Tuesday, June 26, 2012
My mother gave me this years ago. I love it and when I was going through some papers I found it.
She used to come down to visit me 3 or 4 months a year during the winter and we enjoyed each other so much.
Her favorite thing to do down here was to go to the farmer's market. She bought fruit and veggies and took some to a neighbor. This is what she did when we were kids and we grew a garden. Her only outing was to go down the road to a neighbor's
to take them produce.
My mother didn't give many hugs until she got older but she did give a lot of love.
One day she told me "You never hug me". That was when I was grown and she was in a nursing home. I told her I was not brought up to hug. I started hugging her each time I went North. I love hugs.
Now here is the poem she gave me on
It's wondrous what a hug can do. A hug can cheer you when you're blue.
A hug can say "I love you so" or "Gee I hate to see you go."
A hug is "Welcome back again!" and "Great to see you! or "Where've you been?"
A hug can sooth a small child's pain, and bring a rainbow after rain.
The Hug! There's just no doubt about it, we scarcely could live without it.
A hug delights and warms and charms, it must be why God gave us arms.
Hugs are great for fathers and mothers, sweet for sisters, swell for brothers
And chances are some favorite aunts love them more than potted plants.
Kittens crave them. Puppies love them, Heads of state are not above them.
A hug can break the language barrier and make the dullest day seem merrier.
No need to fret about the store of 'em, the more you give, the more there are of 'em.
So stretch those arms without delay and give someone a hug today.
I send my Spark friends lots of
Saturday, June 23, 2012
From Max Lucado
It’s estimated our bodies are 80% fluid. Apart from brains, bones, and a few organs, we’re walking water balloons!
Stop drinking water and see what happens. Coherent thoughts vanish. Skin gets clammy, and vital organs wrinkle.
Eyes need fluid to cry. Your mouth needs moisture to swallow and your joints need fluid to stay lubricated. Your body needs water the same way tires need air!
God wired you with thirst–a “low-fluid indicator.” Let your fluid level grow low, and watch the signals flare. Dry mouth. Achy head. Weak knees. Deprive your body of fluid and your body will tell you. Deprive your soul of spiritual water, and your soul will tell you.
Dehydrated hearts send desperate messages: Snarling tempers. Waves of worry.
Jesus said, “if anyone thirsts let him come to me and drink. He who believes in me, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water! John 4:14″
From Come Thirsty
Saturday, June 23, 2012
A diet is a weigh of life.
It's not the minutes spent at the table that put on weight, it's the seconds.
It's something most of us do religiously: We eat what we want and pray we don't gain weight.
The problem with curbing our appetites is that most of us do it at the drive in window of McDonalds.
The most fattening thing you can put in an ice cream sundae is a spoon.
The biggest drawback to fasting for seven days is that it makes on weak.
Sweets are the destiny that shapes our ends.
Diets are for people who are thick and tired of it.
The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat.
Diets are for women who not only kept their girlish figure but doubled it.
(Something else found among my papers but don't know where I got it from)
Hope you have a good and can all day long.
Have a good weak, I mean week, end all.
I love the play on words.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Today I found this among some papers I was cleaning out. I don't know where it came from but it is so I just had to print it and send it on. Do you need a today?
My idea: It is hilarious but if you want to lose weight, have a positive outlook on life and get healthy, read it for the laugh as laughter doeth good like a medicine but don't follow them
Here it is.
RANDOM THOUGHTS FROM A WOMAN
1. Reason to smile: Every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.
2. Women over 50 don't have babies because they would put them down and forget where they left them.
3. One of life's mysteries is how a 2 pound box of candy can make a woman gain 5 pounds.
4. My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
5. The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
6. The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you're doing, someone else does.
7. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.
8. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
9. Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness
10 I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.
11. Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks two sizes.
12. Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, "You know sometimes I just forgot to eat," Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat.
13. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills. She had 14 kid, but she doesn't really care.
14. They keep telling us to get in touch with our bodies. Mine isn't all that communicative but I heard from it the other day after I said, "Body, how'd you like to go to the six o'clock class in vigorous toning?" Clear as bell my body said, "Listen witch...do it and die."
15. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing (and then they marry him.)
16. I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day.
17. I know what Victoria's Secret is. The secret is that nobody older than 30 can fit into their stuff.
18. If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DIDMIS Posts