Friday, January 14, 2011
Hi everyone ~
There has been a new team made, and with all those teams out there I think this one has a lot of potential. It is called "Spark The World"....it is all about spreading the Spark and motivating others while being motivated yourself.
I think we should all pitch in and make our mark on this team, don't you think?
If you agree, here is the link to join up :o}
Thanks for thinking of joining, and as always have a beautiful and healthy day!!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Today was rough. I'm not gonna lie. TOM finally hit me yesterday morning, which meant that this morning I woke up in agony. I've always had issues with horrible, horrible cramping, and it is always out of control in the morning after a night w/o ibuprofen. So, I had the perfect excuse for why I "couldn't" make it to the gym this morning to run. Besides, my calendar said I only had to run 3 miles, so if I skipped it, it wouldn't be a big deal. I hit the snooze once.....then got up. Yeah, if I missed that run, I knew I would be wishing I had gotten up the rest of the day. And I decided not to take ibuprofen because my cramps actually seem to get better with exercise.
I then went and decided to push hard since it was a shorter run. I wanted to get a "PR" for a 5K and so I ran a bit harder. I just wanted to beat my previous PR of 29:15. I know it isn't an official one, but I wanted to boost my confidence a bit. I ended up finishing at 28:58, so I was pumped!
So, my day was all about staying busy as usual and I got a lot done today. I shoveled for half an hour to prepare for the storm tomorrow evening. I vacuumed the house. I took down the Christmas tree. I did the laundry. I washed the dishes.
Then, my day got a bit stressful, which was blown out of proportion by my crazy hormones. We have been in a long drawn-out process of refinancing our mortgage, and I was told today that we need to fax a copy of our 2008 W2's. I found them all, except mine. WTF???? So, I called the hospital's accountant (where I work) and left a message. She must've had the day off because she never called back. Then, when I go to pick up Kaylee from daycare, the provider told me she has an appointment tomorrow morning at 9 so can't have Kaylee until 10. Okay, #1? Thanks for telling me this at 4:20 p.m. the day before. #2? Great. Why can't she EVER schedule anything between 10-3 so I can use my lunch hour to watch her while she is having the appointment? My husband can't watch her, my mom can't watch her, so I have to watch her and I cannot use PTO because I need it for Cancun, every bit of it. So, now I have to work tomorrow from 10 to 5 and then make up the other 2 hours after Kaylee goes to bed because my DH also works at the grocery store until midnight. So, probably working 10-5 and 7:30-9:30. Great.
I made tater tot hotdish for dinner tonight. I tracked it and had planned to have 1 cup of it for 10 WW points. DH ended up being late for supper, so while waiting, Kaylee got really hungry. I fed her a banana, but she wanted more. I then decided to make her a slice of toast. I took a bite and thought it was SOOOO tasy, SO I had to get myself a slice. And another slice.
Then I ended up having 1-1/2 cups of hotdish instead of 1 cup. I felt so bad for doing that. Probably an extra 300 calories total for my day, but I felt like I had totally gone overboard. I think I need to watch that because that really wasn't that bad. I probably burned that while shoveling and doing all that cleaning today, not to mention the run this morning. Not every day is going to be perfect, and at least I stopped. I did have cravings the rest of the night, but I talked them out with DH. Then he proceeded to buy Red Vines. Jerk.
Moving on from my long drawn out story, here is my recap:
1. Nutrition: Mostly a repeat of Wednesday since it was so yummy! I want the oatmeal with PB, banana, and skim milk for Breakfast. I want the scrambled egg whites (and 1 regular egg) with peppers and onions and turkey bacon again for lunch. Fruits and veggies for snacks. I am making a hamburger hotdish for supper, and I can have 1 cup of it. I will have to track it...okay back from tracking and it will be 10 points, plus a slice of bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter light. Yummy! until suppertime. Had a half cup more of the hotdish, and 1 slice extra of bread (toasted). My day otherwise was good and filling.
2. Water/Caffeine (day #13): 130+ ounces of water (especially during TOM), and 1/2 can of Diet 7-Up. I had 140 ounces of water and the usual can of noncaffeinated pop.
3. Fitness: Run 3 miles. Do core work at home to make up for not doing it Wednesday. Walk dog around block. mostly. I skipped core work. I did the run, and I did walk the dog around the block.
4. Busy, busy, busy!!! Including cleaning and organizing. Put away Christmas tree!!! except for that 1 hour when DH was late for supper at an appointment. I did a lot!
5. Be productive at work and try to reach incentive pay lines. for the most part since we ran out of work. I worked hard when there was work available!
6. Go to bed by 9:00. I am heading there now.
Goals For Friday:
1. Nutrition: The usual. Fuel my body. Focus on protein, fiber, lower fat, lower carb. Veggies. Fruits.
2. Fitness: Sun-up Class which includes 20 minutes of hardcore spinning followed by 25 minutes of Pump-It. Walk dog around block.
3. Water/caffeine-free day #14: 130+ ounces of water.
4. BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!
5. Try not to let things stress me out. Keep goals in mind. FOCUS. Do not let TOM make my choices for me.
6. Go to bed after work tomorrow night at 9:30.
Countdown to Cancun: 49 days with 15 pounds left to lose ;o}
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I had one of the most delicious food days so far that didn't include junk food ;o} For breakfast, I had plain oatmeal, mixed in 1 tablespoon of reduced-fat peanut butter, sliced a banana on top, and put 1/4 cup of skim milk on top. For lunch, I made scrambled egg whites with sauteed red and green peppers, onions, and 3 slices of turkey bacon on the side. For dinner, I had chicken stir fried in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, pepper, and seasoned salt with broccoli and cauliflower on the side along with a baked potato with ICBINB and reduced-fat sour cream. NUMMY! Snacks were apples and clementines, and then my afternoon snack was tuna with a bit of mayo and pickles cut up in it.
I had a couple of minor cravings tonight, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was surprised at how I did considering my TOM finally DID hit this morning, and I was HUNGRY ALL FLIPPING DAY. The thing is, I had the best day ratio-wise for carbs/protein/fat, and I had 140 ounces of water, but I just had that hunger still with me. So, I chewed gum.
I did spinning this morning at 5:40 and did 21.5 miles in 50 minutes. Gawd, I love the sweat generated from that workout.
So, my day:
1. Nutrition: My best friend (who is a lifetime member at WW) and I made a pact that we would have at least 4 days of "Simply Filling Days" which are basically what I should be doing anyway. It is high protein, freggies, and whole grains. Today will be one of those days. For breakfast, thinking something different. I am going to have oatmeal with a banana and skim milk. For lunch, egg whites with veggies and tuna on the side. For dinner, 3 oz of chicken breast and a baked potato with RF sour cream and broccoli/cauliflower. For snacks, clementines and apples. I did add in a couple of extra things for protein (like PB and turkey bacon). I am so happy with how I did food-wise. I knew today would be tough and that is why I made sure to REALLY plan it out step by step so that I wouldn't fall off track. I did leave a few points extra just in case I had something for a snack, but I didn't need them. SCORE! Sorry...it's just that my intake was always the most inconsistent part of my routine and why I feel I was in a plateau for so long. I am so happy that I now have it under control.
2. Water: 130 ounces minimum with 1/2 can of Diet 7-Up (day #12 with no caffeine). I got in 140 ounces plus my 1/2 can of Diet 7-Up. :o}
3. Fitness: 50 minutes of spinning/ST followed by an abs class and after that some followup Nautilus ST. Walk dog around the block no matter how windy, cold, icky. Walk around the mall with Kaylee and one of my friends after work. for what I wanted to get done. I did the spinning, but there wasn't an abs class, and I decided to just go home because the ST I did during the spin class KILLED me. I walked around the block with my dog. I didn't go to the mall since my friend canceled (migraine).
4. Sleep by 9:00. Going to bed earlier is serving me well. Very well. as long as I get in there in 15 minutes! I better get moving!
5. Keep busy, busy, busy! No longer a problem. I always have things to do!
6. Love myself :o} I am finally beginning to appreciate myself for being me. That is so important!
7. Oh, and do my Wednesday morning weigh-in for the Periwinkles (another reason I eat less Tuesday nights). and I was down 1.4 pounds from last Wednesday! Yay Periwinkles
My Goals For Thursday:
1. Nutrition: Mostly a repeat of Wednesday since it was so yummy! I want the oatmeal with PB, banana, and skim milk for Breakfast. I want the scrambled egg whites (and 1 regular egg) with peppers and onions and turkey bacon again for lunch. Fruits and veggies for snacks. I am making a hamburger hotdish for supper, and I can have 1 cup of it. I will have to track it...okay back from tracking and it will be 10 points, plus a slice of bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter light. Yummy!
2. Water/Caffeine (day #13): 130+ ounces of water (especially during TOM), and 1/2 can of Diet 7-Up.
3. Fitness: Run 4 miles. Do core work at home to make up for not doing it Wednesday. Walk dog around block.
4. Busy, busy, busy!!! Including cleaning and organizing. Put away Christmas tree!!!
5. Be productive at work and try to reach incentive pay lines.
6. Go to bed by 9:00.
Countdown to Cancun: 50 days with 15 pounds left to lose ;o}
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I had an overall great day today, though I didn't hit some of my goals, primarily my ultimate weight goal at WW. I did hit my 2-pound lost goal of 161 there, but I wanted to be 160. It's okay, though, since I know I will hit it next week. I just want to be done paying $40. That is my motivation for hitting 160.
I ran 6 miles this morning instead of 5 basically because I decided to run for an hour, not set a mileage goal. I was happy with it and had some fun with my increase and decrease in mph throughout the run. I had fun running for 4 minutes at 6.5 mph. I knew I could have done it longer, but I wanted to pace myself. Maybe I did it staring at the hot trainer's butt running in front of me (hey, I'm human), but whatever floats the boat for motivation, right? It was weird, though. My left hip was tweaking the slower I ran and basically hurt whenever I ran less than 6 mph. The faster I ran, the better it felt, and was nonexistent at 6.5 mph. Hmmm.
I would rather not say how my eating and drinking was today, but I have to. It's all about honesty on here, right? So, on my weigh in at WW day, I have the same routine that I have had since I started in Sept 2009. It is not the healthiest way to go, I fully understand that, and I do not endorse anyone else to do it this way, but it is a consistency thing for me. I get up at 5, eat a banana, go work out, and basically have only water until noon, and nothing after then until I weigh in. I could go to another meeting that has an earlier time for me to weigh in, but the Tuesday weigh in is my favorite. It just is. The leader rocks my socks off and I have come to know each and every one of the many, many people who go to this meeting. I know that once I hit my maintenance I will be able to eat/drink throughout the day before weighing in because as long as I am under 160 (which my ultimate goal is 150) I will be fine to weigh in, and I only weigh in once a month as a lifetime member.
I really don't need advice for the last paragraph as I am fully aware of how not healthy it is to do that, but I just cannot step on that scale confidently if I have had lunch, or had been taking in fluid after noon. It's just the way that is. Won't be that way much longer if I continue on the same path I have been taking for the last few weeks.
Moving on....I had my somewhat heavier dinner, but still only 11 points out of the 29 I get in my day. I drank a lot of water, too, but "only" hit 80 ounces today rather than the 120+ I aim for.
For the rest of my recap/goals met:
1. Nutrition: Protein, freggies. 29 points maximum. Make good choices. in that I had less than 29 points. I had 20 points including multigrain penne pasta, marinara sauce, 1% cottage cheese, and a slice of white bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I had 2 bananas. I know how bad of a meal plan this was for today, but my Tuesdays, honestly, are exempt from my meal planning. This has been, for a long time, considered my "bad/cheat day" though recently this has changed to just "bad day" w/o cheating (i.e. pigging on fast food/having a footlong sub just because I didn't eat all day long).
2. Fitness: 5-mile run planned for the morning. Treadmill time, baby, since this week is horrendously cold. Just frostbite cold. Try to do some SP fitness videos on lunch hour, but won't beat myself if I don't since it is all gravy. I did a 6-mile run, took a nap on my lunch hour, and took my dog for a walk around the block. Good times :o}
3. Water/Caffeine: 120 ounces, half can of Diet 7-Up (day #11, baby!!!). Goal halfway or so met. I had 80 ounces of water and a 1/2 can of the Diet 7-Up.
4. Don't stress about the weigh-in. What happens, happens, but I know I did the best I could this week. I didn't let today's weigh-in get to me. In the past, I would have called my 2-pound loss a failure and hit up McD's on the way home. Instead, I laughed and had fun throughout the meeting, had a banana on the way home, and shared my pasta dinner with my daughter, reading her a bedtime story after.
5. Be in bed by 9:15. It's going to be another early night, most likely in bed by 8 p.m. since while I have been good, I am having a couple of cravings though I am full. I will watch TBL tomorrow :o}
6. Make a To-Do list for organizational purposes (spring cleaning, etc.) just for fun.... I didn't do this because I didn't remember to ;o}
7. Enjoy the fact that my daughter is 18 months old this day!!!!
My goals for Wednesday:
1. Nutrition: My best friend (who is a lifetime member at WW) and I made a pact that we would have at least 4 days of "Simply Filling Days" which are basically what I should be doing anyway. It is high protein, freggies, and whole grains. Today will be one of those days. For breakfast, thinking something different. I am going to have oatmeal with a banana and skim milk. For lunch, egg whites with veggies and tuna on the side. For dinner, 3 oz of chicken breast and a baked potato with FF sour cream and broccoli/cauliflower. For snacks, clementines and apples.
2. Water: 130 ounces minimum with 1/2 can of Diet 7-Up (day #12 with no caffeine).
3. Fitness: 50 minutes of spinning/ST followed by an abs class and after that some followup Nautilus ST. Walk dog around the block no matter how windy, cold, icky. Walk around the mall with Kaylee and one of my friends after work.
4. Sleep by 9:00. Going to bed earlier is serving me well. Very well.
5. Keep busy, busy, busy!
6. Love myself :o}
7. Oh, and do my Wednesday morning weigh-in for the Periwinkles (another reason I eat less Tuesday nights).
Countdown to Cancun: 51 days with 15 pounds left to lose, according to MY scale ;o}.
Monday, January 10, 2011
This morning was great: I started out the day working my butt off in a 50-minute spin class with upper body ST. I followed that up with a 15-minute ab class which rocked my abs. I had a great breakfast, great start to my work day, got our furnace fixed, and then it all went downhill. I started getting really hungry. I started feeling lazy. The repairman didn't leave until after noon, so I didn't even take a break before then from work figuring that my "break" was talking to the guy and filling out the credit card information.
My lunch hour was spent eating my lunch and watching Ellen. I didn't walk my dog. Went back to work. Kept on feeling hungry despite the fact that I had been chugging water, chewing gum, and eating fruits to tide me over until supper. Supper came and I was full, but seriously wanted something sweet. Like bakery sweet. Gimme cookies. That was my thought process. I vented to my husband, saying that I couldn't understand because I was feeling motivated more than ever for losing this weight, so why would I want something like a freaking cookie!? Especially the day before my weigh-in? I started questioning myself. Is it sabotage? Is it stressing about the weigh-in? WHAT IS IT???? I needed to get out of the house (stay busy and get away from food). So, we went to the grocery store. Sure, that's the place to go. But, I needed to pick up bananas, half cans of Diet 7-Up, and whole milk for Kaylee. During this time, Kaylee gets a cookie. I want it. So, I steered clear of her and her cookie until we left (and was jealous of DH for sneaking bites himself). We then went to K-Mart to get some more walking in. She hands me her cookie. I eat it. Yup. I did. Here is the kicker. I had the points to eat it. I had the go-ahead that if I really wanted that, I could eat it guilt-free. So, why am I feeling guilty???
Get home, and I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth (another deterrent to eating). I then realized...HOLY CRAP! I am a day late for having my period!!!! This MUST be PMS, then. I must be just craving sweets because my period is about to hit. The bloating I am feeling today makes sense, too, then. *sigh* what a rollercoaster day emotionally.
So, without further ado, did I meet my goals? Let's see:
1. Nutrition: 29 points, low-sodium, low-carb, high-protein, freggies since Tuesday is my weigh-in and I need to prepare for it!! I am thinking egg whites and 1 egg scrambled with mushrooms and turkey bacon for breakfast, low-sodium soup with broccoli for lunch, and chicken with a baked potato and veggies for supper. Fruits will be part of my snacks and supplement my meals. Besides the cookie, I had everything on this list for my meals. The only other addition was a nummy turkey sandwich for lunch with my soup. I did have pickles, so my sodium was up a little bit, but not too high. Oh, and my breakfast? DeLISH!!!!
2. Water/No caffeine day #10: 120+ ounces of water and 1 can of Diet 7-Up. I had 140 ounces!! And, half can of Diet 7-Up as usual.
3. Fitness: 50-minute spin and sculpt class in the morning with ST. Walk the dog once around the block. Do any extra during lunch hour. Goal not QUITE met. I did the spin and sculpt with ST and an ab workout, but I didn't walk the dog around the block (blaming the cold weather) and I lounged in the LaZBoy on my lunch hour.
4. Keep busy. If nothing else, clean. If low on work, clean. The weekends kill for cleaning because Kaylee is home all day, but need to catch up! I did this. Every time I got a craving, I did something. I did cleaning, cooking, and just plain left the house at one point because of the food cravings!
5. Go to bed by 9:15! I am in bed right now, and it is 8:00 p.m. I am thinking the earlier to bed tonight, the better for me.
6. Have a great productive day at work, stay focused, and be happy! .......Well, I was very productive at work, but my focus wavered, and my happiness was at about 85%. Goal mostly met, but not quite.
Goals for Tuesday:
1. Nutrition: Protein, freggies. 29 points maximum. Make good choices.
2. Fitness: 5-mile run planned for the morning. Treadmill time, baby, since this week is horrendously cold. Just frostbite cold. Try to do some SP fitness videos on lunch hour, but won't beat myself if I don't since it is all gravy.
3. Water/Caffeine: 120 ounces, half can of Diet 7-Up (day #11, baby!!!).
4. Don't stress about the weigh-in. What happens, happens, but I know I did the best I could this week.
5. Be in bed by 9:15.
6. Make a To-Do list for organizational purposes (spring cleaning, etc.) just for fun....
7. Enjoy the fact that my daughter is 18 months old this day!!!!
Countdown to Cancun: 52 days with 16.4 pounds left to lose.
Get An Email Alert Each Time ERINBEAR1876 Posts