Saturday, May 28, 2011
Yay, 9-day vacations, thanks to weekends and public holidays and no need to worry about freezing in the office! And I've plan for these days, other than lazying around at home, hehe.
1. Second phase of bedroom makeover
- All boxes at end of bed MUST be out of the bedroom!
- Arrange things at "hidden places" more neatly - in the drawers, wardrobes, etc etc.
- Clean the fan!
- Sweep, vacuum and even mop the floor!
2. Twice cardio daily, morning & afternoon
- A preparation to do cardio twice daily even on working days!
- Do at least 15 minutes jumping rope per workout.
3. Start new strength training programme, alternate between these two workouts, 2 sets each:
- Bob Harper's Bikini Body Workout Month 1 ( www.shape.com/fitness/bikini-body-co
- Marissa Miller's Workout ( www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/routi
4. Train myself to get at least 7hrs sleep every night with same turn in and waking time.
- This means I need to discipline myself, forcing myself to get into my dimly light bedroom - I can still sleep with the light turn on but that means I will reach a book and start reading till late hours, haha.
5. Drink 3 litres daily
- Months ago, it was easy for me to drink 3 litres and I felt great! So, now I'm going to get back to the habit ;D
6. Clear up the clothes that need to be ironing.
- There are a big pile of clothes that I've avoided for weeks so it might takes hours so I better do it in the morning, when the day still cold enough. Or I can do it prior sleeping, the boring task can make me more drowsy and ready for bed!
7. Learn new recipes
- Whether my mom's, books, magazines or from the websites. Perhaps I can finally found one that I can do quick and easy for lunch at office!
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Reading horoscope is not my thing but I read the one for my zodiac as I'm curious what does it say about my zodiac, hehe.
Capricorn: December 22 – January 20
As a Capricorn, you want to stand out as an individual. Stick to your fitness plan by doing what works for you and listening to your body. You leap at the chance to be the first to try something new. Just make sure you get instructions before trying new pieces of equipment or exercises so that you don't hurt yourself. You hate to have boundaries, so you are naturally drawn to the extreme side of life. Cliff diving and rock climbing would give you a rush! You can’t do these every day, but you can mimic this excitement with a high-intensity running program. The natural high you get after a good run will satisfy your adventurous side until you can take part in another extreme activity.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Responds to DailySpark Blog, How I Stop a Binge ( www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=tip
It actually simple for myself:
Always keep water available to myself
- whether at the office, at home, when watching tv or reading a book or even when driving. I know I'm a muncher so if there's any snacks around, healthy or not, I'll keep eating. But with water, the only problems I have are more trips to the toilet and refilling the bottle.
The 3-piece Rule
- People always give me chocolates (fortunately, no sweets!) as I'm the unofficial chocolate controller in my team (workplace) so I can put them into our snack jar. What I do, I take 3 pieces (it's easy when they give those small-wrapped packets instead of something like chocolate bars which need to be consumed immediately once you take it, hehe) then put them away, still reachable and this works to prevent me to keep reaching for the latest chocolate temptation. The weird thing is sometimes I totally forgot to eat the 3 pieces, haha. And what I do for the team? I divide the quantity of the chocolates into small 2 or 3 groups instead of pouring everything into the jar so they will consume much lesser chocolate when they see the chocolate isn't too many in the jar, hehe. Apparently, we feel guilt to get more chocolate when we see only half full jar (and the jar isn't too big, about 5" in height and diameter 14").
Snacks before meals or divide meals into small portions
- It's either the high-fibre biscuits or fruits before meals so that I will not reach more rice and the stomach doesn't urge me to fill up the plate more than I can eat. Even when I feel full, I force myself to finish the meal as I don't want to feel ungrateful with my food and don't want to waste so it's important for me to take small quantity first so by eating snacks before meals, no temptation to get big pile of food. And whenever I can, I divide my meals into small portions. Usually at the office where I eat my lunch 2 or 3 times - mid-morning, lunchtime and mid-afternoon (energy for my after-work workout).
What about chewing gums, isn't that a popular way for prevent binging senselessly? I hate chewing gums, I keep telling that to anyone who offer me that the words come out automatically so that's a no-no to help me stop a binge, haha.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
The Answer = Deprived of sleep!
I've been getting problems with my sleep lately, I think I can finally admit that I've insomnia. Scared me so much as in my family, we always manage to sleep easily anywhere, anytime, even during stressful time - just find a place comfortable enough and we can fall asleep easily and no complain from the body. But now, there are many causes that make me don't get enough sleep as I should, not getting enough rest. I still can fall asleep anywhere once I lie down (that's why lie down watching TV is not a good idea for me, hehe) but the length, the quality, the time when I turn in and wake up are my problems. There are several times, when I'm doing a workout, I yawned! And when at office, I usually found myself sway with sleepiness in the morning.
C#1: Temptation of staying up late even when I know I need to wake up early on next day
- TV, Internet, books - those three are my biggest weaknesses when it comes to turn in early
C#2: Become a light sleeper
- This actually been a long, long time and what usually waken me up is when someone opening/closing a door. It seems that I'm sensitive to door opening sounds, dunno why.
C#3: Late dinner
- Unfortunately, almost every night, our family has heavy dinner and it's not helping me with my sleep when the dinner is served quite late so I always justify with myself that I have to sleep later because of late dinner.
I can think other causes but for now, I need to tackle these three major ones. C#1 and C#3 actually have simple solutions (do things earlier!) but for C#2, I've no idea how to cure myself from that particular sound sensitivity unless I make myself very, very tired with a long, high intensity workout. Based on my experience, either 1 hour on the elliptical (so I guess maybe at least 20 minutes jumping rope) or more than 30 minutes of strength training with weights.
So, for next week, when I've 1 week vacations (thanks to lots of public holidays!), I'm going to have a sleep bootcamp
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Week 8, I spend 3 days in a business trip, ended with very exhausted body, blame mostly to the 40 minutes flight, back to home sweet home, in a bouncy, rocking small plane that landed so hard, so fast my heart nearly dropped onto the runway, haha. Can't imagine how other people always flying back forth to that island in that small island, very scary trip! Good news, I bought lots of dark chocolate as it's a duty-free island and can find almost everywhere with nearly 50% cheaper chocolate compare to other places in this country! Ah, but I still need to control chocolate intake even though dark chocolate is better than milk and white chocolate.
So, what I planned for Week 8:
- daily, doing videos as suggested in the bootcamp.
-cardio jumping rope 50 spins per set, at least 10 minutes per workout, 3x weekly
1. Cardio jumping rope
- I only managed did twice that week, one on Sunday (10 sets of 50 spins) and another on Tuesday (46 sets of 50 spins from morning and early evening, twice cardio per day, WooHoo!)
- On Tuesday, succeeded did 20 minutes jumping rope, thanks to the cool hotel bedroom and soft carpet for jumping - beat the creepy hotel gym with poor lighting and boring-gray-colour carpeted, hard floor, hehe
2. Strength training:
- I did all the SIS toning videos once daily but Wednesday and Thursday as I was dead tired and dizzy from that terrible flight experience.
- Happy to say, I did one of the toning videos at the hotel without following the videos (Tuesday). This means I prove to myself that I can do any exercises outside the comfort of my home ;D
Get An Email Alert Each Time FATHINSN Posts