Saturday, October 09, 2010
I'm sooooo proud of myself! I set out today to do something that I felt was impossible... I actually jogged an entire mile for the first time in about 20 years!
Granted I was far from an olympic pace (12 min, 13 sec) but I did the whole thing without walking at all.
I can definitely do this!!
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
I'm down another 1.8 this week! Can't complain at all since I haven't really been doing much in the way of exercise. I've just been sticking to my calories and that's it!
I go back to my doctor today for a follow up visit and the last time I was there I weighed around 242 and now I'm at 225... down 17 pounds in about 3 months. Not bad... not where I'd like to be, but not bad at all.
I think my biggest issue currently is getting exercise. I'm not really too comfortable in going out at 5 in the morning right now because it's pitch black. It doesn't get lighter out until around 630 or so and by that time I can't walk 45 minutes b/c that would make me late for work!
Same thing for when I get home... I don't get home til around 6pm and then we eat dinner. By the time we're done it's getting dark and again I don't want to be out running/walking when it's pitch black. I would join a gym, but I don't have the funds right now.
I'm going to ask for just straight old cash for Christmas and my B-day this year in the hopes of being able to buy a decent elliptical or a recumbent bike. I could do them while I watch tv either first thing in the morning, after dinner, or heck... why not do both?!?
I'm also thinking about asking my doctor about a weight management program that's offered through Christiana Hospital. They have what looks like a pretty good program. They have an exercise facility and it looks like they offer nutrition classes and such. We'll see how it goes!
Only about 3 weeks until I start my vacation and I get to see my sister, my mom and my dad. My sister has been totally kicking a$$... she's lost like 50+ pounds! Can't wait to see them all! I'm thinking this year's eating will be different than the past years. When they're here it's usually time to loosen up and return to my gluttonous self. But this year I feel will be different. My sister's losing weight, and my dad is as well so I'm hoping that we make some smarter choices in what we eat. I'm not saying that I'm not going to get a nice greasy cheesesteak while there here, I'm just saying that I'm not going to eat the cheesesteak, an order of cheese fries, and a large coke. (Haven't had a soda in 25 weeks!!!)
Best of luck to you all, and keep on losing!!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? Nope.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Tucked in.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Why would I want to?!?
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? Sometimes, but only at work.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? All the time and it drives me crazy!
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Both!
8. Do you have freckles? Yes
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Pictures you pose for? Sometimes
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Rudeness.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Nope.
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? Yes, of course!
13. What about pooped in the woods? Uh... no.
14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? No.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? I used to.
16. How many people have you slept with this week? That's not really necessary to answer.
17. What size is your bed? Queen
18. What is your Song of the week? Believe by Brooks and Dunn
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Sure. I have a pink polo.
20. Do you still watch cartoons? With my daughter.
21. What's your least favorite movie? Halloween III
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Why bury it, spend it!!
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Honey mustard.
25. What is your favorite food? Pizza
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Blues Brothers, Smokey and the Bandit
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? My wife and my daughter.
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? No.
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Who the hell would want that magazine!??
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? A few weeks ago.
31. Can you change the oil on a car? Yes.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? no
33. Ran out of gas? no
34. Favorite kind of sandwich? Grilled Cheese with lots of cheese!
35 Best thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes!
36. What is your usual bedtime? 9:00
37. Are you lazy? YES!
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? A whole bunch of different things.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? No idea.
40. How many languages can you speak? One. English.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Nope.
42..Which are better Legos or lincoln logs? Legos!!!
43. Are you stubborn? As a mule!
44. Who is better...Who cares?!?
45. Ever watch soap operas? Yes when I worked at Kmart. I didn't have a choice, that's what was on when I would come in to work.
46. Afraid of heights? Yes!
47. Sing in the car? Absomotherluckingfutely!
48. Dance in the shower? Uh... no.
49. Dance in the car? No.
50. Ever used a gun? Yes, I used to own a Sig Sauer 9mm P226
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? Wedding... 10 years ago!
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Nah.. I don't like them but I wouldn't say they're cheesy.
53. Is Christmas stressful? Sometimes.
54. Ever eat a pierogi? Yes.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Apple.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?. Fireman.
57. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
58. Ever have a Déjà-vu feeling? Yes.
59. Take a vitamin daily? Nope... does coffee count as a vitamin?
60. Wear slippers? No.
61. Wear a bath robe? No.
62. What do you wear to bed? Tshirt and some shorts.
63. First concert? Warrant, Firehouse and Trixter.
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target
65. Nike or Adidas? Nike
66.Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Neither... I'm allergic to peanuts and hate sunflower seeds.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? No.
69. Ever take dance lessons? Does squaredancing in highschool count?
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? No. I already have a spouse... no need for a future spouse!
71. Can you curl your tongue? Yes.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? No.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes.
74. Own any record albums? No.
75. Own a record player? No.
76. Regularly burn incense? No.
77. Ever been in love? YES.
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert.
79. What was the last concert you saw? Brooks and Dunn.
80.Hot tea or cold tea? Cold.
81.Tea or coffee? I drink coffee every day.
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles? Sugar.
83.Can you swim well? Like a rock!
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes
85. Are you patient? No
86. DJ or band, at a wedding? DJ.
87.Ever won a contest? Yes.
88. Ever have plastic surgery? No.
89. Which are better black or green olives? Hate 'em both.
90.Can you knit or crochet? No.
91. Best room for a fireplace? Living Room.
92. Do you want to get married? Already am!
93. If married, how long have you been married? 10 years
94. Who was your HS crush? Don't remember... it was a long time ago!
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? Throw a fit??? YES! Cry... no.
96. Do you have kids? Yes!
97. Do you want kids? Already have an awesome 5 yr old daughter.
98. What's your favorite color? Black.
99. Do you miss anyone right now? My wife and kid!
100. Did you watch Next Great American Band on FOX? No never heard of it.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DMURPH409 Posts