Monday, May 30, 2011
Every Day - 1 Challenge... ready? Yes I am! I made big goals for April, but didn't change my routine until the last week. Time to actually DO more. Can't keep thinking about it. Nike was right. Just do it.
May was a great month for me. health and fitness galore. I didn't blog everyday about this, just kinda edited as I went along.
Yoovie said: I did.
4. Do something that makes you feel strong: Ran 4.5 miles today. PR!!!!
5. Do something that makes you feel free: used 5 lb on ST instead of 3s strong=free?
6. Do something that makes you smell really bad: Bodystep at 6am. I was drenched by the end
7. Do something that makes you think hard about your goals: I ran today without my husband. He usually pushes the double stroller. not an easy task! I made a mental list of all the reasons I am pushing myself as I pushed that beast around the neighborhood. Keeping my goals in the front of my mind and heart.
8. Do more than you think you can handle: 4 mile run with the family. Perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day. AND I went to Bodystep.
9. Do something to release excess tension/stress/anger: Family bike ride on my rest day. This will be followed by guilt free red wine. And I scheduled a Thai massage, nice Mother's Day gift! Just thinking about it releases some stress
10. Do something you can brag about later: I ran 2 miles in 88 degree HUMID heat. People out on little walks were stopping and staring. no joke. I felt like a badas$. And then when I got home I ran up and down the big hill around the corner. 3 times. Because I told a sparkbuddy I would. Oh, and then i went and did 100 push-ups, 100 tricep dips, 100 second planks, bicycle crunches.
11. Do something right for all the wrong reasons. I bought some uber sexy stuff to wear and used that as motivation today during the workout. but is that really for the wrong reasons??!
12. Workout at a different time than usual: I had a meeting after work and got home way later than I'd like. I still did a 30 min ST dvd. woo-ha!
13. Do something that makes you feel like a gladiator:agreed to Bodystep training in fall. crazzel!!!
14. Work on your core. OK. done. side planks with twists
15. Surprise yourself. I signed up for a Warrior Dash with gym friends. I don't think other people in my life would expect me to do that. I love that my gym rats know I can!
17. Break a personal record. 6 mile run! hoo-rah!!!
18. Workout first thing in the morning. fail. I go the gym at 6am twice a week. too bad the 18th didn't land on one of those days. I did go for a run after work and did lots of 100s. just not at sunrise.
19. Add 15 minutes: I was going to take a rest day today. I wanted to plop on the couch and drink wine. That would not be very Proving grounds-ish of me so I went for a walk and came home and spent about 20 min doing some of my own ST stuff. It wasn't the most intense workout or anything, but it was 15 minutes + some more than 0.
20. Workout your lower body: lunges, lunges and then some more lunges
21. Do something that makes you feel sexy or beautiful: I ran in the rain this morning before we left for an out of town wedding. I saw no one. No other people out. It was incredibly peaceful and beautiful. Then I work a size 6 dress to the wedding and monster heels. Sexy!
22. GO HARD OR GO HOME. After a long night out and a longer drive home, I ran again. I'm an addict.
23. REST: Thank you
24. Break a personal record: Plank on hands: 2 min 21 seconds. booya!!
25. STRETCH longer than normal: done and I actually likes it
26. Mid-Week super killer cardio day! went to Bodystep on a day that i usually don't go. Fun to see different people in a class.
27. Practice your balance: airplane poses in a hotel room on vacation.
28. Pushups: I went to a spin class with my best friend on the day of her wedding. rockstars! We had to get to the class early to sign up for a bike, we had plenty of time for some ST. I even tried tricep push-ups on my toes. I can do 3. yikes.
29. Obliterate your brick wall: rest day, oh wrll, it happens
30. Enjoy the holiday: I did a little too much enjoying over the weekend. food and booze. I needed some major burn today, not rest. I went to bodystep AND just got home from a 5 mile run. I am ready for summer!
31. Make a JUNE plan: Keep the momentum. Healthy and thoughtful choices everyday. Mindful eating. Be present.
Here's my cheesy little tribute to Oprah: I am living my best life right now.
Happy Summer Sparklers!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
I am easily tricked by gimmicks: kitchen gadgets, cleaning gizmos, workout gear. I've been hearing lots and reading a little about foam rollers. Are they worth the hype? What's your favorite way to use it?
But, seriously, have you seen the infomercial for the Sham wow?? That thing looks incredible.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Yoovie had popular blog posts daily. I was one of the thousands on spark that loved her. I am sad. I am upset. I am surprised by how much this drama from one internet site/community has gotten to me. I guess that speaks to how much sparkpeople means to me.
I've been on and off since Feb 08. This past Feb I found her through the Daily Spark. It happened to be the day before she started B2W. I joined. I did the challenges. It changed my life. seriously. Because of Yoovie, I feel in love with spark. Reading her blogs everyday at lunch was always a highlight of my day. the pics, the attitude, the not your average complaining boring story. She makes you want to work harder and have more fun doing it. Pretty good motivator, I'd say. Because of her and the other friends I made on the challenge, I joined other teams and challenges. (Go Warriors!) Yoovie has been a major part of my spark journey.
I know that she chose to close her page. I get it. Spark should not think they did not have a part in this. She was bullied into leaving. The constant reprimands for petty complaints would drive anyone away. It saddens me to know that the few whiners won. She made it very clear: if you don't approve of her lifestyle, stop reading her blog! that simple.
So I know this wasn't all about the ab pic. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. But, I'm going to talk about the underboob anyway. There was no nipple showing. so what's the big deal? How is it different than any bikini shot? Provocative? yes. Inappropriate? No. There's a difference. And that was Yoovie. She was provocative and many of us loved her for it.
This is the internet people!!! What do they expect? Watch a commercial, a music video, pop culture shows like Glee and American Idol.
Here's to the positive. Yoovie is truly something special and I hope her star rises. Some publisher needs to take her on. now. I hope she's reading all of this. I hope she sees how many people have come together. I have already made new spark friends.
Remember, "ain't nobody gonna hold me down. oh no! I got to keep on moving." I am gonna get out there and push it today. I'm gonna do something right for all the wrong reasons.
Get An Email Alert Each Time FITFOODIE806 Posts