Thursday, February 16, 2012
I find it difficult to be really motivated to do exercise more than a little now and than. I found what others find motivating and have copied the most inspiring notations..
• What motivates me to exercise is to be in better shape. I love it when I can go longer on my workouts and it isn't so hard anymore. I love that I can run now for a mile and a half and I'm thinking, hey I could keep going. I just want to be in good shape, and of course look better!
219 lbs- Done 2-1-12
• -It's a number of things:
- Combined with healthy diet it keeps depression at bay so I can stay off medication
- Stress relief so I'm less of a monster at work
- It gives me a time to meditate - running just clears my mind of all the constant thinking and anxiety (the endless to do lists stop forming for a while!)
- Setting a goal and achieving it - last year was 10K race, this year it's half-marathon
- Being fit and healthy for when I'm ready to have kids
- Oh and okay I'll admit that wanting to look good (though in a slightly smaller package) plays a role-
• I am motivated by wanting to be around to see my children grow up. I am an older mom of two younger boys. I want to be healthy enough to enjoy them.
I am also motivated by the fact that I am healthy enough to exercise. After my mother went through cancer treatments, I realized that not everybody *can* exercise. I am lucky enough that I can!
• I can stay motivated by the fact that I am always cold and know when I start moving and working out.... it's gonna warm me right up!!!
• It's a matter of challenging myself right now. I have conversations with myself every day as to whether I should take a day off from the gym/exercise. Then I realize how much stronger I feel and more energy I have these days. It's a great feeling that I don't want to loose. I also notice my legs toning up and my arms "starting" to trim down which I think is due to adding strength to my routine
• It helps my peace of mind, it's like taking a mental shower while power walking around a lake or a forest. I smell the green, listen to the silence, look at the skies, feel the gentle wind, watch the birds and the lights of the sun. These days the sky was full of puffy clouds, after the rain. It was spectacular. When the dark came last evening, there was a wonderful sky, full of stars and between them some wild clouds...majestic!
• I want to be healthy and active for as long as I possibly can. I'm 68 and enjoy travelling with my husband. When we go on vacation, I want to be able to do a lot of walking, climbing, swimming.
• Seeing myself in the mirror.
• The unbelievable energy I have when I work out at least 2-3 times a week. Fitting into clothes better helps a lot too !
• I've also been able to drag my husband to the gym with me on Saturday mornings. If only eating well was so "easy".
• I work out twice a day, and every day it gets easier to actually move... I am able to do things I have not been able to in years. It just feels great.
• feeling healthy, happy, and strong afterwards
• My dog. And my camera. I got a small dog because I knew I'd make myself get up and out for her and it's working. I also was gifted a digital camera when my brother and his wife were given a new one. I take pictures of all my walks and then bring them home to show my invalid mom who is unable to get out and about any more. I am her caretaker now. I take pics from an artist's point of view which just means I take some really weird shots but mom seems to get as much enjoyment from seeing the photos (and my different perspective) as I do taking them. In terms of motivation these two things really make the difference for me.
• When I look in the mirror and am unhappy with what I see.