Sunday, August 17, 2008
VERY HELPFUL INFO FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM MORE THAN ONE ILLNESS
Health Tip: Managing a Chronic Illness
8/15/2008 12:00:00 AM
(HealthDay News) -- Managing a chronic illness, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, may seem overwhelming.
Here are helpful suggestions for people with a chronic illness, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
* Take a look at your unhealthy behaviors, and choose one or several that you want to work on and improve.
* Come up with a specific plan and goals for dealing with each unhealthy behavior.
* Devise alternate plans to help you stick to your goals -- for example, how to handle weather that affects your exercise plans.
* Make sure your goals are realistic, and that you feel confident that you can reach them.
* Talk to your doctor about your goals, and discuss your progress.
I am working on all these. Dare to dream and over come all these road block in life I do just that with Gods help.
I dare to dream of overcoming Mr. EE (emotional eating) I do that and I work at each and every day.
I have asthma and nearly died with 12 years. God brought me back from the hands of death. Since I have taken Christ was savior those asthma attacks are all but gone.
Diabetes has nothing on me I am a fighter and I will crush it under my feet with each step/exercise I take with Gods help I can do all things.
Hypertension is no match for the power of God. By his wounds I am healed, I can recieve my healing now or I will be healed in heaven. I will take either one whatever his will is for me.
I dare not question Christ for my sufferings. For he said if I suffer for him I shall reign with him. I know and believe he is with me at all times. Even if my faith wavers.