Thursday, June 11, 2009
This game me a ray of sunshine today. I wanted to share it and maybe share the wonders and sunshine.
What an awesome and orderly GOD!!
God's accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs.
-the eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days;
-those of the canary in 14 days;
-those of the barnyard hen in 21 days;
-The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days;
-those of the mallard in 35 days;
-The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
(Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week!)
The lives of each of you may be ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way
for His glory, if you will only entrust Him with your life. If you try
to regulate your own life, it will only be a mess and a failure. Only
the One Who made the brain and the heart can successfully guide them to
a profitable end.
God's wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant.. The four legs of
this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other
quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge
body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four
fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.
The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first. A cow
rises from the ground with its two hind legs first. How wise the Lord
is in all His works of creation!
God's wisdom is revealed in His arrangement of sections and segments, as
well as in the number of grains.
-Each watermelon has an even number of strips on the rind.
-Each orange has an even number of segments.
-Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
-Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
-Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas,
and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and
the next row an odd number.
-The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all
kinds of weather.
All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks, and the Lord
specified thirty fold, sixty fold, and a hundredfold - all even numbers.
God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during
the day, so that Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had
a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and
temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that
were open and those that were closed!
Thus the Lord in His wonderful grace can arrange the life that is
entrusted to His care in such a way that it will carry out His purposes
and plans, and will be fragrant with His presence.
Only the God-planned safe life is successful. Only the life given over
to the care of the Lord is fulfilled.
I HOPE YOU FIND THIS AS FASCINATING AS I DID.....WOW!!!!
Where there is rain, a rainbow will shine through.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Yesterday was the 5th anniversary that my beloved sister joined Our Lord in Heaven.
Usually it is a really rough day for me since not only Bett was my Big sister , she was like a mother to me.
Yesterday I opened my emails there was a card from my sister's significant other who is still my family. It was so beautiful and said about the celebration of life and not the sadness and the closing was ... "A Big Hug from Bett and Me"
I finally understood so much and DH and I went to the movies and laughed and told stories, laughed and remember all the good times. Not only was Bett DH's sister in law she became his Godmother.
My new or for these two days( hope to keep it up) try to push past all the sadness and remember the good times especially the laughs..
What do they say... Laughter is the Best Medicine..
Share a laugh with those you love... even me..
You laugh might make all the difference to somebody.
Monday, June 08, 2009
My Cousin just emailed me this and I wanted to share it.
Regina Brett, 90 years old
THE PLAIN DEALER
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote "The 45 Lessons Life Taught Me".. It is the most-requested column I've ever written." My 'odometer' rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.(if you can)
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't
screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry. God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you, no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take 'no' for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster
with these words, "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative --- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matter s=2 0in the end is that you loved and were loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still 'a gift'.
Hope you liked it as much as I did. Really gave me much to ponder and prioritize.
Saturday, June 06, 2009
To day is weigh in and I wanted to lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks if it was me of long and not to long ago it would have been 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I guess Finally with age and SP comes wisdom.
I made my 5 lbs. and 1 more for a bonus., 6 lbs in 2 weeks!! To me from me a
what more can I say...i am happy and thrilled and feeling good about myself. I highly recommend applauding yourself too as I send my thanks to my loving DH for the support and all of you. For all the encouragement in these weeks.
Have a Super Day Everybody.. I know I am.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DRADISCH Posts