Tuesday, July 23, 2013
I lament that there is no time in the day. But each day is a gift from God meant to use to get closer to God and to love and take care of one another. I want to remember that with every breath I take and to be a good steward of the life God gives me. Taking care of myself is essential to be able to take care of others. I want to appreciate each day, even in the mundane tasks I do over and over. I want to reflect on the goodness of it all and have less worries, anxieties, and guilt. Amen!
Monday, April 01, 2013
Put it into writing again--people who write down their goal are more likely to achieve them. Came clean on my true weight right now---that's always hard when you made your goal weight twice. The key to staying there is realizing you are really not dieting, you are trying to make changes in your lifestyle that stick for the rest of your life!!!
Took all my measurements---that was hard. I am 1 lb under my start weight in 2006 and had never taken measurements at the start that time so I had no idea how many inches I eventually lost. Never really wanted to go back to find out but I will deal with it.
I would love a few people to do this journey with---any age, any gender, any walk of life, just be ready to go like me and we will get going and have fun with it!!!
Monday, April 05, 2010
This is the day I stop ****ing around (you fill in the blank--I can think of mess and fool--but I can also think of a FEW others) with this thing. No more indiscretions---more focus on keeping the deficit alive so the scale will move downward instead of staying stationary. Sometimes it just takes just a slight adjustment to get big results--an extra walk in the evening, cutting back one snack, substituting a lower cal ingredient for another--but it all adds up.
I am tired of talking about this. I want it done. I will get a start weight tomorrow morning--right now salt from Easter Ham is clouding the true value.
April 6 lb
May 6 lb
145 lb by 6/15/10 Riverbend DMB
This is it!
Then move on!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Took a quiz and based on my answers this was the result:
Which Fitness Class is Right for You?
Quiz by Nicole Nichols, Certified Fitness Instructor
Group fitness classes offer social support, expert instruction and fun! If you're curious about classes, find out which fitness classes suit your workout style. Not into group fitness? Your results will also recommend fitness DVDs that you can try.
Your Results Looking for Functional Training
For you, exercise serves a preventive, therapeutic purpose. You want to maintain a strong core, decrease pain, and stay active and limber as you age so that you can live a healthy, independent life. You're more interested in maintaining long, lean muscles and good posture than running a marathon or benching heavy weights. There are many group fitness options for exercisers like you who want functional strength and an overall healthy body.
Try these fitness classes: Mat Pilates, Reformer Pilates, Ballet Workouts, Functional Training, BOSU, Abs classes, Core Strength, Yogilates, Balance Ball, or Balance Training. All Pilates classes focus on the core muscles (abs, obliques, hips, back), which help you balance and maintain good posture. Functional training classes mimic movements that you do in real life, helping you stay strong and limber, while BOSU, Abs, Core, and Balance classes all focus on the core, balance, posture, and proper body mechanics. Overall these types of classes tend to be low-impact and focus on balancing the body.
Workout videos to try: Balance Ball Beginner's Workout, Pilates Powerhouse, New York City Ballet Workout, Crunch Super SlimDown Pilates Yoga Blend, Stott Pilates Essential BOSU, Core Secrets
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Cruising through some SparkFriend’s blogs (Leeloozabat) this morning and found this. There’s no telling where it originated!
Feel free to copy all these fun questions and writing your own responses! You can paste these instructions in the body of your blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:43 AM went to Boot Camp this am but did not know it was cancelled due to all the smow we had--had NO trouble getting there and the parking lot of Ballet Tech was plowed ---so did some upper body strength training back at home and will go to the Y this afternoon for some cardio (OR MAYBE--just walk outside in my backyard (8 acres) IN THE SNOW!!! FUN!
2. How do you like your steak? Medium Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Avatar --go see it in 3 D, it was great!
4. What is your favorite TV show? Dancing with the Stars now, any Star Trek series
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? the South Pacific--but I do like the variety of a temperate zone--love the seasons!
6. What did you have for breakfast? Silk Milk Very Vanilla, English muffin with Smart Blend 50/50 butter and honey
7. What is your favorite cuisine? New Orleans french/cajun
8. What foods do you dislike? Tomatoes (but I like anything pureed--it's a texture thing and cucumbers
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Home with my family--but have someone else COOK! Hehehe
10. Favorite dressing? Green Goddess--haven't had in a while
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Chrysler Town & Country minivan with all the whistles and bells
12. What are your favorite clothes? shorts and a tank top
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Italy and Greece, Australia
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Half full
15. Where would you want to retire? near my children and future grandchildren with homes in the mountains and on an island
16. Favorite time of day? morning
17. Where were you born? Cleveland, OH
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? college basketball, University of Dayton Flyers
19. How many siblings? 2 sisters and a brother, I am the oldest
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Anything to do with water (I'm a fish), and water and snowskiing
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Everyone
22. Bird watcher? sometimes, usually bid birds like hawks and owls
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? morning
24. Do you have any pets? 5 cats
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Going to the Gorge this year to see Dave Matthews Band!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A scuba instructor
27. What is your best childhood memory? Playing all day long with the neighborhood kids, the M.O.D. club
28. Are you a cat or dog person? like them both but only have the energy for cats
29. Are you married? Yes
30. Always wear your seat belt? Absolutely
31. Been in a car accident? Yes, several, luckily all relatively minor--two my fault--rearenders-totalled my car once
32. Any pet peeves? When people say they are going to do something but then do not--I am guilty of this sometimes too--as we all are. But I TRY not to do it.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Cheese, sausage, mushrooms, olives black and green, green peppers
34. Favorite Flower? Gardenias
35. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Penn Station
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
38. From whom did you get your last email? Sparkpeople
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Best Buy
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? decided at the last minute to go on a ski trip
41. Like your job? yes
42. Broccoli? Steamed only
43. What was your favorite vacation? Grand Cayman Island on break during yearround medical school (3 yr program)
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? on the Moeller ski trip to Snowshoe West Virginia---Lynne (another mom chaperone and my roomie), my son Andrew and my daughter Celeste, Bill and Mark--ski team advisors, Greg (a dad chaperone) and two friends of my son on the Moeller High School ski team. We went to House of Asia at SnowShoe Village--yummy!
45. What are you listening to right now? always DMB, also got a new CD with Bela Fleck in trio with a cello player and a percussionist with the Detroit Symphony orchestra--so far I think it has to grow on me--love the banjo but the cello just groans weird.
46. What is your favorite color? Green
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
48. How many people will fill this out? No clue
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 7:37 am
50. Coffee Drinker? No...occasionally some tea if I have someone to drink it with --I am a social hot liquid drinker only! That includes hot chocolate. At Starbucks, I have the skinny Vanilla Steamer at 140 degrees (any higher than that on anything burns my tongue)--skim milk with sugar free Vanilla syrup, no whipped cream---but only go there with others unless I need to use their wireless.
Keep it going if you so choose!
Get An Email Alert Each Time DOCKO56 Posts