Tuesday, March 05, 2013
This week my new thing was to mentor someone. This i did for a new member for my sorority. She had never been to an on-line chapter meeting to know if she would like to join or not. I invited her to visit my chapter. I told her all about it before she attended so she would know what to expect. Our meeting started on Sunday and goes for the rest of the week.
Yesterday i had an appointment with my chemo oncologist. To my surprise he was happier than he's ever shown before. He actually seemed friendly and joked! His family got a new puppy - a shikie, a shi tzu yorkie mix. He showed us several pictures of him. What a cute little guy. I had never seen one before, but he looked like a guy you'd just want to pick up and cuddle with!! They hadn't named him yet.
We went over my info to update everything. Then we went over the records. He was very happy i was past a two year mark for my breast cancer being gone and on my way to two years for the tonsil cancer being gone. He examined my breast and said they appeared clear to him. And some really good news - I don't have to see him for six more months111 YEAH!! i see his nurse to flush my port or whenever i need a blood draw, but not him. He even told us to call him if we needed anything before the next appointment! That is the very first time he has told me that, too!!
All and all a great checkup, considering it had been rescheduled because we forgot our check book last time for our $25 co-pay!!! Bob always goes in with me in case i forget anything, he'll remember.
While we were in town, Bob and i ran some errands. We each got an iced tea for our ride home, as a treat. We stopped at the American Legion for him to see the commander about their web page that he maintains. We also decided to come home to fix or meal rather than to eat out. Good choice, don't you think? The only treat Bob got for me was a package of animal crackers that should last me the month. I haven't opened them yet. When I do, most likely i'll only eat one or two for the day.
Once more I have managed to lose one of my good gold hoops. It has to be somewhere here in the house, but search as much as we did, we haven't found it. This is the second time i have lost one and it always comes out of my left ear.
Yesterday we barely made it into the 60's. Today was 70, but tomorrow is to be cold again with another possibility of a frost tomorrow night. This is so different than normal NE FL March weather. We are used to having everything green and azaleas blooming by this time of the year! And there is still so much pine pollen in the air because we haven't had much rain to clear it away. It's terrible as it bothers me a lot. I've had several bloody noses during the night and a night of a mouth full of blood because it bothers my sinus so.
So this is what has been going on at evwings and cruzer's house in the past few days. I hope everyone else has done better!! Stay safe and enjoy your days.
Peace Love Cure
Ev and Bob with Bruzer in January 2013
Ev yesterday wearing the shirt she picked out for Christmas
Friday, March 01, 2013
February was a very active month in our household. Once more something that I felt would be easy was a lot more complicated than I believed. This is the challenge I took to write so many words telling the story of one of my ancestors. I chose my mother, but most of the stories ended up being a series of facts. I really didn't put her into situations. I'm going to continue with writing these until I cover all that I know as fact.
As for the weekly challenge of doing something new each week, it went quite well. The first week I followed a dvd to learn to belly dance. I thought I'd like it, but I ended up loving it for exercise. The second week I tried a new fruit - rhubarb. It was ok, but I can't say I was terribly fond of it. Ill eat it again if someone offers it, but I won't go out my way to select it. The third week I found a new place to do some walking where I can take my dogs. It is really a nice neighborhood that is quite rural. The last week I tried a new veggie - Bok Choy. I really enjoyed it made as a slaw. We'll be having it again often. But we need to keep in mind that the cabbage grown around here in field after field is really good and i don't expect bok choy to take it's place!
My goals for February:
Health and Fitness:
1. Continue to maintain goal weight: Accomplished! Still at 120 lbs
2. Track both food and exercise daily Do so daily
3. When I mess up, not to be hard on myself, rather pick myself up and start brand new with my next meal, exercise, etc. I sometimes have to do this with my writing. It really goes to all our activities in life, not just Spark things.
4. Continue with weekly weigh-ins and immediate corrections if i gain more than 5 pounds. I do this every Friday morning after my shower.
5. To try to make the wisest choices I can for myself to remain as healthy as i can be. This can be very difficult at times, but I always do the very best I can.
1. To stay as positive as i can no matter what comes my way. This, too, can be difficult, but is very encouraging. It is making my life a lot more simple!
2. Do something new every week. I listed this in my team challenges
3. Stay in close contact with my family and friends.
I am now playing a game much like scrabble with my friend in OH who is being turned over to Hospice. She always beats me!
4. Write! Write! Write! - The genealogy stories challenge. Although I did this, it wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be!!
5. Try my very best to give more than i get in this journey we call life.
Since i am so blessed with wonderful people in my life and terrific experiences, this is a difficult thing to do. I continue to do my very best, though.
My goals for March:
Health and Fitness:
1. Continue to maintain goal weight
2. Track both food and exercise daily
3. When I mess up, not to be hard on myself, rather pick myself up and start brand new with my next meal, exercise, etc.
4. Continue with weekly weigh-ins and immediate corrections if i gain more than 5 pounds.
5. To try to make the wisest choices I can for myself to remain as healthy as i can be.
1. To stay as positive as i can no matter what comes my way.
2. Honor Bob's birthday in a special way at the end of the month.
3. Stay in close contact with my family an friends.
4. Write! Write! Write! A Short Story
5. To follow my Lenten journey to show my faith in the basis of my religion.
May all my Spark Buds have a great weekend and try to stay safe. I love you each.
Peace Love Faith
What i saw in the sky on my new walking place.
Get An Email Alert Each Time EVWINGS Posts