Monday, February 25, 2013
I can hardly believe that its almost March!
I have been working dilegently towards my goals, unfortunatly my weight hasn't seemed to want to move much lately. I know that I am doing things correctly and I take solace in the fact that I know my body is changing and I am getting stronger. And I see growth in me because the old me would have given up by now and said it wasn't worth the hard work. The new me is saying, just stick with it you will see the results you are looking for soon.
The hardest part sometimes, is being in a weight loss group like TOPS, the scale is how things are measured whether you are doing good or not. I am learning to not let the scale define how well I am doing. I am now looking at my healthy eating, my exercise and my water consumption as whether or not I am doing good.
Right now I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred dvd. Its a hard workout, but I am loving how it is making me feel. Just in 3 days, I feel like I can feel my body changing and gaining muscle. And the first day I thought I was going to die, but each day it has been getting a little easier.
Other news of my life.......
My son is looking to sign up with the Airforce this week. He goes to do his testing this week and then decides if he will sign up. He won't leave for bootcamp until after he graduates high school and actually we are hoping he doesn't leave until September so we can have the summer with him.
And today we have a French exchange student coming to stay with us for 3 weeks. We have hosted MANY Japanese students, but this will be our first French student. He will be shadowing my son at school during the day.
All in all, been a good year so far. I am looking forward to what the rest of the year has to offer.
Monday, December 31, 2012
My goals for 2013:
1. Continue to eat healthy…..for me that means limiting white sugars and white flours and staying within a good calorie range.
2. Continue to make exercise a priority
3. Work on getting debts paid off this year (we have a great plan in place….just have to see it throughthis year)
4. Work on my self image……I would like to get to a point that I am happy with the way I was made and not compare myself to others which leads me to unhappiness
5. I would like to lose at least 30 pounds this next year.
6. I would like to participate in at least 5 events this year, so far I have 4 lined up…….March with my cousin in a St. Patricks Day event, June will be a half marathon with a friend, August is Portland to Coast and December is the Reindeer Run. I just need to find one more.
7. I would like to continue growing closer to God in my prayer and reading my bible and possibly find a church family.
8. Finish at least one of my many projects that I have started but havent finished.
Get An Email Alert Each Time FLUTTERBY4JC Posts