Wednesday, June 18, 2008
water 11.5 glasses - 12 glasses
Cal range: 1200-1550 - 1,424
Carb range: 130-200 - 170
Fat 32-56: - 62
Pro range: 60-127 - 113
sodium range 0-2300 - 2,321 all most!
cardio 30 min.
strength training: 2 rep 2 sets - (core) V-Spread toe touch, Twisting Crunches, Pulse-ups, Obilque V-ups.
upper workout: 2 reps 2 sets Dumbbell flys, Dumbbell Chest Press, Upright Rows, incline Bicep Curl, Modified push ups 1 rep 10 sets.
Question: Pulling Sweet tooth / Decrease Cravings with these tips.
1. Find a substitute like fruits tea etc.
I am not big on chocolate anything. But when I want chocolate I eat Sugar free/low cal fudge pops, along with sugar free/fat free puddings, fruits, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free candies on occassion.
2. Wait out a craving--occupy yourself with something else.
Beck says cravings start to dimish the moment you decide you are absolutely not going to stray from your diet. They increase when you are indecisive about whether or not to eat.
3. Set daily goals and reward yourself for meeting them. Find a reward worth holding out for. I just found out I need to update my blog I have lost 5 pounds plus. So I have met my goal and I have already brought new clothes and shoes.
4. Recuit someone to do it with you.-- Clean out refrig of all bad food. I do not buy junk food. It is my hd that brings it in the house. He has a sweet tooth. Trying to get him not to eat sweets is like me trying to pull out his teeth with my hands. (((GIGGLES))). I have told him to take those sweets and put them in the truck of his car and lock it. I pick my battles and I don't bother his sweets. I can not drag him and keep myself too. He has to decide for himself. I personally do not want to become his food police and I don't want that from him either. Sometimes your advice falls on death ears...maybe they will come around for themselves.
Beck suggestions: removing yourself from the situation, do something else. Remove the temptation from your sight, If something you smell cooking remove yourself from it. I guess sometimes you can not remove yourself from anything. Other techniques occupy yourself with house cleaning, exercise, chewing gum works for me and drinking tea helps.
5. Put yourself in Good situations -- example eat before you grocery shopping.
Blog done it.
Posting by 2:00 est posting at 12:03 est.
I am glad I did this challenge it has helped to to be accountable to myself and the team, and my fellow beck team.