Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Oh what a difference a few weeks can make! I haven't been nearly as dedicated and focused as I set out to be a few months ago - but you know what - I've had lots of changes going on and things to think about. I won't dwell in the past because tomorrow is an opportunity and today is the day to get back on track!
I was approached by my boss in early June about an opportunity for growth within our company. Having had so many doors in my life come to a close all at once, I jumped on the opportunity to make a change and start fresh. So here I am - living in Portland, Oregon!
There are many great things about this move that I'm looking forward to, but I will outline a few of them that relate to my weight loss and fitness goals here:
- I now live in downtown Portland, OR - one of the best cities for pedestrian, biking, and public transportation. Leaving the car parked in the garage will allow me to be more active physically.
- I live 3 blocks from the office, which means I can not only walk to work, but also can walk home for lunch and even have impromptu workouts in the apartment's gym. No more long Atlanta commutes.
- The grocery store is an 8 block walk, and on Saturdays, there is a huge farmer's market just 4 blocks from my apartment.
- I have 24/7 access to the apartment gym. While not huge, it has some great equipment. There is also a gym at the office I have yet to check out. I plan on trying to get 2 workouts in daily - one focused on cardio and one on weight training.
- There are so many parks and walking trails here just waiting to be explored.
I do feel guilty that I have been away from my SparkFriends for so long and haven't been there to support them. I'm back now though and am more focused than ever on both myself and my fellow Sparker's journeys.
To all of my Atlanta SparkFriends - I'm not going anywhere even though I'm across the country. You all are such a great group and have been such a motivation I definitely want to keep ties!
Oh.. and I'm down almost 11lbs since I started my journey earlier this year and have lost 5lbs alone since I moved to Portland 2 weeks ago. Here's to getting it back in gear!