Monday, October 22, 2012
Another blog writing for the BLC Challenge, so, here goes.
Looking at my goals for BLC 20, I have noted the following:
- that I have reached goal #2 ( fit into my size 16 jeans !!
- long way to go for goals 1 (lose 20 lbs) and 3 (decrease running time)
- and a very, very, very,very long way to go to reach goal #4 ( to look my age- 45 yrs old and not 10 yrs older).
After reviewing my POA, I realized the following:
1. I have been drinking 8 glasses of water/day.
2. There were days when I drank more than 1 diet coke.
3. I, more often that not, was able to stay within my calorie range.
4. I have not tried one new recipe /week. In fact, I have not tried any new recipe at all!
5. Definitely not been able to workout minimum of 30 mins 6 days a week. The issues I have been dealing with have drained me of energy to workout!!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! Each of us is dealing with some kind of issue, but this is no reason to stop taking care of oneself. Some issues we have no control of anyway so, why worry!!
So, in order for me not to find an excuse to workout, I will do this first thing in the morning. After I drop DD off to school, I will go straight and do my walking, then come home and have my breakfast. If I do it the other way around, I end up pushing my workout till late at night. Not good!!
I will continue to drink my 8 glasses of water/day. No more buying of diet soda, that way I am not tempted to drink it!!
With the November challenge coming soon, I will do my best to eat clean. I seriously want to see and feel the effects of clean eating on my body.
SO again, NO MORE EXCUSES!! Besides, I cannot let LWLaura wait for me too long in 190ville!! She's been there a few weeks now. Have to work harder to meet her very very soon!!
Good luck to me!! 6 weeks left so I need to FOCUS!!!
Monday, September 17, 2012
I am not much of a blogger but since this is part of the weekend challenge for BLC 20, here goes:
My goals for BLC20 are the ff:
1. Lose 20 lbs (from 213 to 193 lbs) –yay this would put me in ONEDERLAND!!!
2. Fit into my size 16 jeans – fitting into size 14 will be a bonus!!
3. Improve my mile walk/run. Currently, I am at 18 mins & 46 secs.
4. Not look like I am 10 yrs older than my actual age specially when I am with my friends. Seriously, my BFFs from high school look like they are still in high school. The have not aged at all!!!
My POA (plan of action) to reach these goals:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water daily. I seldom forget to drink water, but ever since the start of the challenge, I have been consciously drinking 8 glasses daily.
2. Limit my diet coke to 1 a day. I am a diet coke addict, but I know how bad this is for me so I am going to limit my diet coke to 1 daily until I can totally eliminate this.
3. Stay within calorie range except when I am totally eating clean.
4. Try 1 new clean recipe a week. I have subscribed to so many pages on FB where they showcase various eat-clean recipes.
5. Minimum of 30 mins of cardio 6x/week.
6. 3x/week upper and lower body strength workout.
7. 3x /week core exercises.
Week 1 (Sept 12 – 18)
This week is the “getting to know your team” week. I am loving my team so much. A bunch of chatty, supportive ladies and gentlemen. This week, I have started incorporating clean eating into my diet, with a few hits and miss now and then. Before the challene, DH and I have been walking/jogging 3 miles/week. I, however, have joined the 12 week workout streak, so I have been working out almost everyday now.
Week 2 (Sept 19-25)
My high school friend is visiting from the Philippines so we will definitely have a get-together with other friends. Get-together means eating!! I will do my best to make good choices here.
Week 3 (Sept 26 – Oct 2)
This is my DD’s 7th bday (Sept 26). My family loves to eat and always finds a reason to eat out. This will be a good reason to eat out. And, when we eat out, it is usually BUFFET style. DH says to get our money’s worth, we have to keep going back for more. OH NO!!! I will, however, suggest Olive Garden or any other restaurant which serves healthy soups and salad. DD’s favorite is Soup Plantation, so maybe we could just go there. We’ll see. Any suggestions?
Nothing really special events happening here. Just continue with my POA.
Week 8 ( Oct. 31 – Nov 6)
HALLOWEEN!!! Fortunately, I am not into candies so this week will not be a problem. Yay for me!!
Week 9 (Nov 7 – 13)
No special occasion as well! Stick to POA. By this time, I should be seeing a big improvement in my mile walk/run time.
Week 10 (Nov 14-20)
Nothing special planned. Stick to POA.
Week 11 (Nov 21-27)
THANKSGIVING. We go to my SIL’s house for Thanksgiving and there is a lot of food during this time. I will try my very very very best to eat healthy here. I will track everything I eat and make sure to workout doubly hard during this week to compensate for all the calories to be consumed.
Week 12 (Nov 28-Dec 4)
Last chance workout. I really hope to see a big improvement on how I feel and look by this point.
I am so excited. Good luck to all of us!!!
Here is a picture of my BFFs
Here is a "before" picture of me now.
Now do you see what I mean?
Anyway, looking forward to seeing the future beautiful me. lol.
Let's do it, Mustangs!!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
I am so happy. I have been good the last few days (since Sunday). My calories are within range (even my carbs, cholesterol and saturated fats), have been doing my cardio and strength training, and getting my 8 cups of water. I am able to resist any cravings or temptations. Sure I would have a piece of cookie (remember the delicacies my mother in-law brought last Friday?) if I wanted to, but just 1 piece and I made sure it was within my calorie range (including fat). Normally, I would have eaten3-4 pieces. Wow, I feel really good. Hopefully, I see the effect on tomorrow's weigh-in (well it's already 3:53 am EST, so I should say later), and hopefully too I can continue with this attitude.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
I ended the day feeling proud of myself. I had dinner before 7 pm with total calories of only 1222 (lower end of my calorie range), with diet consisting mainly of whole grains, fruits and peanut butter (which made me go over the recommended fatty acid by a few grams but I was still fine with that), 90 minutes of cardio and strength training, water intake of 64 oz. THEN... my mother-in-law arrives at 10:30 pm (she's spending the weekend with us) bringing with her various chips and chocolates. She makes me try some and being the ever obedient daughter-in-law (or is this just a convenient excuse), I give in to her. RESULT - 200 calories more with carb and fatty acid intake more than allowed and what's worst, it was 10:30 pm. So why oh why? I feel so bad. Ruined a perfectly good day.
I will try my best to be good tomorrow, except we have a children's party to go to (CHuck-E-Cheese). I love pizza so I hope I can control myself- one slice will be fine!!
If I fail again, there's the day after to start anew. I will never give up because I have come this far!!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
People close to me always tell me to lose weight in order to improve my health (after all i have 3 small kids to take care of). My love for food, however, would always overpower my desire to improve my health and equally important to feel good about myself which i have not felt in a very long time. I would always be in awe when my highschool friends would email me pictures looking like they are still in highschool, making me look like their mother (im not kidding). But come to think of it, why can't i look good as well. if they can do it, i can do it too. it's time i do something about my lifestyle - focus on my health and improve my looks.
Get An Email Alert Each Time DANI05 Posts