Sunday, June 05, 2011
The UV Project: 6/1- 6/5
(report back Monday 6/6)
THIS IS YOUR SUMMER!!!!!!!
What can you do? If you canít see yourself (insert exercise here) every day, you shouldnít be doing it to lose weight in the first place.
Get out and mooooove:
What do you love to do for cardio? Get out and move a little each day, and do some serious cardio at least twice. How many minutes/what was the intensity for the past 5 days? (keep track for next week!)
M: bodystep 60
T: run 60
w: run 30
T: yoga 40
F: bodystep 60
S: run 60
S: run, bike, ST 80
380 cardio min
Work your muscles:
Lower Body/Upper body/Core or a mix- Try to fit in 2 days of ST before Monday and tell us about it. (keep track of reps/weight for next week)
I don't know why I can't fit in ST. I'm doing lots of push-ups and other moves with my own body weight, but nothing serious with free weights. I thought this challenge would make me. Fail for week 1. will do better next week.
If youíve never tracked a bite of food, itís time to start! It doesnít need to be perfect but losing weight is a science. Tracking food (whether you go over or not) is vital to getting fit and healthy.
I don't track. It makes me cray-cray!!! I go with mindful eating/ intuitive eating. whatever you want to call it. Thsi week I focused on freggies. 8-10 a day was my goal. easy as pie!
Drink it! It hydrates you, curbs hunger, and makes your skin look fabulous! Have trouble remembering? Buy a 32 ouncer (Nalgene, Camelbak, etc) and fill, drink, repeat. Congrats on drinking 8 glasses!
Get at least 15-30 minutes of sun exposure 2-4 times this week. Vitamin D is essential for those healthy bones we are building (wear at least SPF 15) Reduce stress and enhance your mood with a 30 minute walk in your neighborhood!
Ran outside 3 times. Friday was spent outdoors on a fieldtrip with my Kindergarteners. A farm where they got to hold lots of baby animals. The city kids had a blast!
Read a fitness article!
Monday, May 30, 2011
Every Day - 1 Challenge... ready? Yes I am! I made big goals for April, but didn't change my routine until the last week. Time to actually DO more. Can't keep thinking about it. Nike was right. Just do it.
May was a great month for me. health and fitness galore. I didn't blog everyday about this, just kinda edited as I went along.
Yoovie said: I did.
4. Do something that makes you feel strong: Ran 4.5 miles today. PR!!!!
5. Do something that makes you feel free: used 5 lb on ST instead of 3s strong=free?
6. Do something that makes you smell really bad: Bodystep at 6am. I was drenched by the end
7. Do something that makes you think hard about your goals: I ran today without my husband. He usually pushes the double stroller. not an easy task! I made a mental list of all the reasons I am pushing myself as I pushed that beast around the neighborhood. Keeping my goals in the front of my mind and heart.
8. Do more than you think you can handle: 4 mile run with the family. Perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day. AND I went to Bodystep.
9. Do something to release excess tension/stress/anger: Family bike ride on my rest day. This will be followed by guilt free red wine. And I scheduled a Thai massage, nice Mother's Day gift! Just thinking about it releases some stress
10. Do something you can brag about later: I ran 2 miles in 88 degree HUMID heat. People out on little walks were stopping and staring. no joke. I felt like a badas$. And then when I got home I ran up and down the big hill around the corner. 3 times. Because I told a sparkbuddy I would. Oh, and then i went and did 100 push-ups, 100 tricep dips, 100 second planks, bicycle crunches.
11. Do something right for all the wrong reasons. I bought some uber sexy stuff to wear and used that as motivation today during the workout. but is that really for the wrong reasons??!
12. Workout at a different time than usual: I had a meeting after work and got home way later than I'd like. I still did a 30 min ST dvd. woo-ha!
13. Do something that makes you feel like a gladiator:agreed to Bodystep training in fall. crazzel!!!
14. Work on your core. OK. done. side planks with twists
15. Surprise yourself. I signed up for a Warrior Dash with gym friends. I don't think other people in my life would expect me to do that. I love that my gym rats know I can!
17. Break a personal record. 6 mile run! hoo-rah!!!
18. Workout first thing in the morning. fail. I go the gym at 6am twice a week. too bad the 18th didn't land on one of those days. I did go for a run after work and did lots of 100s. just not at sunrise.
19. Add 15 minutes: I was going to take a rest day today. I wanted to plop on the couch and drink wine. That would not be very Proving grounds-ish of me so I went for a walk and came home and spent about 20 min doing some of my own ST stuff. It wasn't the most intense workout or anything, but it was 15 minutes + some more than 0.
20. Workout your lower body: lunges, lunges and then some more lunges
21. Do something that makes you feel sexy or beautiful: I ran in the rain this morning before we left for an out of town wedding. I saw no one. No other people out. It was incredibly peaceful and beautiful. Then I work a size 6 dress to the wedding and monster heels. Sexy!
22. GO HARD OR GO HOME. After a long night out and a longer drive home, I ran again. I'm an addict.
23. REST: Thank you
24. Break a personal record: Plank on hands: 2 min 21 seconds. booya!!
25. STRETCH longer than normal: done and I actually likes it
26. Mid-Week super killer cardio day! went to Bodystep on a day that i usually don't go. Fun to see different people in a class.
27. Practice your balance: airplane poses in a hotel room on vacation.
28. Pushups: I went to a spin class with my best friend on the day of her wedding. rockstars! We had to get to the class early to sign up for a bike, we had plenty of time for some ST. I even tried tricep push-ups on my toes. I can do 3. yikes.
29. Obliterate your brick wall: rest day, oh wrll, it happens
30. Enjoy the holiday: I did a little too much enjoying over the weekend. food and booze. I needed some major burn today, not rest. I went to bodystep AND just got home from a 5 mile run. I am ready for summer!
31. Make a JUNE plan: Keep the momentum. Healthy and thoughtful choices everyday. Mindful eating. Be present.
Here's my cheesy little tribute to Oprah: I am living my best life right now.
Happy Summer Sparklers!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
I am easily tricked by gimmicks: kitchen gadgets, cleaning gizmos, workout gear. I've been hearing lots and reading a little about foam rollers. Are they worth the hype? What's your favorite way to use it?
But, seriously, have you seen the infomercial for the Sham wow?? That thing looks incredible.
Get An Email Alert Each Time FITFOODIE806 Posts