Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Well, Bob had a horrible night. He had trouble breathing, his temp stayed over 102 and he had pains that nothing would touch. Soooooooooo he decided he should have the paramedics come ASAP. They did and took him to the hospital again. Around 3PM, my surgeon called me to tell me he is looking out for Bob. It seems his gall bladder has a bad infection. They had him on antibiotics and as soon as an OR came open, Dr Caudill will do the surgery. He is going to call me when it is over to let me know how things are going. Bob will be staying at least over night because of that infection.
One thing that makes me really happy is that Dr C is doing the surgery. He is my surgeon who did my lumpectomy, my 2nd bc surgery, put in my port, and my feeding tube when I needed it. I was to see him Friday, but we cancelled it when Bob was feeling so awful this morning. There is a picture of him in my photo album on my page. At least I know Bob is in the very best hands possible.
I come to all of you my friends asking for prayers, thoughts, healing lights, whatever it is that is your belief - for Bob, Dr Caudill, and the rest of the hospital staff caring for Bob right now.
As before, when I know more, I'll post an update.
Thank you everyone.
Peace, Love, and Hope for the Cure!
Bob and his Fender
Another wedding photo
When he had a beard a few years ago.
Saturday, October 20, 2012
The paramedics left my home at 3AM and took Bob with them to the hospital. He was clammy, had pressure on his chest just under the heart, and his BP was 226 over 110!! They told me he will most likely have to be there for 24 hours to be checked out really well for any heart problems, especially at his age - he's 70.
If you can spare some extra prayers, light, good thoughts, etc. I would really wish you'd send them this way for my precious Bobby.
I'll be sure to let everyone know what is going on as soon as I hear and can get to the computer. I doubt if I'll get any sleep, but I'm so lost already. He does so much for us, that I haven't a clue about doing. At this point I'm not even sure how to get him home! I could drive myself, but I haven't driven in well over two years.
I'm just going to believe he will get to come back home and not be admitted and that all the tests will show he needs to watch stress and remember he isn't 50 anymore, yes?
Thank you everyone.
Peace, Love, Hope for a cure,
Bob in high school
Bob in the Navy
On our wedding day
27 August 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
As I begin today, I'd like to invite you to a thread on one of the teams to which I am a member. The thread is called Talk about Health Issues. www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_mes
One of my Buds who is a team leader asked me to provide some information for the thread. The team is Tips For Writing, = Combining Health and Weight Loss.
I do hope you'll visit and comment or ask some questions if you choose to do so.
I've also been thinking about my Buddies and decided it is time to add nine more and tell why they mean so much to me.
1. snuzsuz - Her comments often make me laugh and always make me smile - even if they are serious, because I know how much she cares.
2. ruthiebear - She always tells it like it is. And boy does she ever! She stands up for what she believes in and isn't wishy-washy like so many are in today's world.
3. smidgeon - What a sweet lady. She comments all the time and makes me feel so comfortable to see her.
4. mom2acat - What can I say? We have been traveling a very similar journey with our cancer. So many times I wish she were close so I could give her a gentle hug. What an inspiration she has been to me since I first found out about my BC.
5. Jamer123 - She is so sweet and so funny! I just love her to pieces.
6. StLouisWoman - She is a leader on the Genealogy Team. She is so wonderful. If I need help with anything at all dealing with genealogy, she is right there to help me and never asks a lot of questions - she just does it.
7. Pinkhope - She is Team Leader for one of the Breast Caner teams. She has such helpful advice. When I first joined and was so frightened, she was right there along with mom2acat to assure me that things would be OK and what to expect. What a caring woman she is.
8. Pudlecrazy - She always has something positive to say on my blog comments. I really appreciate all that she writes there.
9. Sandraleet - I was one of her first Buddies on Spark. She sent me daily inspirations and still visits me to give me positive messages. She is really special.
One thing that all comes round to is how blessed i am to have such special friends of the heart. That's how I think of all my Spark Buds. I have never met any of you, except Bob, my hairdresser, and my SIL. But it's ok. I have never felt closer to any group of friends I have as I do here. There is so much support, good advice and caring here. I know some have had bad experiences. I am fortunate not to have that- so far. It seems to me that most of my friends don't post or comment unless they have something positive to say or really hurting in some way. I have very young friends and some my own age and perhaps a little older, but taking this journey together gives us a lot in common. We understand. We care. We can laugh or cry at ourselves. We can cheer each other on and try to keep everyone on track, but letting them know it's ok to have an off day - or even a week. We only want the very best for each other. We want us all to be the very best we can be. Thru thick and thin, we are here for each other. What I often find is, I have a lot of friends and/or teams in common with those I add as friends. A lot of us know each other here.
I often read blogs that my friends go to and find such interesting things. So often I'll go on and visit home pages and ask to be friends as I find we belong to same teams, have friends the same, and/or interests in common.
Attitude of Gratitude is what i call the journal that I started when I started my second cancer journey. I have tried to list things for which I am grateful. I also add inspirational quotes, songs that lift me when I'm down, and favorite Bible verses. It is getting fairly full, but I add this site and my buddies here nearly once a month. I also say daily prayers for all of you for happiness, if you are hurting for healing, and for you to enjoy this journey we are all making together. When I do get down - like the other day - I get that out and read what I have written. Or i come and read comments on my page and my blogs.
I would suggest if you have a similar problem, that you might try the same thing. It really does help!! Sometimes i wish I had started it for my
BC journey. I did try to keep track of everything on that one. More so than I did on the second one.
Well, I do believe that is it for today. I know, I know, you never realized how verbal I can be. Remember when I blogged about my mama saying I started talking before i was 2 and haven't shut up since? That should have been a B-I-G clue for y'all!
Have a great week to all my Buds. I really do love all of you.
Peace,Love,and Hope for the cure.
Get An Email Alert Each Time EVWINGS Posts