Sunday, June 08, 2014
yes.I lost 8 lbs in the hospital....came home on oral steroids and gained 6 lbs back. I struggled with despair.Why is it that I'm having such a hard time BEING GOOD on this Eat To Live program.the first time I went in gung ho and jubilated as the pounds dropped off. I will try again. I know that this is the shortest route to the goals I desire to reach.If I could get solidly into a size 16, I would be very happy. Of course that is not the end of my goals....but it is a good solid start.
What made the weight come off in the hospital? NOT HAVING ACCESS TO IT 24/7. I did have graham crackers here and there but not a whole box.
what happened to the firm selfcontrol I had as a teen and young twenty-something with regard to food. I simply did not eat. I had every excuse in the book, right on hand. "I ate before we left" "upset tummy tonight" and so forth and so on. Now I eat and I know people are thinking, "Should she really be eating that with the way she looks?It's mortifying. I was so embarrassed to be seen eating that I only ate at night....when no one could see..
I know these are not coming from a healthy perspective re: food. But face it: every person here has or had twisted behaviors and faulty, skewed thinking about this substance we put in our mouths because we must or we die. What will free us?
1) God's words: "You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free." Do you know the truth about your body? I read "YOU - on a diet" by Dr. Oz. That was a big bowl of truth....and it wasn't pretty. How can truth set us free?(in regard to food)
You know those "before" pics....the ones with the sad faces, embarrassed and ashamed. Do we really know what we look like? I know I don't. I can't find my camera which is maybe a blessing. But if I do find it, I'm gonna take a few honesty shots. I'm going to take a good hard look at what other people see when they see me. I've got to "own" those images. And then --every twenty pounds lost, I will photograph again and again. I will study each pic. I will try to pick up something that weighs 20 pounds just to see what I am lugging around on these inflamed joints. Every twenty pounds I will reward myself with something I want (not food!)
The truth shall set you free.
Here are some truths:
1) I am a child and creation of God, the maker and sustainer of the universe.
2) As such he loves me with an everlasting love...not because I deserve it but because he not only made me; he bought me....at a very dear price.
3) God wants me to be healthy as much as possible ...and for the rest, to lean on him completely for strength. He has unlimited reserves.
4) I need to understand that it was my behavior that got me where i am today. Just as no one forced me to get overweight, no one is able to lose it for me either.
5) Be patient with yourself. Be happy with every pound gone.
6) I am engaging in self defeating patterns of behavior....even when I know I should not eat those pieces of pizza before me...I do anyway.
7) use breath prayers to get you through bad temptations.
8) Use activities that are absorbing which keep your hands busy so you do not eat.
9) Keep communication lines open between God and myself.
10) Keep your eyes on the goal before you. Imagine hitting your goal....the excitement and happiness. PRE-live it.
Keep seeking TRUTH. Remember : we have to KNOW truth in order to be set free from bondage,food addictions, unhealthy habits of eating. Gut honesty before the all-seeing gaze of the MIghty One. Once we become immersed in truth something will begin to happen.We will no longer play games with our psyche.WE wll no longer tell ourselves or believe our own lies.
Surround yourself with people who have accomplished difficult things. Ask them questions.
my journey begins right now. I'm done with all the detours.I'm done with excuses.I'm DONE with watching myself get fatter and fatter. No one will do it for me. Are you ready? Let's GO!
Thursday, May 29, 2014
I got home from the hospital yesterday.As I dressed to go home, I noticed something. Yes, I all swollen and puffy from the steroids. But my huge GUT that has been growing larger and larger,suddenly seemed a little smaller.Sure enough, my pants buttoned with out a struggle. I said to my husband in the car on the way home, " I think I have lost some weight!" he said "Yes, you have"....
This morning I was eager to get onto the scales. I had been 227....and today I weighed 219!! 8 whole pounds....gone almost without effort. I did keep tracking what ate. But I ordered normal to large quantities of food and ate every last crumb. I do not understand how I could lost 8 lbs while on IV steroids. It is inconceivable.
Now with today's grocery order....I will be switching over to the Eat to Live plan. In this plan I do not have to count calories I just have to watch WHAT I eat. Quantities are almost unlimited. In fact you are ENCOURAGED to eat 2pounds of veggies in a day. One pound cooked, One pound raw. Add to that a cup of beans.and some onions and mushrooms....and you can eat it all without fear. You are encouraged not to eat between meals but at meal times, stoke it up!
Get An Email Alert Each Time DEDICATED2HIM Posts