Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Hello all, long time no blog.
I have hit a plateau that I cannot bust through (I have been on it for about a year I would say). Basically I lose a few pounds then gain them back, hovering in the 160s. I keep telling myself to keep with it but it is frustrating.
I have been doing well with nutrition, keeping track of what I eat and only having a few days going off track. Its funny though, when I think the scale will go up (after a weekend of not so great eating) it does not, but when I think I have been on track, there it goes on the rise. I am not perfect (and do not try to be, because that is unsustainable) but I am definitely making better choices, and the scale is not reflecting it.
I do some form of exercise almost every day (with exception of when my body needs a rest or just for the ocassional day off). I enjoy exercise and so this part is not hard for me. I have been changing it up from time to time. I think I just need to keep up of the exercise for now.
I think to hopefully kick start some more progresss I am going to start back on some monthly goals. I will set them at the beginning of the month and reevaluate at the end. Hopefully this will keep me more accountable and really, just give me some focus and motivation. I will set a wieght goal for the month as well as three other goals.
I think my major issues are in the nutrition realm so my goals this month will center around them. The goals are in caps with an explanation after.
Current Weight: 166.2
Goal Weight: 160.0
1. GET AT LEAST 7 HOURS OF SLEEP: Ok, I am usually pretty good with this one, I value my sleep. However, I find the nights that I do not get this sleep, I end up ravenous. I am an emotional eater that goes on binges at night, especially when I am tired.
2. TRY SPACING MY MEALS BETTER: Especailly in the office, I tend to eat when I am not hungry, going through the snacks and lunch by early afternoon. My nutrition tracker looks balanced (protein, carbs, fat, with a mix at each meal) but really, the food at work is all scrunched together because I give in the craving to food, even though I am not hungry, even sometimes full.
3. TRY TO SLOW MY EATING: Ok, I cannot do the 20min/meal right now, but I want to work towards this. I am trying to become a more mindful eater, but baby steps. I eat WAY too fast and have been try to slow down only to fail. I put down the fork between bites, drink water between bites, try to chew more, etc., but in the end do not get far, so baby steps. I have started setting to set a timer for 20min at dinner. The goal to just become aware of the time, not necessarily take 20 minutes to eat just yet. Small steps will hopefully help.
Well, I know this was a long post so if you are still reading, thanks for listening. Hopefully these goals, and writing them down, will give me the kick start I need!
Thursday, September 01, 2011
So, I am going to start something new this month....a monthly challenge for me.
I am on a pretty good track...I enjoy exercise and it is a major stress relief for me so I am pretty regular with that (minus vacation, but still active then). Food, I eat healthy most of the time and splurge from time to time to stay sane...but that is definitely where I could do better.
Anyway, I am going to focus on the normal things but pick one thing every month that I know I need to pay more attention to and work on improving in that area. I will choose it the first day of the month and work through it for the course of the month, updating and blogging on it minimally once a week to hopefully keep me accountable and help me fine tune a better game plan. Maybe this will help?
So at the beginning of the month I will declare the goal and 3 strategies to tackle it. Through the month I will assess these, both how I am at keeping to them and if they are working, and add things and thoughts as they come up. Blogging on this will come at least one week.
Anyway, one of my biggest issues is the NIGHTTIME BINGE! I am an emotional eater and nighttime is the worst for me, probably because I am tired from the day and stress is setting in. One turns into 100 (okay, maybe not that bad, butyou get the idea). So, here are some ideas I have to help me with this:
1. Get enough sleep (I have been having trouble sleeping lately so I am hoping to get that back on track but that is partially out of my control...it had been taking me 2hr to get to sleep)
2. I am going to give myself a treat every night after dinner that fits in my calorie range and planned so I feel like I am not dieting, and have a small splurge rather than binge (tonight is a healthy one, apple with pb!).
3. Keep busy at night...this is usually not a problem. One thing I am going to do is ban food from the couch.
And there it september...wish me luck!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
So I used a BMR calculator today and entered my height, weight an age. What I found was surprising...I was still not eating enough calories at the 1lb/wk goal. The lower end of my calorie range was over 100 calories below my BMR! Maybe that is why I am having issues? Anyway, I changed by weight loss goal to 0.75lb/wk which obviously will take me longer to loose the weight though, honestly, with my lack of success as of late it would have taken be that long if not longer. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling again! I have pretty much maintained my weight for about a year but I still would like to get in the healthy, not overweight range and maintain that. I fee healthier than I used to and I am no longer considered obese, which are both positives that I need to remember! Wish me luck!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
SO, I have been doing so reevaluating of a few things over the last few weeks and I have come to the conclusion that I need alter my plan of attack. Here are some thoughts and issues I have been having as of late:
1. I have been stressed lately about multiple things, some of which I know what they are, some of which I do not. I know that the the amount of stress and the severity of the symptoms at the moment are not in line with the stressors that I know are present. I need to delve into this.
2. Good sleep has basically been no existent lately. I have been "going to bed" in enough time to get ample sleep but I have been not been able to actually fall asleep (it took me 3hrs one night last week) and I have not been staying asleep. Also, I know that it has not been quality sleep I have been getting and it is starting to take its toll. Definitely need to get to the bottom of this.
3. Exercise is not my issue. I am getting plenty of exercise at varying intensities and from various sources. At least I am doing something right...
4. I am dealing with emotional eating. I am thinking that items 1 and 2 are not helping that.
5. I am actually eating better on the weekends from time to time. I am not as hungry then which makes me think that the emotional eating is a real big issue.
6. I am eating well, just too much, mixing the healthy fruits veggis and whole grain with the splurges (chocolate, alcohol, ICE CREAM). I am portioning things well but I am going back to the kitchen for another "helping" too much. I need to reel in the emotional eating...
7. I started my weightloss journey at 200lbs and spark journey at 180. Now that I am fluctuating between 160-165lbs and the 2lb goal that I had was not working for me. I just lowered it to 1lb which uped my calorie intake and will hopefully help with my eating issues, help with the "hunger"
Anyway, in short, I need to find a better way to "feed the hunger" emotionally and physically. Here's to a new approach and hopefully more results!
Get An Email Alert Each Time DROSS0616 Posts