Sunday, April 17, 2011
(Responding to Twilight Challenge Team's Easter Challenge Week 5)
If someone asks me, what is the best reward I can give to myself whenever I reach a goal or personal gifts to cheer myself up, I will say books and skin products that smell nice (well, at least smell lovely to myself, probably not to others, haha).
I love to read but mostly romantic fiction, it feels like I'm in another world where I can drown myself into my imagination - the better the author describes about something or someone, the more clearer my imagination will be or else, my imagination will turn into something wild and out-of-world, haha. Articles about world history or origins about races and cultures always fascinate me but unfortunately, it's hard to find interesting books about these subject here and online usually provides cheap/free delivery to the States. So, I usually stick to fictions which much easier to find, hehe. People might think I'm bookish, anti-social, not-so-active-at-outdoor but I don't care what people say as books always give me the enjoyment, excitement and make my emotion goes haywire at same time and that's why books are perfect things that I can give to myself. I can immerse myself into a good book for hours and only the needs for food, water and toilet trips can jolt me to reality. Though, I much prefer people don't give me books as gift as they usually misinterpret what I like to read, hehe.
Which might be sounds weird to everyone else when I put books and skin products in same sentence as my favourite, much preferred rewards. In stereotype world, books and skin products usually don't go along well, sort of like a book nerd and fashionista shopaholic, haha. Anyhow, I just love those skin products that smells so nice such as herbal and medicated smells. I usually hate to put anything fragrant on my skin, hence not much perfume in my collection - always get dizzy when spraying perfume on my skin or clothes and the smell somehow goes either too strong or not as nice as on the paper strip. But with my latest love, products from Origins and DKNY selected fragrances (I don't like all, hehe), I love to dab those products to my skins, just happily savour the smells, mmmmm. I know those can be quite pricey if compared to my monthly budget so I always save them for monthly or once in three months as my pampering devices especially when I sometimes want to have something good after stressing out at life, at work, at those annoying married couples who keep bothering me with questions, "Already meet someone? When are you going to get married? Aren't you worried about still not start your own family, those eggs will be not fresh when you hit 30, you know".
Ah, books and lovely smell skin products, those are my earthy heaven.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
The first week that I fully use my Amendment #1. I did my workout from Monday to Saturday, not like the original plan which only Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I found that using this revised plan makes me getting closer to my inches goals and spread workout days more so that I willn't have too long workout time per day.
This week also marks the final week of my first strength workout routine as next week, new strength workout routine, more weights in exercises compare to this one.
Plan for Week 3:
- Monday & Wednesday: Jumping rope, 6 - 8 sets
- Friday: Jumping rope, 8 - 10 sets
- Tuesday & Thursday: Strength training, 1 - 2 sets
- Saturday: Strength training, 2 - 3 sets
And the actual activities:
- Monday & Wednesday = Jumping rope, 8 sets of 25 spins
- Friday = Jumping rope, 17 sets of 25 spins (I decided that max 10 sets wasn't enough, just enough to a bit more warm up but not sweaty)
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday = Strength training 1 sets
Looks like there will be Amendment #2 coming soon but I need to check several things first.
Can't wait to try new strength workout in Week 4!
Oh, and nearly forgot, it's time for my every 3 weeks measurement!
Weight = 57kg (goal = as long as between 50kg and 55kg, not less than 50kg, not more than 58kg, my highest weight ever in my life! And Week 3's weight still same as Week 1's)
Waist = 28.5" (goal = 26", Week 1 = 30")
Hips = 35" (goal = 34", Week 1 = 35")
Thigh = 22" (goal = 20", Week 1 = 22")
Under bust = 28" (goal = 26", Week 1 = 28")
Chest = 34" (goal = 34", Week 1 = 35")
Upper arm (about 4" from elbows) = 10"
Calves (about 3" from knees)= 14" (what a very big difference with my thighs!)
Next measurement: Week 6, Week 9, Week 12, Week 15 and finally, Week 18.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
1. Your workout bores you
"... It's easy to get bored if you stick with the same routine for too long. ..."
(That's why I currently changed my strength training routine every 3 weeks and increasing the reps per every week for more challenging. Next plan, increase weight instead of reps, hehe)
2. Your workout isn't giving you results anymore.
"... Just as you can get bored by always doing the same exercises, your body can also adapt to these exercises so that they don't offer the same benefits that they once did ..."
(So true, no wonder last time I couldn't see any result even when I was doing high intensity for weeks. That's why we need to spice up our workout, change our routine instead of stick to them like glue)
3. Your workout leaves you more tired and sore than before.
"... Exercise should give you more energy, not leave you feeling rundown. If you're feeling overly tired or perpetually sore, you could be overtraining. Your body needs time for rest and recovery. ..."
"... If you don't give your body ample recovery time, you'll become weaker instead of stronger. If you have been overtraining, your first priority should be rest. You might need up to a week off to recharge mentally and physically. ..."
(I like to have rest time now and then from my routine, to reexamine what I did, to replan, restrategize and it's good to give our body time to rest, especially when the body seems to be too sore and we not even get more energy.)
4. Your workout is no longer challenging.
" ... Challenging your body improves your fitness level and can also provide a sense of accomplishment as you become stronger and work toward your goals ..."
(Challenge - the keyword to keep us going and getting near to our goals!)
I found that this article is very useful, can refer to it now and then for guidance and reminder. Thanks, SP article!
For more details, read the article here:
Saturday, April 16, 2011
My result: You Have all the Know-How You Need
You probably knew, even before you took this quiz, that you don't need a trainer. You are experienced, knowledgeable, and have no trouble sticking to a fitness program or teaching yourself new things. While a personal trainer isn't for everyone, remember that even elite exercisers can benefit from contacting a fitness professional. You probably don't need someone holding your hand during a workout, but getting advice during a long-lasting plateau or gaining access to fitness measurements and tests may help you along your fitness journey. Many gyms and trainers offer one-time assessments (which typically include body fat, flexibility, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and blood pressure tests) for an affordable fee.
No matter how much you know, the world of fitness and health information is constantly changing. Keep educating yourself and striving to improve your fitness program. Maybe you'll be the person who trains others someday!
*** I definitely can get more tips from a trainer, such as how to do push ups properly as I can't really see my form compared to most exercises or feel I'm doing it right (like bicycle crunches). But a trainer is usually either hard to find here or I need to be pay a lot for gym membership to get access to the trainer. Oh well, I have lots of guy friends who looks fit and probably can teach me one or two things about pushups and other exercises though wonder how can I do that in the office with my blouses, skirts or in jeans, haha.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
To conclude what I've learned from my 5-day sleep diary (Monday, 11th April to Friday, 15th Apr 2011):
1. I better try to sleep earlier than 23:00, much better is earlier than 22:30.
2. Try to get dinner earlier, before 21:00.
3. Get away from TV after 22:00 - a temptation to sleep late or sleep in the living room.
4. Which bring me to Internet usage, get away from my laptop or any computer that can give me access to Internet as this also one of the biggest temptation to sleep late.
5. Give my cats dinner early so that there's no reason for me to get out late at night. When I put my cats meals, that also means me for removing their litter-sand-covered poop so giving their meal isn't a short time routine.
6. Try not to read interesting novels, especially from my favourite authors or any kind of magazine in 1 hour before sleep as this will make me think of what I just read in bed.
7. Do all my bedtime routine in dim light room as it will make me to sleep earlier instead of lagging going into the bed.
8. Don't drink too much water before bed, just enough to wet the throat. This to prevent wake up in the middle of night for toilet trip, though I don't I ever had this problem but just as a safe precaution, hehe.
9. Do some before-sleep stretches or some light exercises as this helps me to sleep better but don't do till my muscles are too alert or get myself too hot and sweaty (though looking hot is another matter, haha).
10. Keep the room not too warm, not too cold and remember to use pillows where they should be to get more comfortable and fully rested.
Hmm, this sleep diary really works, I learned a lot from this short period. I think I'll do it again in future for further sleep study.
Get An Email Alert Each Time FATHINSN Posts