Friday, March 30, 2012
I started a weight loss competition last week, and we had to get weighed in by a gym/doc. So, i went to curves. Obviously, I was fully dressed (not weighing in naked in public), so I decided the rest of the 12 weeks I'll weigh in dressed also to avoid over exciting myself.
That being said, I weighed in this morning:
I LOST 11.8 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, in 6 freaking days! WHAT?!?!?! AWESOME! INSANE! I knew I'd ate like crap for the last *cough* six months *cough*, but didn't realize what a jump start my body could do.
Definitely motivation to keep up the hard work I've done this week! I do not expect such high numbers ever again (b/c the highest I've ever lost in one week before was just less than 7, and that was a fluke), but, I do expect to still kick butt!
Yay! Go me!!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Breakfast: Oatmeal again
Lunch: Carrots, Celery and Green pepper slices w/ Roasted red pepper hummus; Banana, Apple
Dinner: Salad again.
Snack: Two servings of mini Reese's peanut butter cups.
Total in: 1397 (Carbs 231, Fat 42, Protein 43 - need to up this)
Total out: ~2700 (w/out biking)
Caloric deficit: ~1300
Total steps: ~7000
Sleep: 7 hrs 14 minutes (98% efficiency - thats just freaking unheard of! Awesome!!!)
I want (read: NEED) to bike tonight. But I'm sooooooo tiredddd!!!!!!
I forgot to work out on lunch today. Seriously, totally forgot. Not even the "don't look at the clock and you'll accidentally forget-forget". It was the first day my entire department seemed to take lunch at the same time, and I was just really enjoying everyones company! New job - must make great rapport!
Maybe I'll take a day off? What do ya'll think? Or, must I suffer?
I'm already looking to have 1300 caloric deficit for the day (including BMR)
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
I started a challenge w/ my cousin and her work and heatlhywage.com where the winning team gets $10K if they win. Its a five member team. Well, we're hell bent on winning of course! I could really use $2,000!!!!
So anyway, we're weighing in on Fridays, exercising daily, and reporting our nutrition to one another daily.
I send them an email every night, and I guess I figure I'll add it here too. Its just a nice reiteration of me kickin' butt w/ my spark friends! :)
(Also, my stepdad is going pound-for-pound against me, so my competitive side is seriously burning!)
**(All caloric burn/step/sleep numbers are coming from my body media. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask)**
(Pre weighin- breakfast):
Whole wheat toast
(Post weigh in - the challenge is ON!)
Lunch - missed it. late breakfast/early dinner
Pretty standard salad (Iceberg lettuce, green leaf lettuce, spinach, shredded carrots, strawberries, tuna fish, croutons, fat free vinegar and olive oil dressing)
More croutons :)
Total calories in: 1460
Total calories burned: 2205 (I wear a bodymedia arm band. Totally worth getting!)
Caloric deficit: 745 Calories
(Total steps only 1569! I was soooo sick Saturday I hardly left the couch)
Breakfast: Oatmeal (yumm)
Lunch (HUGE party for my gram, I did great considering!)
3 inch turkey sub
6 inch club sub
1 TINY square of cake (oohhhh, i wanted more)
2 chocolate chip cookies
Dinner: 1 bag of green tea
Snack: Popcorn w/ Parmesan cheese
Other: I drink 4C to-go water flavoring every day.
Total cals in: 1157
Total cals out: 2077 (Sat all day at the party. blah!)
Caloric Deficit: 920 calories
Total steps: 1860
Breakfast: Oatmeal again
Lunch: Carrots, Celery and Green pepper slices w/ Roasted red pepper hummus; Activia
Dinner: Probably a salad, but I'm not 'feelin' it' - so maybe I'll go for a lean cuisine tonight. Still undecided.
Snack: Bite of peanut butter egg (damn easter candy!); Half package of mini oreos
Total in: 1365
Total out: 2677
Caloric deficit: 1312
Total steps: 6200
Sleep: 6 hrs 41 minutes (96% efficiency)
Breakfast: Oatmeal again
Lunch: Carrots, Celery and Green pepper slices w/ Roasted red pepper hummus; Banana
Dinner: Two grands biscuits with progresso chicken and corn chowder soup (and 1/4 C flour) on top. O.m.g. better than chicken and biscuits!!!! And only 500 calories.
Snack: Half package of mini oreos
Total in: 1350
Total out: 2850
Caloric deficit: 1500
Total steps: 8000
Sleep: 6 hours 44 minutes (96% efficiency again!)
Did 15 minutes on the elliptical today at lunch. Holy hell. Anyone else think that is the hardest machine on the planet?! I was literally sweating after the first minute!
Monday, March 26, 2012
23 ways to boost your metabolism.
Just a really nice article about healthy living.
I want to get to all of these things! (Short version below, but you should read the entire thing)
1. Build Muscle - Working on it! Started weights again today
2. Interval Cardiovascular Exercise – (High and low intensity) - Working on it - starting cardio again tomorrow
3. Eat More Frequently – (Such as with 4-6 meals) - Did it today! First time ever.
4. Get Omega Fatty Acids –(Nuts, fish, fish oil supplements, olive oil) - Must try harder!
5. The MIGHTY Green Tea - Two nights in a row I've had it now!!! I'm doing great! :)
6. NEVER Force Your Body To PRESERVE Energy – (Small meals around 300 calories). - Got it.
7. START Right…. Breakfast! - Trying. I've been doing oatmeal. I'll add eggs soon I think.
8. Keep Away From Trans Fat - Done
9. Eat As Fresh As Possible – (Organic, raw, etc) - Trying harder lately! Just spent $60 on veggies this week!
10. Protein – Healthy protein (turkey breast, chicken breast, egg whites, nuts, organic fat-free milk, organic fat-free yogurt, whey protein shakes, and more) - Pretty good. Need to add more eggs!
11. Avoid So-Called “Healthy” Foods – “Low carb” “Low fat” Etc… - Done
12. Go Green – Dark green leafy veggies - Done.
13. Detoxify Your Body – (Drinking more water, eating fiber, eating foods such as berries or green tea) - Done!
15. The Number One Essential – Water! - Oh yeah! (4C to go is the greatest thing on the planet!)
16. THIS Each Day Keeps The Doctor Away – Apple! - Trying. I just bought some.
17. Berries - Just bought some too
18. Make It SPICY! - I freaking love spicy!
19. Avoid Eating Too Late At Night - Done.
20. You Cheater! – Have cheat meals/days - YAY!
21. Deep Breathing – Must start.
22. Getting Good Quality Sleep – Sleep straight for at least 7-8 hours EVERY night --- I'm trying!! New job makes it hard
23. Reduce Stress – LAUGHING! -- Working on it. New job should help this a ton! :)
I'M ON MY WAY!!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time EM4488 Posts