Saturday, August 27, 2011
Wed 8/24 Biggest Loser Challenge (BLC17) Training begins! Weighed in 1 lb more than I was.
30 minutes on the elliptical on Intermediate 1 Level.
Cleaned, went to pharmacy for Rx's, allergy shot appt., visit to public library
Thur 8/25 BLC 17 Training TNT Thursday 50/50/50-completed 50 push ups, 50 crunches & 50 squats! Cleaned, went to daughter's speech therapy appt., stopped at an orchard stand for fresh fruits, stopped @ Dunkin Donuts so the kids could use their coupons from the library summer reading program, prepared for my daughters friend to sleep over that night.
Fri 8/26 No elliptical workout like I wanted to do. Got my daughter's friend packed up to go home with her Mom, went to the grocery store for a few things, started making ice and put most of the items on the floor in the basement off the floor in preparation for the hurricane.
Sat 8/27 30 minutes on the elliptical, wrote down most of what I have eaten today (this is a start for me, since I am t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e at recording my food). This day has really gotten away from me. Anxiety about this storm is to blame I think. I made a lot of ice and we have snacks and canned items. Just hoping we don't lose power for an extended period of time. I hope I'll be able to post tomorrow!
This was not the beginning to the BLC17 Training that I had hoped for, but I'm going to try to do better this coming week. There has just been too much going on. My 8 year old starts 3rd grade on Monday (crossing fingers it won't be cancelled due to flooding from the storm) and the yearly schedule will be falling into place soon. I'm kind of looking forward to more of a schedule again.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
I just wanted to check in here quick to let my SP friends know that we are preparing for this hurricane and hoping for the least possible rain. We've had basement flooding issues in the past, so I spent a part of Friday afternoon moving things off of the floor or into plastic tubs. My husband has a water vac set up and another pump in case it gets too deep and can't keep up with it. My husband works for our township, so he may be out in the hurricane dealing with pump station issues, while I'm at home with my daughters dealing with basement issues. Only time will tell now.
I plan on trying to get on the elliptical some time tomorrow morning to release some stress and anxiety. If the winds are as bad as they say they may be, we may be without electricity for awhile. Again, only time will tell. I will keep my laptop battery charged for as long as I can so I can try to update on here. I planned on working out today, but too much going on. Just trying to take things little by little, as I'm anxious and my kids are a bit nervous too.
Prayers for all the areas that are in this hurricane's path, especially all of the people on the coast, near the beaches. This is a BIG storm with a lot of rain and wind.
Looking forward to this being over with and seeing the sunshine again
Thursday, July 28, 2011
1. When's the last time you ran? LOL! No idea!
2. Do your jeans have rips, tears, and holes in them? No
3. Would you bungee jump? Maybe. Most likely not though.
4. Do you own a pair of Converse? No.
5. Were you named after anyone? Yes.
7. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their eyes.
8. Do you like your handwriting? Yeah.
9. What do you do when you're sad? Go online and surf the internet.
10. Who would you call first if you won the lottery? My husband.
11. How do most people spell your name? The normal way
12. Would you survive in prison? No.
13. If all of your friends were going on a road trip, who would most likely over pack? Me.
14. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Probably.
with a different personality? Probably.
15. What song best describes your life right now? Toxic by Britney Spears (things are stressful here now with our kitchen being remodeled)
16. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed.
17. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Neither!
18. Do you have freckles? Some.
19. Who do you miss the most? My maternal grandfather.
20. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? Sometimes
21. What size is your bed? Queen
22. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Yeah.
23. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Dirty Dancing, Ghost, a couple others I cannot think of at the moment.
24. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Never.
25. Favorite smell? The beach/ocean
26. How many languages can you speak? one
27. Are you afraid of heights? a bit.
29. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Definitely
30. Can you swim well? I think so.
31. Favorite sport to watch? Ice Skating.
32. If you could make the sky any color what would it be? The color it is at sunset with oranges and purples.
33. What's your Zodiac Sign? Libra
34. How tall are you? 5'1
35. What's your favorite number? I really don't have one.
36. What's your favorite type of animal? Dogs
37. Do you have a special talent? I'm crafty.
38. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? Allergies
39. What are you listening to right now? The hum of the pool filter & crickets.
40. How many siblings do you have? 2
41. Are your parents married? Yes.
43. What are your hobbies? reading, watching TV/movies, browsing the internet. I used to cross stitch and scrapbook before I had kids. Would love to get back into that one day.
44. How often do you listen to music? Daily
45. What is your song of the month? N/A
46. What is your favorite color? That changes by my mood.
47. Favorite flower? Never thought about it.
48. QUICK THINK OF A NAME!!! Jim
49. Was the name that you just thought of someone you know? Yes.
6. Have you ever stayed online waiting for someone to get on? Yes.
28. Name a favorite past time memory? Going on a cruise.
42. If you were stuck on an island and could take one person who would it be? Jim
50. What is your full name? Lisa Marie
Thursday, July 28, 2011
So I stepped back on the elliptical for the first time since 6/27 on Monday, 7/25.....almost an entire month without stepping on the elliptical! I hope this never happens again because that workout really kicked my but, but I did it! I haven't been back on it since then, but I knew this week was going to be sticky because of the kitchen being remodeled.
Speaking of which, here are some pictures for you all:
This is the state of my kitchen right now:
This is the back wall in the kitchen and this part is an addition. My husband made
the little window which looks into the living room so we could let some natural light into our kitchen.
The cabinet doors will be installed tomorrow (Friday), the granite countertop on Saturday, the sink on Monday and the tile backsplash on Tuesday. The floor may be scheduled to be installed by the end of next week. We still need to find a stove and dishwasher, but we did find a model refrigerator that we like, we just need to order that. Will share more pictures when things are more complete.
Granite Countertop Sample
Flooring, cabinet Door & Granite Samples
Get An Email Alert Each Time GETFITNLEAN Posts