Monday, June 29, 2009
With June closing it is a good time to look at those goals and re-evaluate if needed.
My writing goals for 2009:
1. Finish writing Ephram's Defiance. Then edit and rewrite. - I haven't finished yet. But I did get back to writing it. I have chapter 15 done.
2. Finish and do second draft of Hellenic Distractions. - First draft is finished. Second draft is almost started with my decision to cut the prologue.
3. Write horror and sci-fi short stories. - I have done a few horror-like stories for contests. Am working on a supernatural one from the prompt "if you woke up in a grimm's fairy tale".
4. Submit something for publication. (one short story at least) - Over 2 months ago I submitted "So I Said To My Shrink" to the Orson Scott Card Medicine Show magazine. It's my first sci-fi short story about an alien talking to a human therapist.
5.Write another children's story. - I wrote a couple first drafts during a picture book writing week. Sent one to my mom for Mothers' Day.
6.Get focused on ideas and maybe not think of too many more (have 43 already) - as if I could really stop myself from thinking of two many. My "focus" is on 4 novels right now. Some think that is too many. lol
7. Write hero novel. - Chapter one is done. Nothing else. Want to finish the teen first draft first. Then this one.
If I have time, maybe write A Cinder Tale. - This one is a no go. I have decided to write a witch/vampish tale right now instead since it's one of my few ideas that has a female main character. I am writing chapter two of Blood Prophesy now.
Wow.... I feel accomplished. This past month felt very down about writing because for most of it I wrote zero fiction. And yet I have worked on my goals this year and from the looks of it, doing much better than I ever expected.