Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Time to look back at the goals set in September. In an attempt to kick start some more progresss I decided last month to start monthly goals and blog about them. I set them at the beginning of the month and reevaluate at the end. Hopefully this will keep me more accountable and really, just give me some focus and motivation. I will set a weight goal for the month as well as three other goals.
I did not meet my weight goal of 160 but I went down, from 166.2 to 165.4. At least I am heading in the right direction. I had a few binge episodes, either after emotional days or days where I was tired. This is something that has hindered my weightloss journey and that I will need to continue to work on. I have also been dealing with medication issues so now that I hopefully got that under control things will fall into place.
Here is a reflection on by September goals:
1. GET AT LEAST 7 HOURS OF SLEEP: I did really well with this one and I think it helped. The days that I was really tired I tended to overeat.
2. TRY SPACING MY MEALS BETTER: I am getting better with this one but definitely still need to work on this. I think I will keep this a major focus because when I get home from work on days I do not do well with this, I tend to overeat.
3. TRY TO SLOW MY EATING: Still not there with this one, but trying...
Current Weight: 165.4
Goal Weight: 160.0 (lets try this again)
1. TRY SPACING MEALS: I think this is a key to helping with the night time eating (and binging) and it still needs some work.
2. DRINK 8 CUPS OF WATER A DAY, MINIMUM: I used to be really good at this but have fallen off the wagon. It may help me space my meals and help me feel less dperived of food. I may be dehydrated.
3. DO NOT EAT AT MY DESK OR IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER OR ON THE SOFA: I know its a bad habit, enough said.
Well, I think I am heading in the right direction but there is still work to be done. Hopefully these goals, and writing them down, will give me the kick start I need!
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Hello all, long time no blog.
I have hit a plateau that I cannot bust through (I have been on it for about a year I would say). Basically I lose a few pounds then gain them back, hovering in the 160s. I keep telling myself to keep with it but it is frustrating.
I have been doing well with nutrition, keeping track of what I eat and only having a few days going off track. Its funny though, when I think the scale will go up (after a weekend of not so great eating) it does not, but when I think I have been on track, there it goes on the rise. I am not perfect (and do not try to be, because that is unsustainable) but I am definitely making better choices, and the scale is not reflecting it.
I do some form of exercise almost every day (with exception of when my body needs a rest or just for the ocassional day off). I enjoy exercise and so this part is not hard for me. I have been changing it up from time to time. I think I just need to keep up of the exercise for now.
I think to hopefully kick start some more progresss I am going to start back on some monthly goals. I will set them at the beginning of the month and reevaluate at the end. Hopefully this will keep me more accountable and really, just give me some focus and motivation. I will set a wieght goal for the month as well as three other goals.
I think my major issues are in the nutrition realm so my goals this month will center around them. The goals are in caps with an explanation after.
Current Weight: 166.2
Goal Weight: 160.0
1. GET AT LEAST 7 HOURS OF SLEEP: Ok, I am usually pretty good with this one, I value my sleep. However, I find the nights that I do not get this sleep, I end up ravenous. I am an emotional eater that goes on binges at night, especially when I am tired.
2. TRY SPACING MY MEALS BETTER: Especailly in the office, I tend to eat when I am not hungry, going through the snacks and lunch by early afternoon. My nutrition tracker looks balanced (protein, carbs, fat, with a mix at each meal) but really, the food at work is all scrunched together because I give in the craving to food, even though I am not hungry, even sometimes full.
3. TRY TO SLOW MY EATING: Ok, I cannot do the 20min/meal right now, but I want to work towards this. I am trying to become a more mindful eater, but baby steps. I eat WAY too fast and have been try to slow down only to fail. I put down the fork between bites, drink water between bites, try to chew more, etc., but in the end do not get far, so baby steps. I have started setting to set a timer for 20min at dinner. The goal to just become aware of the time, not necessarily take 20 minutes to eat just yet. Small steps will hopefully help.
Well, I know this was a long post so if you are still reading, thanks for listening. Hopefully these goals, and writing them down, will give me the kick start I need!
Thursday, September 01, 2011
So, I am going to start something new this month....a monthly challenge for me.
I am on a pretty good track...I enjoy exercise and it is a major stress relief for me so I am pretty regular with that (minus vacation, but still active then). Food, I eat healthy most of the time and splurge from time to time to stay sane...but that is definitely where I could do better.
Anyway, I am going to focus on the normal things but pick one thing every month that I know I need to pay more attention to and work on improving in that area. I will choose it the first day of the month and work through it for the course of the month, updating and blogging on it minimally once a week to hopefully keep me accountable and help me fine tune a better game plan. Maybe this will help?
So at the beginning of the month I will declare the goal and 3 strategies to tackle it. Through the month I will assess these, both how I am at keeping to them and if they are working, and add things and thoughts as they come up. Blogging on this will come at least one week.
Anyway, one of my biggest issues is the NIGHTTIME BINGE! I am an emotional eater and nighttime is the worst for me, probably because I am tired from the day and stress is setting in. One turns into 100 (okay, maybe not that bad, butyou get the idea). So, here are some ideas I have to help me with this:
1. Get enough sleep (I have been having trouble sleeping lately so I am hoping to get that back on track but that is partially out of my control...it had been taking me 2hr to get to sleep)
2. I am going to give myself a treat every night after dinner that fits in my calorie range and planned so I feel like I am not dieting, and have a small splurge rather than binge (tonight is a healthy one, apple with pb!).
3. Keep busy at night...this is usually not a problem. One thing I am going to do is ban food from the couch.
And there it september...wish me luck!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
So I used a BMR calculator today and entered my height, weight an age. What I found was surprising...I was still not eating enough calories at the 1lb/wk goal. The lower end of my calorie range was over 100 calories below my BMR! Maybe that is why I am having issues? Anyway, I changed by weight loss goal to 0.75lb/wk which obviously will take me longer to loose the weight though, honestly, with my lack of success as of late it would have taken be that long if not longer. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling again! I have pretty much maintained my weight for about a year but I still would like to get in the healthy, not overweight range and maintain that. I fee healthier than I used to and I am no longer considered obese, which are both positives that I need to remember! Wish me luck!
Get An Email Alert Each Time DROSS0616 Posts