Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Got our department corporate shirt and (feeling guilty) wore it this Friday. As the shirt is 3/4 sleeves, I had to wear a thin material long sleeve BLACK t-shirt inside so that I can ensure my arms were fully covered. And, man, I so regret to wear this outfit to the office! It still very cold in the office but didn't feel as cold as usual, thanks to the double-layer protection but once I got out from the safe, cool cubicle to eat lunch with my colleagues, I started to dying of heat. Luckily, we sat slightly directly under a very fast spinning ceiling fan so didn't feel too hot. But I still felt smoldered with the shirt as the collar was harder than I used to wear, made the neck felt tense, haha.
This day also marked my first day eating normal malay lunch - rice with veggie and chicken. I asked the server to put double scoop of veggie (cooked long bean) and it still cost the same! Hmm, I better use this knowledge everytime I buy dinner from the cafetaria. Extra scoop of meat (chicken, beef), seafood and fishes will cost more but apparently for veggie, still price the same. I know, I know, I sounded too stingy about money but the fact is, I think I still low on veggie and fruit servings and this new info can help me to get my 5 servings of veggie and fruit!
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I finally able to try the endurance on elliptical training as suggested in SparkPeople website, www.sparkpeople.com/resource/cardio_
elliptical_endurance.asp And even though I tried the beginner level, by the time I reached 14th minutes, I was so glad for bringing my book to read coz I started to lose focus, haha. With the tv on, my parents eating dinner and both were just a glance away, so near so it was hard to concentrate. So, instead of total minutes 26, I managed to do 17 minutes on elliptical. What I did:
- warm up 5 minutes
- increase intensity 5 minutes
- increase intensity to much, much higher 2 minutes (this should be 6 minutes of endurance)
- slow down to cool down 5 minutes
A bit frustrated so I add 1 minutes jump rope (got 80x) and 2 minutes walk around the house to get my heart beat to slow down. Then, did strecthing 5 minutes and relax as long as I can while sipping water then proceed to eat dinner.
Hmm, next week, I better go home earlier, do workout and have extra time BEFORE I helped my mom for cooking. It should be better that way, right?
Bonus: After preparing myself to do workout, helped my mom at kitchen, more like stirring the noodles to make fried instant noodles (we used instant noodles with its spices to make fried noodles). Part of plan to get more used to working in kitchen, help my mom more, hehe.
Friday, September 24, 2010
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Don't have one
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Yes, the bottles and colors are so nice to see.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Tucked in but when I woke up, always tuck out.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No interesting sign, not worth the effort.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
use them all the times at office
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
Depends, I always cut coupons to places that I know where is it but not sure if I can go
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
How about they fight each other and I run to safe place?
8. Do you have freckles?
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Pictures you pose for?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Drivers that cut lane too close to my car!
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Only last time when I wanted to know how many steps I walked.
12. Have you ever peed in the woods?
13. What about pooped in the woods?
Haha, that's disgusting and no, I don't and hopefully will not!
14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?
Yes, the music is in my mind.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Yuck, what if I swallow and who know's who used them before?
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
17. What size is your bed?
18. What is your Song of the week?
Misery, Maroon 5.
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Only if they have skin tone like the oriental guys
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Yes, love the cartoons!
21. What's your least favorite movie?
Gladiator is the only thing came up in my mind coz I felt asleep even before the middle of story!
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
It's a secret ...
23. What do you drink with dinner?
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Thai chili sauce , nyum!
25. What is your favorite food?
Eggs, love eggs, whatever dishes with eggs except cakes and biscuits, not all taste good, haha.
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Edward Scissorhands, Beauty & The Beast, all Pirate of The Caribbean movies, Shoot 'Em Up!
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
My parents' hands, is that considered as kiss?
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Nope, though being scout sounds interesting when I was a kid but I became Red Cresent
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Gosh, no, why the heck I want to do that?!!
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Does short note on stick-on-note count?
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
Nope but definitely can fill in gas, hehe
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Not yet, only ticket for not using the overhead bridge for pedestrians, hehe
33. Ran out of gas?
One time, nearly but I already reached a gas station, haha.
34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's smoked norwegian salmon, hmmmm, so nyummy!
35 Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Toast with omelet and baked red bean
36. What is your usual bedtime?
Between 23:00hrs and 00:00, gosh, I need to sleep earlier than that!
37. Are you lazy?
Depends on situations, haha
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
No Halloween celebration here.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
oink, oink, guess what is it? haha
40. How many languages can you speak?
Three - one can use almost everywhere, second can use almost everywhere in my country and neighbour countries and third, probably only can use at my state where I'm living right now, hehe
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Nope, not all issues are interesting to me.
42..Which are better Legos or lincoln logs?
What's the differences?
43. Are you stubborn?
The silent kind of stubborn, haha.
44. Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
Both seems to be too boring to me.
45. Ever watch soap operas?
46. Afraid of heights?
As long as I don't see below, love the feel of at high altitudes!
47. Sing in the car?
Only when I'm driving alone
48. Dance in the shower?
During crazy time, haha
49. Dance in the car?
While singing, hehe
50. Ever used a gun?
Nope, just pretend something as a gun.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
A family potrait this month
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Nope, although it's kinda funny to see them talk a bit then sing about everything
53. Is Christmas stressful?
Love it coz it's my birthday and Christmas means public holiday also means I can celebrate my birthday not working!
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Scientist or vet. Luckily didn't pursue my ambition as vet coz I can't stand the sight of blood.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Don't want to.
58. Ever have a Déjà-vu feeling?
Several times which I always dismiss as imagination.
59. Take a vitamin daily?
Nope, still have no idea what to take.
60. Wear slippers?
For driving, taking care of my good shoes/sandals and also in our home's bathrooms and also walking at outside of the house.
61. Wear a bath robe?
Nope, I think it's silly.
62. What do you wear to bed?
Pajamas or just t-shirt
63. First concert?
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
Don't have those here.
65. Nike or Adidas?
Nike, looks cute and less sporty than Adidas, hehe
66.Cheetos Or Fritos?
Haven't tried them, no opinion yet.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
First time heard was in this question.
69. Ever take dance lessons?
Not yet, plan to, haha.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Engineer or in business.
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
Nope, I just know how to spell "bee", though, hehe.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Nearly, very close.
74. Own any record albums?
75. Own a record player?
76. Regularly burn incense?
77. Ever been in love?
Yes but always unlucky.
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
My favourite singer who single me out to give me chocolate, haha.
79. What was the last concert you saw?
Haven't been to concert yet.
80.Hot tea or cold tea?
81.Tea or coffee?
Tea, coffee is yuckie.
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles?
Sugar coz dunno what is snickerdoodles, hehe.
83.Can you swim well?
Nope even though the beach is just straight up from my house.
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
Not too much as I want.
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
87.Ever won a contest?
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
No, plastic surgery is a stupid idea unless you've good medical reason.
89. Which are better black or green olives?
Black coz never tried green.
90.Can you knit or crochet?
Nope, looks hard!
91. Best room for a fireplace?
Living room or the centre of a house.
92. Do you want to get married?
Yes but no one asks yet, haha.
93. If married, how long have you been married?
94. Who was your HS crush?
First year, a senior then my own classmate, haha.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
I much prefer silent tackle, hehe.
96. Do you have kids?
97. Do you want kids?
I hope I want kids.
98. What's your favorite color?
Black and red, sometimes dark blue.
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
The one person who I shouldn't have any feeling at first place.
100. Did you watch Next Great American Band on FOX?
Thursday, September 23, 2010
After first week of trying new skincare regime, I think I somehow managed to control my acne from getting worse but I don't think there are any differences. Perhaps it's too early to tell? Anyhow, the acne cream that I used contains suspicious ingridient - Triclosan - that from many articles that I've read said it's not safe ingridient. Actually, from the website acne.org, from what I understand, it's recommended to use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide as treatment (2.5% is as effective as the 5% and 10% but less iritating) but the lowest I can find at drug stores are 5% and I'm a bit worried about the bleaching effect - will it bleach my unruly, hard-to-contain hair or eyebrow, will it easily bleach my scarf as I covered my hair with it and how badly is the bleaching effect? Maybe if there's no other option, I had to buy the 5% benzoyl peroxide and hope no bleaching, no terrible irritation.
So, this picture from week #1, the week I started my new regime:
And here's my picture for week #2 (hmm, maybe I should do week #0 as starting point and week #2 should be week #1, hehe):
Personally, I don't think there's any difference and my face looks so shiny and quite pinkish at the cheeks area where all the worst acne inhibited unwanted, hehe.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Just another lazy, unproductive day, thanks to working almost non-stop at office computer till I felt aches between my shoulder blades, at the back and neck - productive for work, not for my fitness plan. I would kill to have the crink crank out from my body. Throughout the day and night, the only thing that kept me sane was drinking water continuously. At work, I decided I'll go straight back home and do intense workout just to leash out my frustration of working long hours at computer. But, no, I went home to tired to do anything, end up watching tv and browsing internet. Ok, I'll stop ranting now before I bring all these to my sleep!
Get An Email Alert Each Time FATHINSN Posts