Thursday, August 26, 2010
A bit about me:
First off, this is my second SP profile. Due to some technical difficulties as well as my desire to completely start from scratch, here we are. For those of you who may have known me, I was Kharahlyn in another life.........Now, on to the "good stuff."
1) I am a nurse. I work in critical care, and nursing is my life. Whenever anyone asks who I am, the first thing I say is "I'm a nurse." Yeah, it's that important.
2) I have been happily married for eight years. We've spent the last 6 months trying to get pregnant. I'd say that is a good enough reason to jumpstart my healthy habits again, wouldn't you?
3) I have beaten - and am continually beating - depression. I am off medication and am in therapy and am doing well. Life is good. At least, right now. ;) It's always lurking in a hidden corner, but for now I know I have and can beat it back.
So, now my goals:
1) My ultimate goal is to get back down to 145lbs. That is a bit daunting to think about right now, so I have little goals of 5lbs losses. My current goal is 175lbs.
2) I will get back to training at least 4 days a week. Fitness is important to me. Even when I was slacking, I still worked out at least once a week. It helps keep the demons at bay.
3) I will connect. SP is all about being healthy. For me that means physical AND mental health. I am, by nature, a social person. But I am also, by nature, cautious to let people in AND afraid to risk effort only to be let down. My challenge, therefore, is connect to a few - to risk being hurt and let down. My suspicion is that people are not as fickle as I may believe. ;)
Thanks, all, for being there!