Friday, March 09, 2012
Oh my... If you don't want to read a "vent", I suggest not reading this blog...
Tuesday my dogsitter calls. He's taking care of my husband's dog while I'm home and husband is away on business. The dog ate about half a block of rat poison. She's a small dog (about 30 pounds), so he took her to the emergency vet. I guess they had her vomit many times and put her on vitamin K for a month.
My granny fell Tuesday at some point. My mom tried to get granny back into her chair and threw her back out. Mom called 911 because granny was talking out of her head. Fortunately, my dad was the medic on duty and took granny to the hospital. She had a fever, leg pain, high blood pressure, low SpO2. Fortunately again, the hospital is between my office and my house (and I happened to be in the office that day) so I went and sat with her until they admitted her into her room for observation (I got home after 11PM). All of her tests came back normal. They brought the physical therapist in to work with her leg and she was released Wednesday night.
I am not proud, so when my Mom called to say my granny was on her way home, I called a few of my firefighter buddies to help get her out of the car and into the house. We spent all of Wednesday afternoon/evening getting granny settled and trying to get my mom comfortable.
I still hadn't made hubby's birthday dessert (his birthday was 1 March). I spent last night making it. Tiramisu is a long, tedious process, but it is so good (and so bad for you). I make everything from scratch, including the ladyfingers. I finished it around 9PM last night in anticipation of his return on Saturday.
On top of all this, Jane has a cough and a sneeze. I am having to suction her nose a couple times a day. She does not like it.
I have NOT worked out since Monday. At least I have been eating okay.
HOWEVER! I have a date with a personal trainer set in April. She's also a physical therapist so I am looking forward to bombarding her with questions!! I can't wait to workout with a trainer again. Its been years!!
Anyway, thanks for "listening". Have a wonderful weekend!