Thursday, June 10, 2010
since I've blogged here... wow.
I can't say life is any easier these days:
1. I still struggle with my weight. I'm really not where I should be.
2. The impending fear of getting laid off (the email death sentence was sent out, just none of us know when, who or how much of a reduction we are going to have)
3. With that being said, working 2 jobs so I can pay all the bills and still have a little left over to have a little fun now and then.
4. With the last two being said, getting married in 3(ish) weeks... on the 4th of July. I've never understood why this joyous time has to be so doggone stressful. Rings should be here tomorrow. Still trying to work out logistics with the officiant. Thank God we didn't invite anyone. What a nightmare that would be!
1. I am healthy and in my healthy weight range. I look good.
2. I have a tremendous skill set. I have a variety of skills. If I do get the axe, well any other company would be stupid not to pick me up!
3. I love my second job as a paramedic. I love helping people. I do not love seeing them on their worst day, but I hope that I am doing something to make that worst day better.
4. I am so in love with the man I am marrying. He is a wonderful friend, lover and companion. There's no jealousy, no accusations, no insecurity... and no abuse. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with such a great man.
I am not usually one for positive self talk, but with the overwhelming amount of stress in my life right now, I need all the support I can get! Even if it comes from within.
And... I'm on day 4 without a drink. :) I plan to stay that way until Baby Burns (my best friend is pregnant) makes their appearance and then re-evaluate my situation... in January.