Sunday, August 21, 2011
23:00 - 02:00 (had a two hours nap in the afternoon, hehe)
- pre-fast meal (sahur) = 1 cup of white rice, 1 cup of Serunding Ayam (shredded chicken that fried with spices till it get dry), 200 ml Nestle Bliss 0% Fat Yogurt Drink (kiwi-apple flavour)
- post-fast meal = 3 dates, 5 slices of mango, 1 cup of white rice, a half bowl of stir-fry cabbage, grilled fish with some sort of sauce, 1 cup of hot tea
- pre-sleep snack = 1 cup of hot tea, one third of a chocolate doughnut, one third of unknow flavour doughnut (sort of like a crumbled doughnut, hehe)
- water = 600 ml (pre-fast) + 1400 ml (post-fast)
- REST DAY!!!
There weren't much activities on Day #20, I guess I was sort of lazying around. Though, I did iron 14 pieces of clothes (I said pieces coz there are different type, hehe) and as usual, cleaning out my cat's cage (a daily job, hehe) so not a 100% lazy day. But still can call it a rest day from any kind of workout which I think I deserved it after 6 days non-stop total-10-min-and-more workouts - a girl needs a rest day weekly to regroup the muscles, haha.
Dad was away for a business trip and he bought doughnuts in a hotel where he stayed (got half price when you bought the doughnuts after 6pm) and three of us - parents and I - shared those two doughnuts). It's been ages since I've eaten not homemade doughnuts and the kinds that so sweet so eating these doughnuts gave me mixed feelings - oh, so heavenly foord and I wonder how much calories that I have to worry on next day, hehe.
Planned to go to a Qiamullail in nearby Masjid with my parents on very early morning Day #21 - the perk of living with my parents is I can go to Masjid with chaperons instead of going alone and afraid of Fitnah/nasty gossip). So, had just mere hours of sleep but that's fine with me as I was so fidgety of excitement and maybe it's a Lailatul Qadar night!
Saturday, August 20, 2011
23:00 - 0420 (so hard to wake up, uhuh)
- pre-fast meal (sahur) = 1 bowl of Nestle Fitnesse Honey & almond cereal (crispy whole-wheat flakes covered in honey with toasted almond slices, yum!), 200 ml Nestle Bliss 0% Fat Yogurt Drink (kiwi-apple flavour), 1 glass of Rx Young Fountain of Youth
- post-fast meal = 3 dates, 1 cup of white rice, a half bowl of stir-fry cabbage, 1 poached egg, 1 tiny fried chicken (a nearly forgotten chicken in the freezer!)
- pre-sleep snack = 1 cup of hot tea, 6 prawn currypuffs
- water = 600 ml (pre-fast) + 1400 ml (post-fast)
- mid-morning = 12-min doing upper & core exercises, 2 sets of 10s Modified Pushups, 2 sets of 10s Wall Pushups, 4 sets of 5s Staggered Pushups, 2 sets of 10s Crunches With Twist, 2 sets of 10s Modified Plank, 4-min stretches
- noon = 10-min, another upper & core session, 2 sets of 10s Modified Pushups, 2 sets of 10s Staggered Pushups, 2 sets of 10s Double Crunches, 2 sets of 10s Lying Straight Leg Raises, 1 set of 10s, Swimming, 1 set of 10s Modified Plank, 1 set of 10s Swan Prep
Quite fun to mix various exercises and at same time, sneaking in these short workout sessions throughout the day while anxiously waiting for someone to barge into the room, hehe.
Think I might start to get feverish, maybe allergic to something in the air and also get dehydrated - maybe whatever my fluid I have is starting to decrease and 2-litre daily isn't enough! Anyhow, it's nearly the end of Ramadhan, I need to be more strong for the challenges, the temptation and the drownsiness of not getting enough sleep.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
23:00 - 0400
- pre-fast meal (sahur) = 5 fat prawn currpuffs, 100 ml Nestle Bliss 0% Fat Yogurt Drink (peach-mango flavour) mix with 100 ml Nestle Bliss 0% Fat Yogurt Drink (kiwi-apple flavour), 1 glass of Rx Young Fountain of Youth
- post-fast meal = 3 dates, 1 piece of pink jelly (syrup and milk flavour), 1 piece of glutunious rice with spicy coconut on top, 1 piece of unknown dish (one of local varieties) then a short break for Maghrib prayer. Continue with Beriyani rice with dhal, chicken curry and beef rendang
- pre-sleep snack = 1 glass of Anlene Chocolate (a calcium drink)
- water = 1000 ml (pre-fast) + 2600 ml (post-fast)
- mid-morning = 8-min of Pilates (3 sets of 10s Hundred, 1 set of Rolling Like A Ball, 1 set of Single Leg Stretches, 1 set of Obliques) and 4-min stretches
Alhamdulillah, another free meal for breaking my fast, together with my mom and some of the villagers. It was sponsored by the police department and (I think) at same, introduced the new district head or something like that - with uniforms, all the info just messed up in my mind, can't figure out who's who, haha.
And Day #18 was another rest day from same intensity workout like Day #17. I always thought my lower body is the strongest compare to upper and core but doing lunges and squats never fail to make my butt and thighs so sore and lots of aches on next day - everytime I'm bending my knees from a standing position or sitting down, it was hard to ignore my aching butt and thighs, haha. I did have aches at my arms for doing lots of pushups on Day #17 but just slight one, maybe I'm recovering faster now, hehe.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
23:00 - 0400
- pre-fast meal (sahur) = 1 and half cup of fried rice, 200 ml Nestle Bliss 0% Fat Yogurt Drink (peach-mango flavour), 1 glass of Rx Young Fountain of Youth
- post-fast meal = 3 dates, 5 fat prawn currypuffs, two cups of hot tea
- pre-sleep snack = 2 pieces of Roti John (minced meat with mayonaise and egg sandwiched between a long bun bread, usually cut into 5 pieces), 4 fat prawn currypuffs, 1 glass of Anlene Chocolate (a calcium drink)
- water = 600ml (pre-fast) + 1400 (post-fast)
- mid-morning = 13-min of 6 x 10rep modified lunges, 1 x 10rep forward lunges, 1 x 10rep reverse lunges, 2 x 10rep lateral lunges and after workout stretches.
- noon before nap = 12-min of 2 x 10rep modified pushups, 4 x 5rep modified plank, 2 x 5rep modified side plank, stretches.
- noon after nap, = 2-min of 2 x 10rep modified pushups.
- after work = 21-min of 5 x 10rep modified pushups, 4 x 5rep modified plank, 2 x 5rep modified side plank, light cardio marching at one place, stretches.
- night before sleep = 1 min of 1 set of 10rep Rolling Like A Ball (so nice to do it on a matress!)
Day #17 was full of doing challenges - QuickFire's Planks and Twilight's Pushups. And as it was also my lower body strength workout day, added the lunges and I got full body workout plus aches and sores on next day, haha. This reminds me of days when I just started do full body workout, when the muscles didn't work too much before, haha.
What I love about Day #17's workout is the rotating lunges and planks and my own personal challenge to get at least 10 sets of 10 reps pushups of any kind. For lunges, I did reverse, lateral, forward then back to lateral, sort of like dancing with very wide stance and drop legs, haha. Same with planks, it's like I was saying no with the planks movement, what with the sequence of center-left-center-right-center-left-cente
r-right. If I add reverse plank in the set, it will be a full 360 degrees plank rotation (did it last time, quite fun!). And pushups, wow, I still can't believe I did 15 sets of 10reps on 1 day! A very big thanks to whoever created the idea of splitting workouts in several short sessions, hehe.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
23:00 - 0420 (at 02:30, woke up for a toilet trip, turn off the air-con, turn on the fan and felt back to sleep)
- pre-fast meal (sahur) = 2 cup of white rice, Jackfruit cooked in coconut milk, quarter slice of Spanish Mackerel, 200 ml Nestle Bliss 0% Fat Yogurt Drink (peach-mango flavour), 1 glass of Rx Young Fountain of Youth
- post-fast meal = 3 dates, 1 cup of white rice, Jackfruit cooked in coconut milk, Omelete with big onion (1 egg), 1 glass of Grenadine syrup mix with milk, 1 glass of ABC (crushed ice with syrup)
- pre-sleep snack = 2 pieces of Roti John (minced meat with mayonaise and egg sandwiched between a long bun bread, usually cut into 5 pieces), 1 glass of Anlene Chocolate (a calcium drink)
- water = 750ml (pre-fast) + 1250 (post-fast) (it was a struggle for post-fast because I was so, so sleepy to drink!)
- mid-morning = 8 minutes of 2 set of 10s Hundred, 2 set of 10s Obliques, 2 sets of 10s Single Leg Stretches (Pilate), 3 minutes stretches
My arms and shoulders still aches from Day #15 pushup series so Day #16, I just did lighter workout, only mid-morning with daily basic Pilate. Thought want to do Rolling Like A Ball at home with the comfort of a fitness mat but somehow, back home I was hit with a high dose of drowsiness and it took me nearly all of my strength to not fall asleep just minutes before breaking my fast, haha. Had a revive body after eating my meal but sleepiness came again during Terawih prayers. But I managed to finish all 20 rakaat with the three rakaat of Witir with shaky, sleepy legs, hehe. Back home from Masjid, wanted to jump directly into bed but I need to eat snack, didn't want to wake up in the middle of night searching for food.
Alas, I still woke up from my dead sleep as I forgot my pre-sleep toilet trip, hehe.
Get An Email Alert Each Time FATHINSN Posts