Saturday, November 13, 2010
The needle biopsy wasn't done. The doctor said it is about an inch and a half. We all talked it over and decided to hve it removed at the hospital for several reason, but the most important to me is if it is positive for BC, they can go ahead and take the necessary tissue around it. Had I had the aspiration in his office it would be about a week to find out and if positive, I would have to go to the hospital anyway. Bob asked the doctor about if we went ahead with the office and it was negative. The doctor pointed out in that case we would have to continue keeping an eye on watching if it grows with the possibility it could be positive. We all decided for my best health removing it would be best. I go to the hospital to have it out on Thursday the 18th. I have to go to radiology 1st and the will work with the two mammos and the ultrasound to guild them and insert a wire that the doctor will use that as a marker for the surgery. Some more waiting, but at least when I go home, I'll know one way or another. Strange coincidence, my surgeon went to Ohio University for med school. That is where my brother has taught for 40 years!
Tonight the Gators play South Carolina in the Swamp. Both teams are good, so this should be a real nail biter. Then Sunday the Jags play. Both teams won last week so I'm hoping it'll be the same this weekend,