Monday, June 04, 2012
Today is the beginning of my new program to eat much healthier, and decrease my need for quick fix items. I also am on day 3 of no Pepsi/Mountain Dew, so the posts may get a little crazier as the day progresses .
I've set some more goals to motivate myself, which I need. And I have also decided to post these goals, to not only make me aware of my commitment, but to also foster support and encouragement from my Spark Friends. Here they go:
1. Stick to this new meal prep plan. On Saturdays, cut up all fruits and veggies for the week's meals, and other items that can be prepared in advance.
2. Make my breakfast and lunch the "night before" so I'm not grabbing something and running out of the house.
3. Stick to the running program, and do a minimum of 3 days a week running.
4. Stick within the 1200 calorie range for 14 days, to see if this weight program's Quick Start will help me in losing a couple UNWANTED pounds.
5. Be ready for my Birthday Celebration Weekend, and proudly wear the outfits I bought for the occasion.
6. Don't pig out at my god-granddaughter's 3rd birthday. Only limit myself to things within my plan (it's June 9th).
7. Complete two 5Ks (1 in August & 1 in October). Michelle has already agreed to participate with me. . .I'm so thankful.
8. Start swim class this week in hopes of completing 1 of the items on my Healthy Bucket List, which is completing the 3Disciplines @Belle Isle in 2013.
I'm off to a good start, which I actually started a little early. I've taken a picture of my lunch and snack this morning. I'm excited because I'm not beginning this alone. My girls have decided that they will start it too! We all took our measurements yesterday evening, along with our weight, to see the progress after the initial 14 days. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!
Friday, May 11, 2012
Yes, I can't believe it myself. Just when I was resigned to believe that it may never happen, I looked in the mirror this morning while preparing for the morning, and noticed it. A complete roll in my back was gone!!! I turned and looked again, and again, and flexed and looked again. Yes it was true, it was gone, like it had not been there for years shrinking but never quite disappearing. And I'm glad too. After doing 110 minutes of cardio the day before, and making a slow drag to my bed after taking some pain relievers for my thighs, I was beginning to believe that maybe my body won't reach the goals I have set for my 45th.
But this morning a glimmer of hope appeared. It knew that I needed it, especially after stepping on the scale and seeing no progress. It gave me more hope and motivation that this May Challenge is just want I needed to kick start my journey. Watch out world, I think it may be bikini time in July!!!!
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
I'm celebrating my 45th because I deserve it! I have not celebrated my birthday, and I think it's about time that I show thanks for God keeping me all these years. I have had many opportunities for the tragedies in my life to overtake me, and in a couple of incidences almost lose my life. For so long I've felt guilty about my birth because I was the final and surprise pregnancy to my parents after already having 9 children. So this year, I'm celebrating me and the accomplishments that I have made thus far through the talents and guidance that God has bestowed to me.
I am so thankful for so much in my life, that its overwhelming sometimes. How will I celebrate? With the enjoyment of my favorite music with friends and family. I'm going to the Cincinnati Music Festival in Cincinnati my birthday weekend. The day before, on my actual birthday, I'm going dancing.
Watch out, because July is going to be the bomb!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Okay, so looking at all the postings and advertisements that show before and after pictures of women in bikinis, I thought "why not". Also, WalMart had a sale on them for $6 a piece. I must admit that I have never worn or purchased one in my whole life, not even when I was a young teenager without "war scars" (lol). Any way, I purchased a black top and bottom and had my daughter take a "before" picture so that I could show my progress when I have my "after" or "big reveal" in July.
I must admit that my family was shocked that I purchased it, and not so much that I wore it. They laughed because they know that other than for the pictures, this outfit won't see the outside, at least not without a cover-up. I'm a 1 piece person to my heart, and find them the most comfortable and flattering for my body type. Anyway, here I am sharing this with my SparkFriends as an act of accountability. Don't be too cruel.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DOTTY7267 Posts