Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I am still recovering from total hip (right hip) replacement.. and will probably be recovering for the rest of my life. But for the first time I was able to walk four miles (ever - in my entire life) and that is #1 on my list!
1. I now love to walk - 4 miles today!
2. I enjoy exercising (thought it was for egomaniacs)
3. I fit into my skinny clothes
4. I will soon have to buy all new clothes
5. Intimacy! - well, you know the rest
6. I can walk real fast - 14 min. miles!
7. I sleep better at night
8. My attitude is my life - and my soul
9. I have learned to love myself, even with my faults
10. I have more patience
11. I listen to people more
12. After meetings with strangers, I am sometimes refered to as the "brillant one" although I hardly ever utterd a word!
13. I respect my body
14. I respect the bodies of others
15. I can say NO to pleasure and be happy about it
16. I know that I can conqure a mountain if I watch not to trip on a pebble.
17. I am my own best friend
18. I treasure my family - my true strength
19. I start each day with a smile - even if it hurts
20. The scale is my friend
21. I know so much more about nutrition
22. I know so much more about exercise
23. I know so much more about motivation
24. I still want to learn more about self-improvement
25. I know in the deepest part of my heart and soul that this is a life long journey of permanent health and that I will never see again the sorry-ass that used to be in this skin.
It took me about 3 min. to type these up - I could go on for another 2,500!