Thursday, January 15, 2009
My one year anniversary with SP is coming in less than a week. It is hard for me to believe that a year has passed. I have lost weight and gotten stronger in the last year. One of the greatest gifts I have found on SP is the friendships I have built. That is one of the reason I really appreciate SP so much. I have friends here on SP that I talk to more than most of my family and friends in the USA.
The best part of my SP friends is that we all have very similar goals to be fit. It is my goal this week to get under 100 kilos, but my scale so far seems content to stay right where it is. There are a few days left in the week, so I have not given up yet. The fact is the tape measure told me that I lost an inch more in my hips, so I know the scale will show that weight loss eventually.
What did I do this year?
1. Lost 28 pounds on SP, making my total weight loss at 88 pounds.
2. Found lots of friends.
3. Have gained significant strength to put my cane down- most of the time.
4. Learned how to count calories and how many calories I really need to lose weight.
5. I found out that I am a lot stronger than I thought by participating in the New You Bootcamp Challenge.
My goals for the coming year:
1. Reach my weight goal of 180 by the end of the year
2. Do one of the SP video workouts at least 3 days a week. This is in addition to my normal workout. I really fell in love with the workouts.
3. Stay on course with frequent small meals, tracking as often as I am able to.
4. Help at least one person sign onto SP and mentor her. I want to help one person lose weight this year.
Thank you to all of my SP friends. You are the best.
God bless you,
Remember we can do all things through Christ!