Tuesday, December 04, 2012
This is the best time of year...Christmas is a wonderful time to set new goals.
I am thankful for my Team of Champs II who have decided to encourage one another to set new goals. What??? December set goals??? A present to me!!!
A new mindset and this is what I have come up with:
1. Willingness to do something for me a trip to the gym, a walk, some lifting of weights, L.S.
2. Make it personal ~ a present for me Salads...full of crunchie veggies.
3. A Quality gift ~ fight for health... wear the fitbit and watch it click off steps...and calories burned!
4. Know my TRIGGERS ~ Wheat, Sugar, High Carbs (50-80) Clear out my cupboard, fridge of these temptations.
5. Count Calories ~ Replace with Count Your Blessings. Bite it/Write it!!
6. Thought Life ~ Healthy Fats, Brain Food, Desserts, keep it moderate. ???Positive ~ what melts fat away???
7. Eye Gate ~ "O, be careful little eyes what you see..O be careful little eyes what you see...for the Father up above is looking down in love."
8. Emotional Scars ~ know your family, past experience, what makes me think I must have another piece of cake, ten cookies, several bon bons? Work on knowing myself more clearly with wisdom from God.
9. Educate yourself ~ your experiences
10. Expectations ~ BE REALISTIC!!! MOVING TO GOAL.
11. FORGIVE YOURSELF!!!
LASTING RESULTS...FOR LIFE...HEALTHY HEART...LIVING...REALLY LIVING...
Taken with my Princess Mia...trying to jump out of my arms. 12/4/2012
Saturday, August 04, 2012
Chapter 6 MTC
Come up with a spiritual marker. Examples: frame a word that means the most to you, write the word “peace” on your scale, write your new name on a white stone.
Yes, COURAGEOUS!!!!! It takes awesome courage from God BECAUSE IT IS COMMITMENT IN STONE.
My one word is TRANSFORMATION...change, alteration, changed; substituted, modification, remodeling, reconstruction. revolution, reprogramming,refinement, revision, exchange the old for NEWNESS!
Written on a white rock and in my living room "TRANSFORMATION".
Philippians 3:21 says it like this...'He will transform our lowly bodies'...of course speaking of our heavenly bodies.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Chapter 3 ~ Getting A Plan
"My changing body revealed all my secrets...poor food choices were sabatoging my body, my mental energy, and even my spirit. Food had become like a drug. And, honestly, a good drug choice for a Christian woman. Every church event I attended readily provided my drug out in the open with no hesitation or judgement."
These are the words of Lisa Terkeurst author of Made to Crave.
Even as the hard work of digging, spading, planting, watering, weeding a garden reveal the end results; the proof of the result is in the PLANNING. The ultimate goal....aka end results will come when there is a specific PLAN.
Eating vegetables and fruit with abandonment, keeping the fat low (reading labels for nutrition values, and not buying anything higher than 4 grams of fat.), doing the same with carbohydrates (keeping a journal), sugar (reading the nutrition value and let it be the 3rd ingredient or more), protein at nutritional value. Using the Spark People tracking will show all these values. It will lay out for you a Healthy Heart Guide, a Diabetic Guideline, a low fat guide, Calcium values, Fiber values....all of this to produce a PLAN.
Now, that PLAN will only work if we WORK THE PLAN.
Someone had to learn the discipline of giving up some things and that someone was me!!! Those things were poor food choices that were sabotaging my body, my mental energy, and even my spirit. Did you get that .... past tense, were!!
"This journey will require you to make some tough sacrifices, but I've come to look at this process as embracing healthy choices rather than denying myself.
Speaking of gardens, I have a funny truth to share about the healthy eating plan I chose. Basically, I eat what a wild animal eats - meat and things that grow naturally from the earth. I was immediately encouraged by the possibilities of this new eating plan. I have yet to see an overweight animal in the wild lamenting over excess cellulite."
Along with Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forgetting the former things...
Psalm 34:4-8 "I sought the LORD, and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
Get An Email Alert Each Time EBLOOMING Posts