Tuesday, March 19, 2013
I was just getting ready to type up a bunch of whining about my job, here. But No. Delete, delete, delete. Why weigh myself down with negativity? I could say I was "getting it out of my system," but I could also say it's planting it IN my system, just by acknowledging it. So, No.
Here are five positive things instead:
1. I am learning to make better meal choices and to have reasonable portions.
2. Today I can be productive (because the usual interruptors are away from the office)
3. I will also have the leeway to take a bit longer lunch and get in a workout
4. I have hired a contractor -- a task that I had dreaded, from making the first phone inquiry (I hate having phone tasks). It's done, he's coming next week to do the work.
5. My husband and kids love me and that's all I really need to know!
(and one more... I weighed in a little bit down today at 144.2! Progress!)
Hope you have some positive thoughts to get you through today, too!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
After last week's disappointing weigh-in (gain, gaaahhhrrr), this week it looks like I'm back on track. -Ish. I was 144.4, then up last week, and this week 144.6. Whew. I mean, I wish it was a loss, but it's back on track.
But if I'm going to get to goal I'm going to have to up the ante, that's clear.
I'm really proud of turning myself around and making fitness a part of nearly every day, with the 10-min-a-day Challenge - it really helped me. And ten minutes DOES make a difference in how I feel, even if I don't see the pounds decrease on the scale.
But I've got to really push to keep the calories in the low range, and add some longer workouts, if I want to see a difference. So here is a kick in my own butt. KICK.
YOU HAVE TO SWEAT SOMETIMES to MAKE A CHANGE.
Monday, March 11, 2013
I laugh in my general direction on Friday, thinking I would accomplish all that. Ha. Hahahahaha! Silly girl.
I did finish Downton Abbey -- #1 priority, of course! Heh. It actually WAS a priority because I needed to edit an article at work that had spoilers! So I couldn't do my work without finishing the series myself. Kinda funny!
I didn't paint any trim, do any big cleaning, or go shopping, and I NOT take any long walks. Boooooo. However, I did something even better: Roller skating! My daughter's friend had a birthday party and it was her first time at the roller rink... but not mine. Ohhh, I remembered the many Saturdays at the roller rink growing up, and even the white skates w/ red & blue laces that I loved so much. I put on a pair of rentals and went around a few laps. Much more slowly than I used to! Would have like to do more but my daughter wanted someone holding her hand, understandably. It was super fun. I would do that every weekend if I could!
I also threw the frisbee a bit outside with my son. He loves doing that, and so do I.
Fun fitness for the win!
Then we had a 3-hour Cub Scout banquet on Sunday, bleh. Mexican food was served. I probably undid all those fun fitness minutes. But it was time with friends and supporting a good cause.
I still love the weekends even when my plans are derailed!
*I can't believe there isn't a skating emoticon?!?
Friday, March 08, 2013
Man, this week has seemed long. (As most of them do.... no, really, I AM a happy person...) I am so glad it's Friday. I'm wanting to do a lot this weekend.
1. Finish Downton Abbey! I have 2 DVR'd episodes left. (They're both 2 hours!)
2. Start painting some of the trim in the house. Baseboards first. Won't that be FUN!??
3. Get in a long walk BOTH DAYS. Or a long DVD workout, but the weather's supposed to be gorgeous so fingers crossed, I'll get my butt outside!
4. I'm sure I should say "clean house" too. Boooooo.
5. Read my book!? I don't know when but I'm hopeful.
6. Do some shopping! I am sick of all my clothes and shoes right now. Hopefully spring's on its way to Georgia so that will help, but in that case.... spring! new clothes!
Bah. I know I won't get to do everything on the list. Husband has a different set of plans, I'm sure, and we'll have to compromise some things.
I do love the weekend, though!
Get An Email Alert Each Time EL-E-E Posts