Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Today the was kind to me and said I now weigh 140.5. That's the lowest it's been since I started here on SP, and was a welcome surprise! Usually I weigh in on Mondays, but this week I've been looking every day because I was so grumpy about Monday, when it actually showed 144.5! There's no way I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days, and I know things fluctuate/water weight/sodium and all that, and that's why I only weight once a week, usually. But It actually helps to see the huge difference between Mon and Wed, because... well, WTH?! Kinda crazy.
Anyway, I'll go back to only weighing once a week after this week of experimenting, but I can tell you this: it seems I'm LUCKIER on Wednesday, so that's going to be the day from now on! LOL!
I feel good, too, because the last two days in a row I've actually been in the low range of my calorie suggestion, and even though I've been hungry, I haven't done anything stupid like open the box of Cheeze Its. Here's hoping I can keep that up!!!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Achieving 138 by April 8th was going to be a stretch, anyway, but the fact is I didn't make my goal. In fact, my weight has apparently gone up again. Last week during spring break I didn't even exercise like I should have.
I'm pretty depressed about the whole thing today.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
1. Sparkpeople Points! Don't know WHY, but I am rather addicted to earning those dumb little virtual awards. It keeps me coming back here, where I see and read stuff that helps motivate me every day.
2. Water! I've been drinking at least 32 ounces a day, and usually more. I actually gave up Diet Coke/sodas for Lent, so I've had no choice but to drink water. I feel good about kicking that habit and hope it sticks after Easter. We'll see.
3. Lunchtime workouts. When I first joined I had decided 5:00 a.m. was my only recourse. But, um... 5:00 a.m. is HARD. So instead I've been using my lunch hours to workout. I miss that handy errand-running hour sometimes, but I've managed to get done what I need to do. I guess it's also because I needed a break from lunches out with my co-worker. Too much of a good thing, you know? Lunchtime is MINE now and I enjoy the me-time.
4. Fruits. I could stand to add more veggies to my menus but I'm getting at least 2-3 fruit servings a day.
5. Whole grains. I've been eating whole grain crackers (Triscuits), ww pita bread (YUM), ww pasta, and a whole lot less junk like Cheeze-Its.
6. Sun Salutations! I've been doing them pretty faithfully, every morning at 9:30. It's a nice break from my desk - I go down to the gym in our buildilng, do some gentle breathing, strong planks and down-dogs for 5 minutes, then put my shoes and socks back on. I LOVE this habit.
So that's 6 things that are definitely working! It's good to focus on the positive, right?
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Late last week I noticed that SP had upped my suggested calorie intake. I'm unsure why they did this but I think it's because I added some exercises to track, on March 25. (I didn't end up doing them.) But why would the suggested calories go up so noticeably, for more than just that day? (My suggested goal used to be 1200-1400, and now it's 1500-1800.)
Does the system recognize from my logging fitness that I'm working out more, and therefore need more calories? That seems pretty sophisticated. And I know I went up a pound, but it doesn't seem like that should make such a difference either.
Yesterday I was right at 1500 which I feel good about, but it makes me nervous. I guess if they're healthy calories and not ice cream and cookies, it'll all work itself out?
I don't know, has anyone had this happen?
Monday, March 28, 2011
I behaved more intelligently than usual during the weekend, as in:
-did not eat any full meal made of fast food;
-did not overeat; had reasonable portions;
-drank more water
But I also:
-did not workout;
-did not resist stupid night-time snacks (chocolate chip cookies).
And I weighed-in 1 lb up.
So I give a big raspberry ppbbllltt, and thumb my nose to the scale and my poor behavior.
On the other hand, high five for the good stuff!! Including the healthy lunch I ate today, and the Monday run I just completed (23 minutes, 122 calories burned). Just trying to stay positive and KEEP AT IT.
Like the goose in Charlotte's Web said, "TRY, TRY, TRY."
Get An Email Alert Each Time EL-E-E Posts