Friday, June 20, 2008
Water 11.5 glasses - 13 glasses
Cal range: 1200-1550 - 1,273
Carb range: 130-200 - 158
Fat 32-56 - 51
Pro range: 60-127 - 59
sodium range 0-2300 - 2212 Just under the radar!!!.
Cardio goal 30 min. did 90 min.
strength training: Core-- 2 sets and 2 sets: Bent Leg Knee Raise, Traditional crunch 50, Back extension, Long Arm Weighted crunch 2 sets 20 reps.
Upper workouts: 2 sets and 2 reps--- military press, close arm wall press. tricep kickback, bicep Curl.
Question: Why do we beat ourselves up? A look at self destructive thoughts. Well those days are a thing of the past for me. Since joining sp I have learned many things about myself. Positive and encouraging words can uplift you and help you to keep going. So as a man thinketh so is he--that goes for women too. I am fearfully and wondrously made. I am something special. Gods thinks so and so do I.
post before 2:00: posted 1:30
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
water 11.5 glasses - 12 glasses
Cal range: 1200-1550 - 1,424
Carb range: 130-200 - 170
Fat 32-56: - 62
Pro range: 60-127 - 113
sodium range 0-2300 - 2,321 all most!
cardio 30 min.
strength training: 2 rep 2 sets - (core) V-Spread toe touch, Twisting Crunches, Pulse-ups, Obilque V-ups.
upper workout: 2 reps 2 sets Dumbbell flys, Dumbbell Chest Press, Upright Rows, incline Bicep Curl, Modified push ups 1 rep 10 sets.
Question: Pulling Sweet tooth / Decrease Cravings with these tips.
1. Find a substitute like fruits tea etc.
I am not big on chocolate anything. But when I want chocolate I eat Sugar free/low cal fudge pops, along with sugar free/fat free puddings, fruits, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free candies on occassion.
2. Wait out a craving--occupy yourself with something else.
Beck says cravings start to dimish the moment you decide you are absolutely not going to stray from your diet. They increase when you are indecisive about whether or not to eat.
3. Set daily goals and reward yourself for meeting them. Find a reward worth holding out for. I just found out I need to update my blog I have lost 5 pounds plus. So I have met my goal and I have already brought new clothes and shoes.
4. Recuit someone to do it with you.-- Clean out refrig of all bad food. I do not buy junk food. It is my hd that brings it in the house. He has a sweet tooth. Trying to get him not to eat sweets is like me trying to pull out his teeth with my hands. (((GIGGLES))). I have told him to take those sweets and put them in the truck of his car and lock it. I pick my battles and I don't bother his sweets. I can not drag him and keep myself too. He has to decide for himself. I personally do not want to become his food police and I don't want that from him either. Sometimes your advice falls on death ears...maybe they will come around for themselves.
Beck suggestions: removing yourself from the situation, do something else. Remove the temptation from your sight, If something you smell cooking remove yourself from it. I guess sometimes you can not remove yourself from anything. Other techniques occupy yourself with house cleaning, exercise, chewing gum works for me and drinking tea helps.
5. Put yourself in Good situations -- example eat before you grocery shopping.
Blog done it.
Posting by 2:00 est posting at 12:03 est.
I am glad I did this challenge it has helped to to be accountable to myself and the team, and my fellow beck team.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
water 11.5 glasses - 12 glasses
Cal range: 1200-1550 - 1,577
Carb range: 130-200 - 108 a little low!
Fat 32-56: - 85
Pro range: 60-127 - 89
sodium range 0-2300 - 2,764
cardio 30 min. (sundays are usually off day for cardio but I decided to do it anyway.)
strength training: 2 rep 2 sets - (core) back extensions, dumbbell side bends, dumbbell crunches, and 50 crunches.
lower workout: 2 reps 2 sets lateral lunges with over head dumbbell presses, Lying adduction, Lying leg curls, Lying double leg raises.
Question: Manage yourself in no time. What is a time audit? Assessing how you spend your time with activities etc. or what activities take a BIG CHUNCK of your time.
Posting by 2:00 est posting at 10:37 est.
Today I am off little in my carbs and up in cal range, sodium and fat. I will try to pay better attention to my meal plans. Sundays are hard to get enough carbs sometimes. Most of my morning and mid evening is spent in worship services. I love Monday it is a time for reflection and continuing working on goals for the day/week. I am a work in progress. So I will go on each day. Yes Iove Mondays!! I can not forget the main source of my strength which is Christ. I am trusting him to get me thur this week just as he has been doing all along.
Get An Email Alert Each Time GODZDESIGN95 Posts