Monday, June 25, 2012
Record setting heat here in Colorado. That equals getting chores done in early hours while it'sstill relatively cool and siestas in the afternoon. Today I'll really need one. I'm moving the ice box out of it's nook and painting the area. I've also got more work to do on the back yard area. That and a little strength training.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Day 1 of 56
This season I was put on the Firecracker Team. Is that an inspiring name or what? It's already an active team as we have had pre-challenge challenges and got to prepare our minds and agendas for the coming weeks.
This week will be unique. I'll do my best . After all, life throws circumstances at us. First off, we're hitting 106 outside in the non-existant shade. It's difficult for me to eat when I'm hot, so I started my day off in the usual way at 4 am with a hearty, protien rich breakfast. I have lots of fruit to snack on. It goes without saying I'll be staying hydrated as always.
Secondly, I'll be having medical procedures done later in the week so will be fasting, yet again, to prep for it. My scale reading may be a little off, but that's ok. The point of all challenges is to spur us on, reinforce the good habits we've ingrained, and enjoy life along the way.
I'll update my numbers on my S-page. I'm going to thank all of you in advance for cheering me on! You all help me stay on track!
Monday, June 18, 2012
Todays "Daily Challenge Team" offered this challenge: Name 5 great things about yourself and write 3 positive goals to accomplish by the end of the year. The goals are to be specific. Hence, this blog.
1. Caring. I am emphthetic to folk's situations. I do what I can to help.
2. I listen. While I still need to listen harder, I do listen. People don't always want advice. They need to talk and be heard.
3. A good cook. Thanks to hubby allowing me to experiment with spices, etc., and his humor if something comes out a total flop, I aquired the confidence to be creative in the kitchen. Most things now come out flavorful and are worth making again. My food is also nutricious 99% of the time and and least lightened up the other 1%.
4. Consistent with diet and exercise. This has taken some time for all those baby steps to change to toddler steps and now walking. I am to the point that I can do what needs to be done without the proverbial checklist. That goes for tracking, too, for the most part, though I still and will probably always do it. The vacation I'm on has been the test and except for circumstances beyond my control I passed!
5. Spiritually I am growing. That is a process. My sprituality is one of the things that makes me strong when I need to be. I've come a long way on my walk with the Lord.
3 THINGS TO ACCOMPLISH IN 2012
1. Basic Sign Language (ASL). I didn't realize how much I had lost by not practicing. I will get into the groups or classes needed to be able to communicate again. Everyone has a dream in their heart and that has always been mine. Now is the time!
2. Goal weight. With just under 6 months left of 2012 I can accomplish this following my program. With each season I will focus on a new activity. This summer, water aerobics. Fall, probably dry cross-country skiing. It's a little early to decide on that one.
3. My parlor and kitchen will be re-done. I'm starting in the parlor with having the walls and ceiling painted and new flooring laid. Then a wall of the kitchen will be coming out to make room for a new a broom closet and enclosure for the ice box.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
It's off to a great start! I even enjoyed a small bowl of swiss chocolate gelato with dgd this afternoon without straying out of range!
Thursday, June 14, 2012
My sil asked dd how many times we ate out over our 5 day mini-trip to dgds graduation. Until she started listing them, I didn't realize just how many times we either ate out then had the sodium laden treats as a second meal. Those foods I wasn't able to track so somehow I turned off my radar to them.
I also had my radar off at the fast-food that was brought into the house. Chicken sandwiches from the local takeout and large slices of pizza. Then there was the party food. Ok, I only had a couple of chips and a diet soda and lots of water, so who's counting? For the first time in a very long time I ate the whole slice of cake that was handed to me. No guilt. It was delicious.
There was a send-off lunch for dd and I before we flew back to San Diego. I've missed my southern food so I did it up. Corn pone, bbq portk, fried okra and fried apples. Afterall, when will I get to be back in the south again? Besides, I reasoned, it was going to be a very long rest of the day.
Once on the flight back to San Diego I was hungry. I didn't understand. I mean hungry for a meal hungry even after that huge lunch. The trail mix, fiber bar and fruit dd and I packed didn't satisfy. I looked down to see very swollen ankles. I always swell when I travel so the lightbulb still hadn't gone on.
It was sil's simple question that turned the light on. How many times did you eat out?
I've been staying in range while at dd's house, and getting plenty of exercise in. I'm not going to kick myself at that 5 day time bubble. I'm going to remember how lathargic I was feeling and how bloated I got. The way I look at it, my body got a jolt so I'll probably, hopefully avoid a plateau.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DUSTYPRAIRIE Posts