Friday, May 13, 2011
Yoovie had popular blog posts daily. I was one of the thousands on spark that loved her. I am sad. I am upset. I am surprised by how much this drama from one internet site/community has gotten to me. I guess that speaks to how much sparkpeople means to me.
I've been on and off since Feb 08. This past Feb I found her through the Daily Spark. It happened to be the day before she started B2W. I joined. I did the challenges. It changed my life. seriously. Because of Yoovie, I feel in love with spark. Reading her blogs everyday at lunch was always a highlight of my day. the pics, the attitude, the not your average complaining boring story. She makes you want to work harder and have more fun doing it. Pretty good motivator, I'd say. Because of her and the other friends I made on the challenge, I joined other teams and challenges. (Go Warriors!) Yoovie has been a major part of my spark journey.
I know that she chose to close her page. I get it. Spark should not think they did not have a part in this. She was bullied into leaving. The constant reprimands for petty complaints would drive anyone away. It saddens me to know that the few whiners won. She made it very clear: if you don't approve of her lifestyle, stop reading her blog! that simple.
So I know this wasn't all about the ab pic. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. But, I'm going to talk about the underboob anyway. There was no nipple showing. so what's the big deal? How is it different than any bikini shot? Provocative? yes. Inappropriate? No. There's a difference. And that was Yoovie. She was provocative and many of us loved her for it.
This is the internet people!!! What do they expect? Watch a commercial, a music video, pop culture shows like Glee and American Idol.
Here's to the positive. Yoovie is truly something special and I hope her star rises. Some publisher needs to take her on. now. I hope she's reading all of this. I hope she sees how many people have come together. I have already made new spark friends.
Remember, "ain't nobody gonna hold me down. oh no! I got to keep on moving." I am gonna get out there and push it today. I'm gonna do something right for all the wrong reasons.
Thursday, May 05, 2011
My favorite little boy is 6 months today. Insert every cliche about how fast time goes here.
I went back and read my 3 month pp blog. Here's the info:
"As for me... pre-pregnancy weight was 165-168. At 39 weeks I was 206 and I was so horrified that I didn't look at the scale again. DS was born 40 weeks and 5 days. Who knows what my highest weight actually was. ahhh!!! After the first month, I was suck at 188 so that is why I choose that number for my weight loss ticker thingy.
I'm 171 today, which is good. I've worked really hard and lost lots of pounds and inches. I still have a long way to go, but I want to stay positive. I never got back to my pre-pregnancy weight (155-158) after DD. "
This morning I was 156.6 woot! woot! So, not only am I at pre-preggo weight within 6 months. I'm also at pre-1st-preggo weight!! Did ya follow that?!? The last time I saw 156 on the scale was in March 2008. My original goal was 155, but I changed it to 150. Now, I think I may go further. I am accomplishing my goal of becoming a runner. It is freeing and incredible and I am so proud and feel great and yadda yadda yadda more! My dad is a marathon runner and I have always had that dream tucked way back in the cobwebs of my head. For the first time, I feel like it is a real possibility. A new long term goal, if you will. I called him last night to tell him about my run and I felt like a little kid showing a parent a good grade. I was proud. He was proud. It makes me choke up a little.
Cheers to another happy and healthy 6 months!
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Every Day - 1 Challenge... ready? Yes I am! I made big goals for April, but didn't change my routine until the last week. Time to actually DO more. Can't keep thinking about it. Nike was right.
4. Do something that makes you feel strong: Ran 4.5 miles today. PR!!!!
5. Do something that makes you feel free: used 5 lb on ST instead of 3s strong=free?
6. Do something that makes you smell really bad: Bodystep at 6am. I was drenched by the end
7. Do something that makes you think hard about your goals: I ran today without my husband. He usually pushes the double stroller. not an easy task! I made a mental list of all the reasons I am pushing myself as I pushed that beast around the neighborhood. Keeping my goals in the front of my mind and heart.
8. Do more than you think you can handle: 4 mile run with the family. Perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day. AND I went to Bodystep.
9. Do something to release excess tension/stress/anger: Family bike ride on my rest day. This will be followed by guilt free red wine. And I scheduled a Thai massage, nice Mother's Day gift! Just thinking about it releases some stress
10. Do something you can brag about later: I ran 2 miles in 88 degree HUMID heat. People out on little walks were stopping and staring. no joke. I felt like a badas$. And then when I got home I ran up and down the big hill around the corner. 3 times. Because I told a sparkbuddy I would. Oh, and then i went and did 100 push-ups, 100 tricep dips, 100 second planks, bicycle crunches.
11. Do something right for all the wrong reasons. I bought some uber sexy stuff to wear and used that as motivation today during the workout. but is that really for the wrong reasons??!
12. Workout at a different time than usual: I had a meeting after work and got home way later than I'd like. I still did a 30 min ST dvd. woo-ha!
13. Do something that makes you feel like a gladiator:agreed to Bodystep training in fall. crazzel!!!
14. Work on your core. OK. done. side planks with twists
15. Surprise yourself. I signed up for a Warrior Dash with gym friends. I don't think other people in my life would expect me to do that. I love that my gym rats know I can!
17. Break a personal record. 6 mile run! hoo-rah!!!
18. Workout first thing in the morning. fail. I go the gym at 6am twice a week. too bad the 18th didn't land on one of those days. I did go for a run after work and did lots of 100s. just not at sunrise.
19. Add 15 minutes: I was going to take a rest day today. I wanted to plop on the couch and drink wine. That would not be very Proving grounds-ish of me so I went for a walk and came home and spent about 20 min doing some of my own ST stuff. It wasn't the most intense workout or anything, but it was 15 minutes + some more than 0.
20. Workout your lower body: lunges, lunges and then some more lunges
21. Do something that makes you feel sexy or beautiful: I ran in the rain this morning before we left for an out of town wedding. I saw no one. No other people out. It was incredibly peaceful and beautiful. Then I work a size 6 dress to the wedding and monster heels. Sexy!
22. GO HARD OR GO HOME. After a long night out and a longer drive home, I ran again. I'm an addict.
23. REST: Thank you
24. Break a personal record: Plank on hands: 2 min 21 seconds. booya!!
25. STRETCH longer than normal.
26. Mid-Week super killer cardio day!
27. Practice your balance.
29. Obliterate your brick wall.
30. Enjoy the holiday.
31. Make a JUNE plan
Get An Email Alert Each Time FITFOODIE806 Posts