Finished up packing for a quick trip to NYC. Going to visit my brother along with my husband, sister and her husband. We are planning on doing an "extreme make-over". My brother has lived in a 3rd floor Manhattan walk-up for 7 years. When I visited last month, he seemed pretty down. After I got home I gave some thought to his situation and decided I wanted to do something for him that he wouldn't otherwise do.... so talked my sister into helping and we are going to paint and decorate his place. We are taking the red eye tonight leaving at 10:30pm (West Coast) and arriving 6:30am tomorrow (East Coast). We then have Fri, Sat, Sun to do the work and fly back home Mon. afternoon. I'll blog about how this turns out next week. In the meantime, I'll probably not get many action steps accomplished... but did make a little progress today.
78. Walk (3 mile Leslie Sansone DVD & 2 mile walk to the bank)
79. Page in strength training book (Machine Pull-downs ~ triceps)
80. List a few items on eBay (done... only 2 but something)
81. Finish packing for trip to NYC (done)
82. Vacuum (done)
83. Laundry / Ironing (done)
84. Dice / Freeze Tomatos
Worked today on a few projects and got in a 5 mile ocean walk before lunch. Got a call from the DH that we had a house showing while I was walking so fortunately the house was in okay shape. I plan to vacuum tomorrow so floors were so so. This is only the second showing since we listed our house two months ago. The market is still very soft here especially for upper end homes. Afterwards, I made a spinach quiche for lunch... let's just say it was too spinachy... I didn't care for it. I asked my DH after lunch if he would want to eat it again and he said "not particularly". I would have said NO so he was being politically correct. I went ahead and dumped the remainder which would have been enough for our dinner... but .... it wasn't worth it to be miserable about it. Oh well... a few flops are inevitable.
Watched Peyton this afternoon. I was thinking we would walk to the park but the weather cooled off considerably so we stayed home. We put together a Halloween puzzle and played a little Wii. It has been fun watching Peyton on Wednesdays after school (she's in 1st grade) and nice to have a little Grandma time with her.
Did okay with my action steps today ~
72. Use at least one item from freezer (spinach, waffle)
73. Walk (5 mile ocean circuit)
74. Photograph and list a few items on eBay (photographed 2 boxed of ornies)
75. Read page in strength training book (going to do it... honest)
76. Make Spinach Feta Quiche (Done ~ but didn't work for me)
77. Go to Park with granddaughter (Stayed home and played with Wii)
Another BEAUTIFUL day here on the North Oregon Coast. I didn't have a lot of time on my hands however to spend outside. Did 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning then after breakfast I worked on getting eBay items listed. I worked on it yesterday but the TurboLister software wouldn't work right. Didn't know if it had something to do with the virus purge from last week, but fortunately today it loaded and worked fine... problem must have been on the other end (whew!). Finished up a few chores and then went to lunch with my daughter and a friend from where I used to work. We went to my sister's restaurant in Astoria and it was packed. There were 2 cruise ships in town today so people everywhere. At least they had great weather to enjoy. In the afternoon I continued working on eBay stuff and also did a 5 mile walk with the Leslie Sansone DVD. Feeling good about the day.
64. Use at least one item from freezer (Done ~ Waffle, Hot Dog, Onion Soup)
65. Walk (Done ~ 5 mile Leslie Sansone DVD)
66. Read page in strength training book (Done ~ Wrist Curls / Reverse Curls)
67. Lunch with friend (Done ~ Nice outing)
68. Shred one box (Done ~ Dropped off at bank)
69. Packages prepared / to post office (Done ~ Thanks to SOTHISISMYLIFE)
70. Deliver gift (Done ~ Again thanks to my dear daugther (SOTHISISMYLIFE)
71. Get a few items listed on eBay (Done ~ Lots more to do with this project)
If you are interested in checking out the items I have for sale on eBay, here is a link.
Absolutely incredible weather here today on the Oregon coast. It typically doesn't get much warmer than high 70's but I would say today was low 80's and sunshine sunshine sunshine. This morning after I finished the ironing I did my 5 mile walk circuit. With such ideal weather conditions it was just a fabulous morning. The walking route starts at home, then going all the way to the turnaround (ocean) down to Avenue U, back to 12th avenue along the ocean front prom, then up 12th avenue all the way to Wahanna, down Wahanna to Broadway and up the hill to home. I used the fitness maps to determine mileage and that is a pretty nifty tool.
Did fairly good with action steps today. Wanted to get a bit more done with eBay sales but I did get some stuff photographed. Plan to watch the season premiere of House tonight so will most likely work a bit on the eBay project while I watch that program. Also used a few freezer items. I discussed with my daughter today just how fortunate I am to have this as a project. She heartily agreed. She recently went through a divorce and her freezer is empty. Even though I am out of work my DH is working and we have plenty of food on the table. I count my blessings on that front.
57. Use at least one item from freezer.
(Done ~ blueberries, tortilla, hamburger crumbles)
58. Walk (Done - Five mile ocean walk)
59. Read page in strength training book (Done - Preacher curls/Reverse Wrist)
60. Finish up Halloween decorating (Done - Kitchen looks cute)
61. Ironing (Done - we use cotton or linen napkins with every meal and that takes ironing! .... but I feel good about it as it helps the environment)
62. Prepare packages for mailing (Done)
63. Get a few items listed on ebay (Working on it!)
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I always love to get comments so please leave one. I have had a few people tell me they like the action steps and plan to start listing some actions also. The 1000 action step challenge has really helped me keep my focus on projects I need to work on... so I heartily recommend it. Stay tuned for more actions to come.
We moved to our new house four years and 1 month ago. When we moved, we bought new furniture, appliances and TV's. Well, the 42 inch plasma in the living room developed serious problems yesterday and unfortunately they weren't cured with a little time. The left side of the TV was either totally black or full of vertical colored lines. I have since found out that this isn't an uncommon problem. Well, I'm thinking maybe we can switch out the TV in the living room with the 42 inch plasma from the bedroom that we rarely use and replace the bedroom TV. That idea didn't fly. We ended up going to get a new 58 inch TV for the living room. The TV is currently up and running with the Giants/Cowboys football game on ~ a worthy program for breaking in the TV in style right along with the new Dallas football stadium. DH can hardly get the grin off his face. I'm wondering if he had anything to do with the problem? LOL... couldn't be (could it?)
Enought blabbering... on to the action steps for the day.
51. Use at least one item from freezer (Done ~ Chicken, berries, sausage)
52. Walk (Done ~ 4 mile Leslie Sansone DVD)
53. Read page in strength training book (Done - Machine Curls)
54. Pack up New York supplies - (Done - 2 suitcases full!)
55. Box up AZ supplies (Got this started)
56. Laundry (Done - Ironing will be on list for tomorrow)