Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Well sometime has gone since I last blogged about my journey and while I had some hick up mid June it was nothing I couldnít recoup from but it stalled my weight loss. I managed to get back into some bad habits but I know the culprit that sent me back to my old ways. Emotional eating is my culprit -- financial & work stressors will do me in. I have no control over it and I finally decided to let things go because ironically things are falling into place and no matter how much I stress things happen, I just have to let it go and make good sound decisions whether painful or not but then that gives me back the control in order to make it better in the end. So small sacrifices made will bring success in all aspects of my life. I know my husband will find a job eventually and so far God has not failed me because I found something on the side to help supplement our incomeÖ so my last 3 weeks of fighting with myself emotional eating has been a waste of time. Again, I am learning to say what the heck and let things fall as they must it will work out always. Any hoot, I was feeling fat and ugly yesterday afternoon, I had gotten home from camping this past weekend, it was a happy time, my good friend got married on the beach. I thought I had eaten badly but really after journaling last night and this morning I found I really hadnít done that bad plus all of the little walking back and forth to the beach to help put chairs out and watching little kids on the beach, walking to and from the potty house, small walks to the light house we visited and packing and unpacking the camping gear must have worked because I lost 4 pounds. I got on the scale 4 times, the last time I asked my husband to read the numbersÖ This was good because I was feeling bad yesterday and it motivates me to get back on real track, weighing my foods and going back to planning my menus and sticking to them. I am grateful to my TOPS Pals who kicked my butt when I asked them to. Iím taking the motivation and running with it!!! I have lots to go but small steps is how I like it. Want to break to 280ís by 7/27 weigh in and then I will have another 10# to make my other goal to labor day of leaving the 270ís. I can get it done I have lost a grand total of 34.9 since I began and a total of 25# in the past 11 weeks! I have been motivated in the past but this time Iím not stopping I havenít been this low in 3 years, I was going the wrong way, no more! Iím sliding to the left not to the right of the scale!!! Okay as my favorite song says: THIS IS MY MOMENT!!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Tops & Spark Friends
Plan of action:
Continue to cook with minimal process foods eating as fresh as possible.
Exercising Daily! 25 mins!
Telling myself I am worth it when I wake up and look at myself in the mirror I am worth it and I love me!
Measuring to ensure portions
Water, water and more water!
Support my PInk Team!
Monday, May 10, 2010
My life has changed since I started looking in the mirror on 4/21/10 in the past few weeks I have made a lot of changes to be proud of.
1. I have choosen not to eat process foods (well as much as I can avoid them)
2. I have a new love for my Forman Grill, every day I love myself enough to cook my dinner and lunch for the next day. I make grilled vegetables which I am really loving, I donít just have to eat salads, grilled Portobello mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, grilled sweet and regular potatoes and my newest find was Eggplant. I grill my proteins-fish, chicken, beef and or pork. I even grilled pineapple and mango and it was great.
3. I exercise with Richard Simmonís dvd-sit tight (I tore a tendon in my ankle while hiking)Ö
4. I journal my thoughts-prime example was I had a bad day yesterday and instead of eating I wrote what bothered me the lack of control over certain situations. I didnít eat!.
5. I track all of my food daily and maintain an average of 1400-1500 per day.
6. Drinking 8-12 cups of water daily
7. I measure all my foods and got a portion plate from TOPS and am actually using it.
8. I tell myself each day I love myself! It isnít lame anymore. Itís about a great attitude about me.
9. I cut back the soda pop to just a few days as a treat and now only drink a few ounces vs. a few bottles at a time. I no long crave it.
10. My blood sugar readings were at 166 -242 they are now 100-130 in the past 3 weeks
So in the past 3 weeks I have changed quite a bit and found it isnít hard, I found time to make me the priority and to use my love of cooking to cook for myself because I am worth it.
I have gone out for dinner with friends-I picked the restaurant and we ate at Applebeeís and I tried their tilapia Ė I had never had it, now I grill it home because I liked it.
That one simple homework from TOPS made me really look deep inside. I really feel I can do this, I hope to continue to write you with my status if it is okay and let you know how I am doing, I will finish this and continue my life change. Itís all about the portions, exercise and attitude!
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I will not do this. I will love myself enough each day to plan my meals and exercise!
I have lost 14# to date!
Get An Email Alert Each Time EBPOOKIE Posts