Thursday, August 19, 2010
In my head, a rather sunshiny place, I dance thru green fields dotted with big daisies. A reward for my adherence to the PLAN.
--Listen to the music
--Dedicate time to goals, but no more than reasonable, then walk away.
--Do something fun everyday. (even if it is only kinda fun)
--Tivo and enjoy it.
--Keep a clean house, within reason. Comfortable
--Eat foods that are whole/unprocessed.
--Cook from scratch
--Care for people who deserve it.
--Hug my friends
--Sleep as much as I really need
--Drink my water
--Avoid icky people, dark demented zombies, soul-sucking vampires, professional victims, politics, extremism, bad air, rap music, etc.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
1. What time did you get up this morning? 10:36am
2. How do you like your steak? NY strip - med rare... Prime rib - rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Netflix!!! Monster, Inc.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Psych
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Montana
6. What did you have for breakfast? Chai tea with creamer
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I seriously eat anything except organ meat.
8. What foods do you dislike? Brain and scrambled eggs...any organ meat...I just can't...ugggghhhh. Sometimes I get grossed out if I find connective tissue in my steak or roast.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? ?? Cheap and home made...that would be my house.
10. Favorite dressing? Home-made Bleu Cheese or Dilly dip.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Pontiac Grand Prix SE
12. What are your favorite clothes? Running pants with the cute pink stripe, sport bra, and a black t-shirt that is soft and comfy.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Heaven... for family hugs, dog kisses, and kitty cuddles.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? About 100-300 calories depending on what it is.
15. Where would you want to retire? In the mountains away from the city.
16. Favorite time of day? Grey light of dawn.
17. Where were you born? Anchorage, Alaska
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Dressage, so beautiful.
19. How many siblings? 1 blood...many adopted.
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Reading, gaming, and cooking.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? hmmm, more curious about other people's witty responses.
22. Bird watcher? If they cross my line of vision or are pooping on my car.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? night
24. Do you have any pets? All in heaven.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Not really...everyday grind.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Horse trainer
27. What is your best childhood memory? Me and my brother together doing whatever.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Depends upon the personality of the animal.
29. Are you married? No, sigh.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Adamant seat belt wearer...wait till you see some guy in the ER with his skin peeled off his face! You will wear yours too.
31. Been in a car accident? Yepper, I always get hit while I am sitting still. Parking lots, stop lights, etc.
32. Any pet peeves? People talking out of their *bleep*, bad drivers, selfish drivers, inconsiderate drivers, unconscious drivers, druggies, college alcoholism, marijuana smokers "Dude, like...it isn't affecting my ability to do my job...", cigarette smokers...in cars...throwing lit cigarettes out the window...on to MY CAR.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Light cheese, extra sauce, eggplant parm.
34. Favorite Flower? Dianthus
35. Favorite ice cream? Key Lime Gelato
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? KFC, still love their chicken!
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
38. From whom did you get your last email? Spark
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't have credit cards.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? this blog
41. Like your job? I love being a nurse, I only need to find a job!!!!
42. Broccoli? Sure, can you lightly steam it and spritz it with lemon, then pan grill it with garlic and cashews?
43. What was your favorite vacation? stay vacations
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My sweety...Mr. Man!
45. What are you listening to right now? Air Conditioning Unit switch on and off and on and off...
46. What is your favorite color? Blue...
47. How many tattoos do you have? None, never found anything important enough to have it permanently marked upon my skin.
48. How many people will fill this out? huh?
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 3:09 pm
50. Coffee Drinker? Omg yes...please. One cup every morning with a chai tea bag and creamer.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
It has been sooo fricking hot! And humid!!! I can be up at 6am for a run, but golly...I am hot and sticky just walking to the bathroom.
I can't sleep till I get a job. I am taking Tylenol PM two hours before falling asleep...then I am drugged for 10 hours and feel like crud.
The wonderful state of CA is holding up my endorsement application for RI over $60. I sent in my application to RI over two weeks ago....waiting, waiting...finally, CA BRN (board of reg nursing) sent me a letter saying they can't endorse me as a nurse because I didn't pay $60. It is a freaking rubber stamp saying that I am an actively licensed nurse in CA! $60!!!!
I came with enough savings to get thru a month....with some expenses like this I will be tightening the belt more and more.
On the plus side: I have a wonderful life and the potential to earn money to support myself quite nicely. I want that potential to be actual.
Friday, July 02, 2010
1. Yahoo mail...it links to everything in my life.
2. Nikerunning...who can do without that awesome little coach program? Links my runs then shoots them over to facebook to show off my miles!
3. sparkpeople...my fellow warriors in action
4. facebook...guilty pleasure, or sick addiction?
5. bing images...anytime i need a reminder why I am doing the getting in shape thing...type in "Abs"
6. yellowpages...nuff said
7. 43things...list of everything i want to do, as i remember to type it. A bucket list!
8. yelp...i am a yelper and proud of it. Awesome site, wish the businesses weren't able to remove some of the bad reviews....they earned them.
9. What should i read next? A site that you put your read books into, and it links to other people's read lists and suggests new stuff. Quite a find.
Friday, July 02, 2010
Red leaf lettuce...i thought you had no surprises for me...till I went to open the green twist tie and found velcro! Green food velcro gently holding my lettuce leaves together. wow...the gal that came up with that use needs a pat on the back. Very cool!
Ohhh, and I updated to Windows 7. Mr. Man did the honors...spending two days reinstalling every single thing on my computer. What a wonderful, hardworking man. Computer knowledge is very, very sexy to me.
Now, I have to remember all the sites I loved to visit and all the passwords to them that were automatic. Sigh, no slam dunk here. My brain is swiss cheese in the password dept.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DHALYIA Posts