Saturday, May 28, 2011
The Answer = Deprived of sleep!
I've been getting problems with my sleep lately, I think I can finally admit that I've insomnia. Scared me so much as in my family, we always manage to sleep easily anywhere, anytime, even during stressful time - just find a place comfortable enough and we can fall asleep easily and no complain from the body. But now, there are many causes that make me don't get enough sleep as I should, not getting enough rest. I still can fall asleep anywhere once I lie down (that's why lie down watching TV is not a good idea for me, hehe) but the length, the quality, the time when I turn in and wake up are my problems. There are several times, when I'm doing a workout, I yawned! And when at office, I usually found myself sway with sleepiness in the morning.
C#1: Temptation of staying up late even when I know I need to wake up early on next day
- TV, Internet, books - those three are my biggest weaknesses when it comes to turn in early
C#2: Become a light sleeper
- This actually been a long, long time and what usually waken me up is when someone opening/closing a door. It seems that I'm sensitive to door opening sounds, dunno why.
C#3: Late dinner
- Unfortunately, almost every night, our family has heavy dinner and it's not helping me with my sleep when the dinner is served quite late so I always justify with myself that I have to sleep later because of late dinner.
I can think other causes but for now, I need to tackle these three major ones. C#1 and C#3 actually have simple solutions (do things earlier!) but for C#2, I've no idea how to cure myself from that particular sound sensitivity unless I make myself very, very tired with a long, high intensity workout. Based on my experience, either 1 hour on the elliptical (so I guess maybe at least 20 minutes jumping rope) or more than 30 minutes of strength training with weights.
So, for next week, when I've 1 week vacations (thanks to lots of public holidays!), I'm going to have a sleep bootcamp
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Week 8, I spend 3 days in a business trip, ended with very exhausted body, blame mostly to the 40 minutes flight, back to home sweet home, in a bouncy, rocking small plane that landed so hard, so fast my heart nearly dropped onto the runway, haha. Can't imagine how other people always flying back forth to that island in that small island, very scary trip! Good news, I bought lots of dark chocolate as it's a duty-free island and can find almost everywhere with nearly 50% cheaper chocolate compare to other places in this country! Ah, but I still need to control chocolate intake even though dark chocolate is better than milk and white chocolate.
So, what I planned for Week 8:
- daily, doing videos as suggested in the bootcamp.
-cardio jumping rope 50 spins per set, at least 10 minutes per workout, 3x weekly
1. Cardio jumping rope
- I only managed did twice that week, one on Sunday (10 sets of 50 spins) and another on Tuesday (46 sets of 50 spins from morning and early evening, twice cardio per day, WooHoo!)
- On Tuesday, succeeded did 20 minutes jumping rope, thanks to the cool hotel bedroom and soft carpet for jumping - beat the creepy hotel gym with poor lighting and boring-gray-colour carpeted, hard floor, hehe
2. Strength training:
- I did all the SIS toning videos once daily but Wednesday and Thursday as I was dead tired and dizzy from that terrible flight experience.
- Happy to say, I did one of the toning videos at the hotel without following the videos (Tuesday). This means I prove to myself that I can do any exercises outside the comfort of my home ;D
Saturday, May 21, 2011
I think it's so funny when there are many people so concern about my appearance - from family (of course) to school mates/university study group and current, colleagues. Well, I've little complain about that as the advices are free, some self-declare my image consultant when the actual one or a stylist usually is high-paid (I think the consultants are usually high-pay, right?) So far, I've lost count on total volunteers and some are actually went for shopping trip with me, which I actually detest shopping with other people as I don't like keep people waiting on me to choose things, especially when they agreed to come at first place then had the bored look
Anyhow, when I was in a tea break during a business workshop, there I was sitting enjoying my sandwiches, chatting with one colleague when he (yes, a male!) looked at my green barely-reach-my-hips-wrist-length-sleeves blouse, grey A-size skirt, black stokings, dark blue flat sandals (I've posted the picture of the sandals in one of my blog) and commented, I looked like an auntie and how can I attract guys with that style! Good thing I always laughed whenever people made hurtful comments like that - my poker face is my laugh face, several people said they couldn't guess my real emotions because of my smiling, laughing personality. Well, I sort of trained myself to laugh at troubles, sadness, problems, anything that affect me negative. As long as I can still laugh, things will not spiral out-of-control and I will find solutions.
Ok, I'm drifting off as usual, back to the colleague, he also told me that he could do something to help me improve my appearance. I was mix of appalled and delighed, can't wait to know his ideas, hehe. He's kind of like an elder brother to me, heck, I always treat my male colleagues as family, mostly like my brothers as I miss having my brother around to tease and for siblings quarrels. So, come next Monday, he should be back to office so let's see if he still remember or maybe I should reminds him with my practical-choice-male-repellent clothes, haha.
It's quite interesting to know people advice to help improving my styles but when the comments start to make me feel I've been pushed around, trapped, then I'll slowly back out, change topics, etc etc. Anyhow, I've some ideas on what I want, perhaps this guy can suggests things like style and colour - I'm really bad with matching colours. But I hope he will not suggest something that sacrifice my comfortable, such as wearing thin, sky-high heels or clothes like second skin or (horor, horror) attract too many unwanted attentions from female and male, young and old!
Friday, May 20, 2011
Through several amendments, skipped few days due to sickness and monthly periods, I still able to follow my Bounce Back Fitness Plan, WooHoo. So, as a reward, I bought myself sushi meals today, yay!
Ok, ok, lots of opinions said don't reward yourself with food but this I have to make exception as it's salmon, a very, very, very rare treat for me, hehe.
I thought want to take pictures of my sushi but unfortunately, I was alone so a bit embrassed to take out my mobile and start snapping pictures LOL. No worry, got pictures from the restaurant's website. So, what I had - 3 plates of Salmon Mayo (salmon, rice and seaweed), 1 plates of Kanikama Maki (crabstick, rice and seaweed) and 1 Salmon Salad (got half price, WooHoo) and several refill of green tea (free!)
(I assure you that what I got were exactly the same in the picture except for the plates, hehe)
I don't know why I love Salmon and sushi-style rice rolled in seaweed. Hmm, maybe I should learn how to so that I can bring some for my lunch in the office ;D
Monday, May 16, 2011
The biggest challenge in Week 7 was how to do workout in the blazing heat of outside weather and inside of humid house. There were lots of time when I just wanted to soak under the shower - no bathtub - instead of continue workout. Kept getting dizzy spells, headaches and the air-con didn't work to cool me when I slept! No wonder I was having trouble with my sleep - I could fall asleep seconds when I drop my body at any surface but when I woke up, the body complained of getting hot and sticky with sweats and I know throughout my sleep, I was uncomfortable but still sleeping, haha.
Anyhow, Week 7's plan, as usual, combining my Bounce Back with Spring Into Shape Bootcamp Challenge's challenges and personal goals (my SIS weeks always starts with Wednesday but Bounce Back starts on Sunday):
- daily, doing videos as suggested in the bootcamp.
- Week 6 is a combination Week 2 and Week 3 SIS bootcamp, so the first half of Week 7, 1x toning video and second half, 2x toning video
-cardio jumping rope 45 spins per set, first half 10 - 15 minutes and second half, 15 - 20 minutes
1. Cardio jumping rope, could do as what I planned, just imagine doing intense jumping in the heat, so dizzy and uncomfortable AND puke-inducer, hehe:
- Tuesday, 15 sets of 45 spins
- Wednesday, 10 sets of 45 spins
- Thursday, 14 sets of 45 spins
- Friday, 4 sets of 45 spins
(other days, either I was still slightly sick from Week 6 or because of couldn't do anything too active on hot, hot days)
2. Strength training:
- I did all the SIS toning videos once daily from Sunday to Tuesday and twice on Thursday to Saturday - all toning exercises except on Wednesday, cardio kickboxing.
Get An Email Alert Each Time FATHINSN Posts