Thursday, September 23, 2010
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? Nope.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Tucked in.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Why would I want to?!?
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? Sometimes, but only at work.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? All the time and it drives me crazy!
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Both!
8. Do you have freckles? Yes
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Pictures you pose for? Sometimes
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Rudeness.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Nope.
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? Yes, of course!
13. What about pooped in the woods? Uh... no.
14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? No.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? I used to.
16. How many people have you slept with this week? That's not really necessary to answer.
17. What size is your bed? Queen
18. What is your Song of the week? Believe by Brooks and Dunn
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Sure. I have a pink polo.
20. Do you still watch cartoons? With my daughter.
21. What's your least favorite movie? Halloween III
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Why bury it, spend it!!
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Honey mustard.
25. What is your favorite food? Pizza
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Blues Brothers, Smokey and the Bandit
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? My wife and my daughter.
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? No.
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Who the hell would want that magazine!??
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? A few weeks ago.
31. Can you change the oil on a car? Yes.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? no
33. Ran out of gas? no
34. Favorite kind of sandwich? Grilled Cheese with lots of cheese!
35 Best thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes!
36. What is your usual bedtime? 9:00
37. Are you lazy? YES!
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? A whole bunch of different things.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? No idea.
40. How many languages can you speak? One. English.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Nope.
42..Which are better Legos or lincoln logs? Legos!!!
43. Are you stubborn? As a mule!
44. Who is better...Who cares?!?
45. Ever watch soap operas? Yes when I worked at Kmart. I didn't have a choice, that's what was on when I would come in to work.
46. Afraid of heights? Yes!
47. Sing in the car? Absomotherluckingfutely!
48. Dance in the shower? Uh... no.
49. Dance in the car? No.
50. Ever used a gun? Yes, I used to own a Sig Sauer 9mm P226
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? Wedding... 10 years ago!
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Nah.. I don't like them but I wouldn't say they're cheesy.
53. Is Christmas stressful? Sometimes.
54. Ever eat a pierogi? Yes.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Apple.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?. Fireman.
57. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
58. Ever have a Déjà-vu feeling? Yes.
59. Take a vitamin daily? Nope... does coffee count as a vitamin?
60. Wear slippers? No.
61. Wear a bath robe? No.
62. What do you wear to bed? Tshirt and some shorts.
63. First concert? Warrant, Firehouse and Trixter.
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target
65. Nike or Adidas? Nike
66.Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Neither... I'm allergic to peanuts and hate sunflower seeds.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? No.
69. Ever take dance lessons? Does squaredancing in highschool count?
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? No. I already have a spouse... no need for a future spouse!
71. Can you curl your tongue? Yes.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? No.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes.
74. Own any record albums? No.
75. Own a record player? No.
76. Regularly burn incense? No.
77. Ever been in love? YES.
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert.
79. What was the last concert you saw? Brooks and Dunn.
80.Hot tea or cold tea? Cold.
81.Tea or coffee? I drink coffee every day.
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles? Sugar.
83.Can you swim well? Like a rock!
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes
85. Are you patient? No
86. DJ or band, at a wedding? DJ.
87.Ever won a contest? Yes.
88. Ever have plastic surgery? No.
89. Which are better black or green olives? Hate 'em both.
90.Can you knit or crochet? No.
91. Best room for a fireplace? Living Room.
92. Do you want to get married? Already am!
93. If married, how long have you been married? 10 years
94. Who was your HS crush? Don't remember... it was a long time ago!
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? Throw a fit??? YES! Cry... no.
96. Do you have kids? Yes!
97. Do you want kids? Already have an awesome 5 yr old daughter.
98. What's your favorite color? Black.
99. Do you miss anyone right now? My wife and kid!
100. Did you watch Next Great American Band on FOX? No never heard of it.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Ok, so the last few weeks I've been pretty unhappy with my results. I'll admit, it's my own fault. I don't have anybody to blame but me. I didn't stick with my nutritional plans, I didn't exercise like I was and I was giving in to temptation and grazing when I was previously able to say no and walk away.
I had come pretty close to packing it in and giving up but thanks to the support from you guys I'm still gonna keep on going. I can't count how many people's pages/blogs I've left that on and here I am not listening to my own advice. Keep on going!! My SparkPage says, 'I will not fail!' and you know what?!?! I won't!
I was thinking today about some of the things that I've accomplished since I started my journey to health and I think it's important to be able to celebrate your accomplishments and not always focus on what still needs to be done so here goes:
1) I've lost 42 pounds in 22 weeks!
2) I've dropped about 3 pants sizes
3) I've walked 104 miles so far. Granted it's not a lot, but it's 104 more than I would have walked had I not been involved in this program.
4) I am working on my fear of doctors and as a result I'm finally being treated for my high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and thyroid issues.
5) I feel better about myself when I look in the mirror
6) I'm being a better role model for my daughter who means the absolute world to me
7) I'm able to wear my wedding ring
8) I've been able to take up about 4 notches in my belt since I started
9) I haven't had a soda in 22 weeks!!!
10) About 95% of my fluids in a day are good old fashioned water, I'll have some milk in my cereal, and maybe an unsweetened iced tea if we go out to eat, but other than that it's water, water, water.
11) I've eaten more vegetables in the last 22 weeks than I have in my entire life! Salads used to be like garlic to a vampire but now I love them. Baby spinach is the best!
12) I'm able to wear shirts and other things that I haven't been able to wear in several years. It's like I have expanded my wardrobe and it didn't cost me any extra money, just a little sweat!
I've still got about 67 pounds or so until I get to my goal, but I'm confident that I can do this. I've lost 42 pounds so far, what's another 67?!? Thanks again to all the wonderful SparkPeople that have supported me so far! Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time DMURPH409 Posts