Wednesday, May 30, 2012
I must admit, after so many missed re-starts with my new healthy lifestyle program I was hesitant to announce yet another start to my adventure to better health. But now, after one month of developing better eating and exercise habits and experiencing a ten pound weight loss, I am well on my way, excited about the past month and looking forward to continued success. My motivation is to look back at my reasons for wanting to change my life:
1. I want to go into a regular clothes store/dept. and find my size.
2. I do not want to "guess" if the XL will fit - or if I should I buy the 2XL.
3. I want to button the top button of my dress shirts without crushing my larynx.
4. I want to have a closet full of clothes that fit me.
5. I want to be able to jump on the scale, anytime, anywhere.
6. I want to be ablel to tuck my shirt in without worrying about it coming back out.
7. I want to find pleasure in drinking pure water.
8. I want to have a night stand drawer empty of candy and treats next to my bed.
9. I want to breathe normally after going up a flight of stairs.
10. I do not want to "Start" another diet, ever.
11. I do not want to feel shame over a failed weight loss plan ever again.
12. I want to pass up the "Sweet and Salty" snacks aisle.
13. I want to go into a health food store and not feel stupid or scared.
14. I never ever want to feel like a prisioner in my own body.
15. I want to celebrate my victories with lean, rather than mean foods.
16. I want to be a great example to my wife and kids.
17. I want my boss to know that he has a team member that is a great role model - in all ways.
18. I want to hear people say that I "look great!"
19. I want to crave "healthy" rather than "fast" foods.
20. I want to look forward to being in photographs.
21. Never again should I have to say "I want to", but rather "I am".