motto for 2010: it is
Live Beautifully in 2010. (and no it doesn't rhyme... BUT I want to make this year about bettering myself as a whole, AND doing it while feeling beautiful (in mind, body & spirit) each day!!
So to all my fellow sparkies, Live Beautifully. You deserve it!
"the Beautiful Bombshell " ( LOL --- the other name I'm adopting for the new year
ETA: I forgot to tell you WHY I named this post Be Kind... lol. it's because my bf took me to get a pedicure today and it was FABULOUS! I mean she took like an hour and MAN oh MAN did she do a great job! I was going to give myself a home pedicure and he surprised me with a real one before I got a chance. My feet feel SO soft. So I decided, that once a month I'm going to do something NICE for myself and respect/ be kind to myself as I travel on this journey. I deserve some fun, love, relaxation, celebration NOW... not just when I reach the final goal. (plus... Lord willing I will be maintaining my final weight for a long time and I'm pretty sure I will want some nice treats when I'm at goal weight too!) So I may as well love myself while I'm getting there ( considering I will be the same me on the inside... even when my outside changes ! )
Get An Email Alert Each Time GONABFIT Posts