Friday, August 05, 2011
So I had my weigh-in on Wednesday and the scale said to me "You weigh 245.8 lbs". That represents 11.2 lbs lost since I started this journey back in February (with a couple of months of not following the plan thrown in). I've lost 7.2 lbs since moving to Portland 3 weeks ago. I am pleased with my progress thus far, although I'd like to be seeing more progress faster as everyone always does, but big changes take time. I'm really trying to focus on the small changes and goals at the moment.
My clothes are fitting better and aren't nearly as snug as they were a few months ago. I can also definitely tell a difference in the love handles - they seem to be shrinking. Eating Paleo is going well, although there have been a few meals where I've gone off the band wagon. Building healthy habits takes time and can be difficult.
Last week I posted my goals for August. Having settled into a new routine, I realize that I need to reevaluate some of them. Here are the core goals I am going to follow for August.
- 30 minutes of cardio daily. Goaling myself at 1 hour of cardio on 3 days of the week was a bit excessive, so I will strive to get 30 minutes a day. If I have the time and energy I will work past the 30 minutes, but I'm not holding myself accountable to anything over 30 minutes.
- Weight-train at least 2 days per week with emphasis on arms and upper body. This is important since most of my cardio is focused on the lower body.
- Weigh-in every Wednesday and discuss successes/failures via blog.
- Eat breakfast every morning before leaving the house. I have been really dedicated to this and can tell there's a change in my energy level. I used to hate breakfast, but now I look forward to my 2 eggs scrambled and apple/chicken ausage in the mornings.
- Eat Paleo 18 out of 21 meals a week. So far I'm doing pretty well with this.
I won't be logging my food in SparkPeople for a while because I feel like I have that aspect under control. I will be logging exercise to hold myself accountable and checking in with others on the SparkTeams pages.
I want to be at 236lbs by August 31. That would require a weight loss of approximately 2.5 lbs per week - very aggressive but we'll see how close I can get. I have a feeling that the changes I've made thus far are helping my sluggish metabolism and I'll see a weightloss burst at some point this month.