Friday, February 28, 2014
PTL - it is in San Diego!
Treacherous driving today, with the winds and wetness. Expecting much more as the day goes on. I am so thankful for this rain. Hope everything gets soaked.
On the other hand, yesterday marked day 10 of my exterior house project and we are at a standstill because of the rain. Every window and including my sunroom is sheathed in plastic - thus casting a gloom over the entire house. So, now the project gets pushed back to Monday and there is an expectation that perhaps by Friday it will be complete. A 7-day project that has morphed into a 16 day odyssey. I am so ready for it to be done.
Time passes so quickly and then a friend from the east shared this with me yesterday:
Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400.00 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules.
The set of rules:
1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400.00 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, Game Over !
It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted right?
Not only for yourself, but for all people you love. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every cent, and use it all, right?
ACTUALLY This GAME is REAL!
Each of us is already a winner of this PRIZE. We just can't seem to see it.
This PRIZE is *TIME*!!!
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life,
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.
3. What we haven't lived up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING....
SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars.
Think about that, and always think of this:
Enjoy every second of your life,
because time races by so much quicker than you think.