Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Well I have been kinda out of the game so to speak for quite a while now, since about christmas actually. So almost 6 months now. It's been a long time but I am getting back in there and starting strong.
Today, I made a great first step towards my goals. I walked to work. I have been meaning to start walking sine I started the job in January and kept putting it off because it was cold and snowy. But that excuse has long since past. Even as the weather warmed I just didn't start walking. It's only a 5 min drive or a 20 min walk, and that's walking slowly too. So today I got up and decided no more procrastinating and being lazy and I realized just how out of shape I really am. Walking to work gets me out of breath, not crazy where I can't talk but noticeably out of breath. So once it gets easier, I'm going to start taking the stairs in my building too. Small steps right? lol
I have also made a new grocery list. All things that will make it easier to eat healthier and also to cook more meals at home. Eating out is always a challenge for me. Until I go shopping, and even afterwards, I won't be placing too much importance on eating healthy. I'm just trying to make small improvements and stop eating out. I'll really buckle down on it more as I do better. Again, small steps! I'll be going shopping tomorrow, I have the day off ^_^
I'm proud of these few small steps I have taken in the right direction. It's a start and I know I can do this!!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Week Three (June 15-21st)
15) Post how you will reward yourself when you hit your next mini-goal. I will be getting some new things for my kitchen, like some nice storage containers and other small things.
16) Post one way you will have fun today. I'm going dancing tonight!
17) Post one way a teammate has brightened your day before. comments on my blogs and pictures
18) Post one healthy activity or interest you had when you were younger that you really enjoyed. (Why not commit to incorporating that happiness in your life again today?) Swimming, I have been trying to incorporate it into my life a bit more but life is kinda hectic so its a work in progress lol.
19) Post one weight loss compliment that someone said to you that meant a lot to you. (Newbies, you might not be getting compliments yet – read about the great things to come! And post what you WISH someone will say soon!)
20) Post one new positive habit that you’ve developed recently. Ièm eating at home more and fast food less often.
21) Post one way you have spread the Spark. I have referred 5 members in total over the last year.
Points: 150 pts
2. Fitness Challenge: New You Bootcamp!
25 LIVE IT Points a Day, and a 100 point Bonus for not missing a day!
3. H20 Challenge: 10 cups a day will earn you 25 points a day!
12 cups a day will earn you 50 points a day!
Wednesday: 25 pts
Points: 175 pts
4. Daily Challenge:
Wednesday: 50 pts
Points: 50 pts
Month~long Challenge Points:
Fitness Challenge Points:
Daily Challenge Points:
If you look back to week 1 where the monthly questions are listed. You will see question 29 mentions the “Vision Collage”.
We had a challenge once already to create a Vision Collage, and it was a lot of FUN!
Well we are going to do it again! If you have created one already, you can create a more specific one this time.
IE: If you are, at or near your goal weight you can create a “Maintenance Collage”
Here is a link to more ideas!
Create a Vision Collage and upload a PIC of it into a Blog by June 30th for 500 points!
The points will be awarded in the last (short) week of this month. So get started today!
These points could make or break your Final LIVE POINTS score for the Grand Prize!
(Most of all just have FUN with it!)
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Jubilant June Challenge Week Two!
1. Month long challenge: How have you been enjoying this challenge so far? We have gotten some really awesome responses! Keep up the great work!
This section is a "Daily", Month long challenge: These can be posted as your status, on the discussion board or as a blog! Just list here where it is so we don't miss it!)
25 points a day!
8) Post one healthy nutrition or exercise challenge you are committed to accomplishing today. Drinking all my water and some extra
9) Post a compliment about yourself.
10) Post one good thing that happened to you today.
11) Post one way that you are a good friend to YOURSELF. Well I do take care of myself well, other than my eating habits of course lol, that still needs a lot of work
12) Post one way that you are a good friend to others. I am empathetic
13) Post one way you practice banishing negative self-talk. I don't, I'm horrible with the negative talk. This is one my main obstacles, my own mind.
14) Post by finishing this sentence: For 15 minutes today, I will enjoy _______________.
Points: 100 pts
2. Fitness Challenge:
Pick one Spark Video to do every day this week!
For each day that you do, you will earn 25 points!
*Bonus* 100 Bonus points for doing one all 7 days!
3. Staying Connected Challenge: Here on Sparkpeople the thing that makes this site work so well is the PEOPLE! So this week I want you to read and comment on as many blogs as you can, give away as many Goodies as possible (with encouraging msgs!), stop and leave as many Joyful words on your Spark~friends pages as you can! Let’s work on building up our Spark~friends, so they too can have a Jubilant June!
(They DO NOT have to be on our team to count!)
But, you must be communicating joy, satisfaction, and triumph, and rejoicing in something they accomplished! Earn 10 Points per comment left!
Sunday: 20 pts
Points Earned: 20 pts
4. Daily Challenge
WORTH 500 Live it Points!
Watch the movie “Supersize Me” with your family, then Blog about it!
(If your family has already seen it, just Blog on your thoughts)
Month~long Challenge Points: 100
Fitness Challenge Points:
Staying Connected Challenge: 20
Daily Challenge Points:
*Bonus* Challenge Points:
Total Week 2 Points: 120 pts
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Ok, so here is Week 1 of one of my spark team's June challenge, I will update it each day and repost it at the end of the week.
I haven't been on spark much since before Christmas so I will be making an effort to be on here and updating EVERY day this month ^_^
I’m also still a bit confused on the points so I will be figuring that all out later lol.
Jubilant June Challenge!
This section is a Month long challenge: These can be posted as your status, on the discussion board or as a blog! Just list here where it is so we don't miss it!)
1)Post something you like about your physical characteristics. I like my curly hair ^_^ I used to hate it and always want it straight but I’ve grown to like my curly and untameable hair!
2) Post one tip on how you stay positive. This is something I struggle with but I have been trying to set my goals lower this time so I have lots of room for the struggle and to still achieve my goals.
3) Post one thing you are grateful for today. I am grateful for my family and friends, without them this struggle to lose weight would be impossible and not worth the effort.
4) Post it in five words – share something positive, inspirational, encouraging, wise or uplifting.
5) Post one way your Spark journey has spilled over into a non-food/exercise area of your life.
6) Post something that made you smile today. My friend Nick made me smile today, he always does ^_^
7) Post one thing to be happy about today. I am happy that it getting to be summer, though it’s a bit hotter today than I would like lol.
2) Blog Challenge:
For 100 Live it Points this week; write a blog telling us exactly what a “Live It” means to you.
3. Exercise Challenge:
10 Live It Points for every mile walked, swam, biked, jogged etc.
Also, 10 Live It Points for every 15 minutes of strength training!
4. 25 Live It Points for every NEW Spark recipe you try this week, and comment about in the discussion forum!
Get An Email Alert Each Time FOXYROXY13 Posts