Thursday, January 09, 2014
Reasons my Diet/Exercise Plans have not worked well in the past:
1) Time, time, time.... I work a full-time job and have 2 young kids at home. In order to not pay for daycare, my husband works opposite hours from me so my evenings are busy with my 2 kids. I also live about an hour from my job, so close to 2 hours of my day are spent commuting. I got in really early so I can be home in time for my husband to go to work, so getting up early to exercise is very difficult.
2) Bored... I don't find exercise that exciting, even doing something that I enjoy. I prefer curling up a to a good book over going for a bike ride.
3) Eat well all day....snack before bed... I'm pretty good at eating healthy for breakfast and lunch but then at the end of the day after the kids are in bed, there is nothing I like more than relaxing on the couch with a glass (or 2) of wine, my favorite cheese crackers and some good sharp cheddar cheese. And continue eating beyond my allowable calorie range.
So, those are probably my top 3 challenges I have in my life. So how can I get past them??
1) Time. I need to force myself a minimum of 10 minutes of exercising a week. I will post my Win Today Checklist somewhere that will help remind me to do my exercises. If I squeeze them in early in the morning, then I'm done. If not, I can find a point in the evening to do them, even if I wait until the kids are in bed. I also need to commit myself to my new BurstFire DVD that I purchased last month. I can do this!!
2) Bored. Do something different every single day. That at least keeps things interesting.
3) Snacking before bed. I need to recommit to counting calories during the day. If I have any left over at bed time, then premeasure my snack and that's all I get.