Saturday, March 27, 2010
I am so sad to have to tell my fellow riders this horrible story. Some of you may have
heard, others may not.
This week, in Phoenix, 8 motorcycle riders were sitting behind two other vehicles at
a red light, and a man driving a garbage truck was fiddling with some papers in the
truck while driving, NOT WATCHING WHERE HE WAS GOING OBVIOUSLY, and ran over
the bikers. The truck went over the top of them and the
bikes caught fire. At last count 3 were dead, 6 others injured, 2 super critical, 1 was
treated and walked away, 3 are seriously critical.
With riding season on us, please be careful, watch your mirrors when waiting on a light
or whatever. This man is sorry, he says, yet how many people talk on the phone or TEXT
while driving. DRIVE DEFENSIVELY.............RIDE DEFENSIVELY.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
I got a email from Char, regarding her husband Bob (whom we have several on here
praying for) and GREAT NEWS....he is in remission. The dr. says it has to be a God
thing, because he doesn't know how else this happened. The unfortunate news is he
was dropped on the xray table and now has 3 compression fractures in his back.
Char and Bob are very grateful for all the prayer support. She says she has not had to
much time to be online, and also she is having computer problems....
I would just ask that we continue to hold Bob and Char up in prayer.....thank you so
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Always remember to forget the things that made you sad.
Never forget to remember the things that made you glad.
Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue.
Never forget to remember those that have stuck by you.
Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away.
Never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY TO ALL MY SPARKFRIENDS, WHETHER YOU'RE IRISH OR NOT!
I AM, AS IT HAPPENS! GODS' BLESSINGS ON EACH OF YOU.......................................
Saturday, March 06, 2010
If you are reading this, you have the honor of copying all these goofy questions and writing your own responses! Paste these instructions in the body of your blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8 A.M. (Because my daughter called)
2. How do you like your steak? Medium Well
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Too long ago to remember....
4. What is your favorite TV show? N.C.I.S.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Besides the U.S.A., probably
Ireland...ancestors and all that....
6. What did you have for breakfast? An Orange, so far.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian, Mexican, American,Italian, Seafood....and the
list goes on....................(sorry Sonny&Cher)
8. What foods do you dislike? Eggs, unfortunately for one. Don't know if Tofu qualifies
as food or not, but it looks awful to me...............
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Depends on what I want...Red Lobster, Olive Garden or Pas'Ghetti's, Austins Steak House, any good Mexican restaurant,
10. Favorite dressing? Ranch mostly
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Not that I get to drive very often, but we have a
Chevy 2500 HD, 4 wheel drive extend cab(I miss my truck/wish I had not sold it so many
12. What are your favorite clothes? Tailored casual.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Hawaii or Ireland
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 Full most of the time
15. Where would you want to retire? Depends on how much money is available..LOL
A camper and traveling the USA would be splendiferous..............
16. Favorite time of day? Any time
17. Where were you born? Kansas City, MO
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Nascar, I like ice skating too
19. How many siblings? 2 brothers who have both passed.............
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Emailing, Reading, RIDING MY HARLEY, writing letters for
snail mail with my handydandy Fountain Pen
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Whoever answers
22. Bird watcher? Yes,
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Afternoon......lol
24. Do you have any pets? 3- 2 dogs and 1 boss cat
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Soon will be able to go visit my
kids and my Sisterinlaw
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A Pilot
27. What is your best childhood memory? Going horseback riding with my best friend,
who was killed in a car wreck. STUPID DRUNKS...........
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Horses, dogs and cats. Even made a pet out of a cow and
29. Are you married? Yes, much to my amazement. (Goes to show you GOD has a sense
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes, the 2nd thing I do when I get in a vehicle. First is
lock the doors...............
31. Been in a car accident? Yes, 1 major, several small ones. None of which were my
fault, before you ask.
32. Any pet peeves? Liars............Can't stand to be lied to.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, Olives and Cheese
34. Favorite Flower? Camellia, Poinsettia, Roses, Magnolia's in full bloom.....
35. Favorite ice cream? Strawberry
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Quizno's, Love their subs
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Never have.
38. From whom did you get your last email? One of my spark friends.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Rider's Harley Davidson
or MACY;S, or........................well you get the picture?????
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Opened my treadmill......
41. Like your job? Oh heck yes, being Retired is the only way to go.
42. Broccoli.........Love it, especially cooked....(sadly with butter) ha
43. What was your favorite vacation? My tour thru Tennessee....Gatlinburg, Nashville,
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Well, since my Husband does not allow me
to date, I'd say him....
45. What are you listening to right now? The Weather Channel
46. What is your favorite color? Red or pale pink probably
47. How many tattoos do you have? Nary a one....I have some temporary ones that you
put on from Harley, to drive my daughter into screaming fits.........LOL.......now she knows
how I felt.....I put 4 or 5 of Elvis on when we went up to my son's last wedding, and made
sure she saw them, oh man................it was hysterical...........
48. How many people will fill this out? Quite a few I hope..............
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 11:45 AM on 2/6/10
50. Coffee Drinker? Yes, one cup a day.......
Thanks for reading, and I hope you do one too!! :)
Sunday, February 21, 2010
This is something we should all read at least once a week!
Written By Regina Brett, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I've ever written."
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special –tomorrow is not guaranteed.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything .
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything . Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift..."
Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DARLENEK04 Posts